“Very Good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

As a regular user of the hotel, it consistently delivers a high quality experience, both as a hotel and as a conference facility. Staff are helpful and polite, facilities are clean and of a high quality, food is excellent, and the rooms are modern, clean and of a high standard (although if memory serves me correctly there wasn't an iron in them!). I look forward to returning next time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MrGJackson, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. It's always great to receive such positive feedback especially from regular guests. Just to confirm all of our bedrooms are equipped with an iron and ironing board. I look forward to welcoming you back to Thorpe Park soon
Gordon Jackson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Dunstable, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I often stay at Thorpe Park for business, and it is my prefered hotel in the area. For me the hotel ticks all of the boxes, the rooms are all to a really good standard with a small sofa, a desk and lamp that allows you to work shoulkd you be away for business and most importantly a comfortable bed. The hotel provides a few nice touches with things like fresh milk in the fridge and both a bath and shower in the bathroom.

The hotel itself is nice, with a very nice swimming pool and gym, with spa facilities. The food and service is very good, however the evening menu choice is limited. The staff are all very friendly and always make my stay very enjoyable.

One thing that I do not understand is why there is a car parking charge, it is not a town centre location and parking is on the hotel grounds. Parking in the area does not seem to be in short supply and most neighbours are offices.

I would like to say that Thorpe Park is excellent. In my opinion it just falls short, however what it does do is a lot of small things very well indeed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MrGJackson, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for your comments, Its very encouraging to hear that all the small details we provide are appreciated by our guests.
Car Parking is only charged midweek, as it very much is at a premium and we have to ensure that we can always have a secure parking space for all our guests. On your next visit to us please speak to our reservations departments, as a business user we can organise a rate that incorporates car parking charges
Thanks again for all your feedback
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Comfortable, peaceful, friendly, clean, good food, nice pool.
I really enjoyed this hotel and had such a good nights sleep, I'm not sure if it were the comfy bed or the peace? Staff were very helpful finding me a charger to use because I left mine at home. I thoroughly enjoyed breakfast and wish we had the time for the pool because it looked so inviting!

• Stayed November 2013
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us, I am delighted you were suitably impressed with our hotel and on your return visit you must make time to enjoy our excellent Spa facilities
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Although not in the city its a good location just off the M1. We only stayed overnight but would recommend from our short visit. The rooms are of a good size, clean and the bed comfortable. Its a bonus having the pool.
Breakfast was very good and the staff friendly and helpful.
It was slightly noisy at night ( saturday and busy) so not the best nights sleep.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MrGJackson, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent stay. I am glad you were impressed with our hotel and hopefully I will be welcoming you back to us soon, so I can ensure a more peaceful stay for you
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed at the hotel and took advantage of the girls night out package. We all arrived at different times as we were travelling from different parts of the country, the hotel staff went out of their way to ensure check in was smooth and we all had what we needed.

We enjoyed all aspects of our package, including the spa, cocktails and meal.

Thank you for a fantastic weekend, we are already planning our return!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Clurest
MrGJackson, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us, I ma delighted that you enjoyed your Girls Night Out so much as it really is my favourite package. I look forward to welcoming you back to Thorpe Park soon
liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Once you get over the slightly odd location of this hotel (in a business park!) it's a great place to stay. From the welcome to the sparkling clean room and delicious breakfast, we enjoyed every minute. The swimming pool was great, and over all I could not fault this hotel. It's comfortable, modern and everything works.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DinkyDonut
Nick J, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thank you for your lovely review of your recent stay
with us. It's so encouraging for the whole team here at Thorpe Park Hotel to receive such positive feedback. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to us soon
Halifax, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

My wife and I enjoy an occasional spa hotel break and have travelled around the country to a number of different venues. We need not of travelled so far as practically on our doorstep we found Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa. We checked in on Friday night and were directed to our room where we quickly dropped our bags before heading back down for a drink and meal, which we had booked in advance (good idea when busy to avoid disappointment). A pint and a cocktail later we were shown to our table. Food and service quality for this dinner service was the best I have enjoyed in any hotel or restaurant anywhere in the UK. I cannot fault anything about the evening. My starter of radish and goats cheese risotto was lovely as was my wife's pate. For mains, I was delighted with the pork fillets and the duck salad was equally enjoyable, although a huge portion! The meal was finished off with a chocolate orange style cheesecake and sticky toffee pudding and everything was washed down with a good bottle of white rioja. The following day saw us enjoy breakfast and lunch (again both excellent) and also using the spa facilities which were clean and well maintained with helpful staff members never too far away if required. Check out was also quick and painless and left us both feeling sure that we will return in the not too distant future. TIP - Come here for a dinner you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nick J, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent stay, I am delighted that you found us and had such an enjoyable experience. I very much hope I can welcome you back to Thorpe Park in the near future, and please do check our website for more information about our Escape Package which is inclusive of Spa Treatments and is our best value Spa Break