“lovely hotel”

Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice quite recently and cannot praise it and its staff enough.
The rooms are spacious very clean with everything you need. Separate bath and shower. The spa is a relaxing haven, the jacuzzi is a great place to chat with all types of people, again very clean.
Breakfast is very organised, Linda is the supervisor and her staff are a credit to her management and Thorpe park ensuring straight away you get tea/coffee.
My only minus is the WiFi but it just made me relax more.

Room Tip: I stayed 3rd floor my room had a bed with lovely white sheets, a desk and a sofa with coffee table...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for your comments about your recent stays with us, I will share your feedback with Linda and all my team who will be really encouraged by it. Apologies for the Wi Fi issues, we are currently upgrading our system so hopefully on your return visit it will be much better

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband and I spent months visiting hotel wedding venue’s staying overnight to experience the hospitality of the hotels with very disappointing results.
Purely by chance we heard that the Thorpe Park Hotel was hosting a wedding show case, so we went along and sat in the car park and thought that the surrounding office industrial estate was not as picturesque as we hoped for, we approached the entrance to the hotel and the feeling of ease and relaxation instantly over whelms you.
The staff on entering were so friendly and helpful and showed us around the venue room, grounds and guest rooms.
We reserved a date for our wedding and a few weeks later we spent a night at the hotel to experience the ambiance our guest would receive, as we wanted our day to be as much about our family and friends.
Paul and I booked the Thorpe Park Hotel and immediately was given 100% help, guidance and support from the specialist at the hotel.
Prior to the day we met our toast master Ashley Johnson, we instantly warmed to Ashley’s friendly personality, he talked through the proceedings of the days and we knew instantly we were going to have a wonderful day.
28th June 2014 arrived and Ashley was amazing, so tentative, nothing was too much trouble, he was so organised and professional.
The bar and serving staff at the wedding made our day so memorable there were very friendly and professional.
The staff at this hotel are outstanding from the moment you enter the reception you feel you are on a desert Island and they all give 100% to ensure your stay is one you will remember.
Paul and I would like to thank everyone at The Thorpe Park Hotel for making our day so very special they are truly a credit to the hotel.

Room Tip: My husband and I had a suit overlooking the car park, our guest had a number of other rooms includin...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review, I am delighted that wedding celebrations went well and you were well looked after by the team. It really is the best part of my job to read such positive feedback, Ashley and the whole team were really encouraged when I shared this with them. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and on behalf of all of us here congratulations on your wedding and all the best for the future

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Booked a Sunday night escape package for myself and a friend as a treat and it really was.
Hotel from the outside looks nothing special, maybe a bit corporate but inside the decor is lovely. we arrived early so our room wasnt ready,no problem our bags were held in the luggage room while we had lunch and a quick look around. Rooms were a good size with separate seating area .robe and slippers are provided to use in and around the hotel.
we had treatments booked in the spa in the afternoon and due to staff illness one of the times was changed. the staff could not aplogise enough and we were both given a bag of spa goodies as an apology - not really needed but a lovely gesture. we both had massages which were so relaxing, afterwards you can chill out with a juice/hot drink and take it easy in the Relaxation Room. we made use of the outside space to sunbathe as the weather was warm , plently of loungers and seating in a little garden area too.
Dinner in the evening was fab, i cant recommend the salt and pepper squid enough, along with the chocolate cheesecake and blood orange sorbet which i could have eaten all night, it was delicious.
Breakfast was of the same standard, plenty of choice of hot and cold dishes, well presented and cooked.
the hotel staff were great throughout our stay and i wouldnt hesitate in recommending coming here for a special occasion or if you just fancied a pamper. the spa package price was a bargain and if i could stay here every weekend i would.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marie68
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your Sunday Escape Package, it really is excellent value and I will share your feedback with all my team.
I look forward to welcoming back to Thorpe Park soon
Regards

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I use Thorpe Park for conference and training on a very regular basis and have done so for the last 12 years. It is without doubt the best hotel in Leeds for business travellers in my view. The conferencing facility is second to none and the conference café makes breaks a simple affair that allows a speaker to run over for a few minutes without worrying about lunch or drinks going cold.

The quality of food and beverage is excellent and my delegates love the extra goodies such as sweets in jars, healthy fruit and nuts, home made granola bars etc.

The bedrooms are always spotlessly clean in my very long and regular experience and are a credit to the dedicated housekeeping team there. The toiletries are Espa and all the rooms have a bath and separate shower which is excellent.

