“Disappointed”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I andrea.mitchell50@yahoo.co.uk a woody's regular but thought I'd give these guys a try. Went in way home from work Tues night 8.30ish just saying that as they were not busy! Had a mixed grill, chicken over cooked and dry, lamb kofte burnt on the outside raw in the middle and lamb shish burnt one side and over cooked and chewy!! Salad wasn't asked what I wanted in it and just tasted of onion and lemon, I always ask for no onion!! Bread was stone cold.... It came with rice which they don't say and I'm actually allergic!!! So £1 cheaper than woody's but overal just awful, staff and service lovely gave me a free Turkish tea shame the foods not a match on the service, won't be going again!!!

• Visited November 2013

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Low cost lunch in the sunshine”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

A quick sandwich for lunch on Street Lane and back to work was the plan, but it was a lovely sunny day so we sat outside Instanbul Mangal on the sunny side and had a lovely simple lunch, watching the world go by. A Greek Salad and a Chicken Tikka wrap, fresh orange juice and good company. It took a while to get served but it was quite busy - could be an issue if time is limited - but the food was excellent and really very good value.
So, reviewing Istanbul Mangal as a lunchtime cafe, rather than as an evening restaurant: on a sunny day its just right!

• Visited June 2013
Kendal, United Kingdom
“New Home celebration”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

5 of us celebrated my daughter and partner's move into their new home last Saturday evening at this Turkish restaurant. Istanbul Mangal Restaurant is the name on the bill, though the sign outside says Restaurant Lara. Whatever it's proper name, it's a really good food place.
There was a good amount of choice on the menu and everything we chose was delicious. There's a decent selection of wines and beers too. The service was helpful and friendly and we didn't have to wait long to be served.
Kleftiko and Lamb Casserole were our favourite main dishes. Definitely a place to return to that deserves to be better known. We were able to park outside.

• Visited April 2013
“4th name in as many years?”
Reviewed 8 February 2013

In an area of Leeds spoilt for choice when it comes to eating, Pera/Elite/Istanbul/Larja is usually a last resort. Napa across the road does better breakfasts, Haley and Clifford next door to it does better lunches, and The Olive Branch 500 metres along the road is much better for middle eastern food. Tio Pepe in Oakwood beat it at tapas It has more tables than the last three, which is why I've been more than once. However, the service was lacklustre and inflexible while the food was merely adequate.
I'd recommend it for a coffee when Haley and Clifford is full but otherwise I'd say don't bother.

• Visited December 2012
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Impressive Dinner”
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Drove past this place many a time and finally went for dinner the other night. We arrived quite early which allowed us to benefit from the Early Bird (2course £10.95) I was highly impressed. The food was outstanding! I had the Falafel for starter, which was the best I've tasted. I have the lamb and vegetables for my main which was also to die for and went perfect with a glass of the house red wine. Would recommend this and I will certainly be going back again soon.

• Visited January 2013