The gym, pool and health facilities are an additional bonus and the Espa spa is an extra special treat at the end of a long day.

The restaurant is really good and the choice of food means there is something for everyone. I organise a set menu with 4 choices of starters, 4 mains and 4 desserts for conferencing as I usually have around 20 to 25 people in at a time for evening dinner. A good quality and reasonably priced wine list is an added bonus.

Check in is always efficient and friendly as is check out. There is a good car park with easy access from the motorway.

I have also used the hotel for large private dinners with entertainment and it has always been a huge success with all the guests and events have ranged from 30 people to 150. The events and conferencing team have always ensured that whatever I have planned is delivered to the highest standard.

Which brings me to my last point which is that it is the people who make Thorpe Park extra special. Gordon Jackson, the General Manager has a marvellous team of people who really care about the customer experience and that comes from his own excellent leadership example. The team there really are genuinely outstanding and I can say that having experienced it consistently over 12 very happy years.

It is a superb venue for business, pleasure, family gatherings and absolutely perfect for the solo traveller.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but ask for a quiet room if there are events on and the staff will ensure you sta...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for such a lovely post about our Hotel, I genuinely appreciate that you have chosen to share such wonderful feedback and all my team with be delighted and encouraged by it. I am extremely proud of Thorpe Park and the wonderful people that I get to work with every day.
Gordon

Reviewed 29 June 2014

my daughter booked us in this hotel for the girls night out package to celebrate her 40th birthday and my youngest daughter;s graduation. what a bargain. free toiletries, maltesers popcorn dvds, use of spa cocktails before dinner wine with dinner, proper milk in the room and lots of choices of drinks. the service was excellent and the food was to die for, would highly recommend this hotel and would happily stay here again . the only downside was some guests returning to their rooms in the early hours and banging the doors

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rodafan

Thank you for your comments about your Girls Night Out stay with us, they are our most popular packages and its great to get such lovely feedback. I am delighted that you chose us to celebrate birthdays and graduations, and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to us when you next have cause to celebrate

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is a beautiful hotel. Spa lovely and relaxing. Had a seafood platter in the spa restaurant which was presented brilliantly and tasted delicious. The only thing was that our key for the room was given to us when the room hadn't yet been cleaned which was around 1pm. Key shouldn't have been given if room wasn't clean. Had all the amenities in the room, even an iron, ironing board and hair dryer all of which we're useful.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us and I glad that you enjoyed our facilities and dining with us. I must apologise for our error, we most certainly should not give you a key to a room that has not been fully cleaned and checked.
Hopefully we will see you back at the hotel soon

Reviewed 28 June 2014

My friend is a spa member and constantly complains to me and friends about how the spa and gym facilities have deteriorated. Being a Leeds Council gym member I suspected she may have been going over the top with her expectations. When she offered me a day pass I took her up on it and as such leave this review in support of her complaints.
I found the facilities to be dirty and a bit grubby, in total contrast to the bar/dining areas where I actually had a really nice lunch. The sink and showers were rank with mouldy grout and just looked like they needed a good, proper clean. The bin was also broken. The jacuzzi made me feel grubby as the slats around the edge were dirty and I was put off looking out a dirty window with green round the edges.
The gym was okay but on both the bike and cross trainer I went on the TV was broken and again it all looked tired - not like my council facilities which are fab!
I may have been looking out for stuff more because my friend had told me about it but put it this way, she's being ripped off knowing what I pay for my council gym and what she's paying.
She has a load of complaints but they are not for me to say as I've not experienced them myself but I see a bit where she is coming from. Not a 4 star spa in my opinion.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments about our Spa. Its very disappointing to read that you found our facilities not to standard. We have over 1200 members here at Thorpe Park, and we are extremely proud of our facilities and the service we offer to all our guests not just in the Spa but in all areas of the hotel. I certainly don't believe that we rip any one off, I cant comment on the gym that you keep referring to, but the vast majority of all our members and guests regularly feed back to us how much they enjoy our Spa and all the facilities, I don't believe you mentioned of the issues you have commented on to any of the team on the day, so I would assume the intention was to always use this platform to feed them back to us. I will take all your comments on board, as we do with all feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your lunch.
Gordon Jackson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leeds
Holbeck
The Chambers Park Place
Oulton Hall & Spa
#1 of 1 in Oulton
Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds

Been to Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!