“RUB!!!”

Park House Bed and Breakfast
Park House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #20 of 26 Leeds B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Worst place I've ever stayed, rooms were shoddy, minimal and cold, the radiator was crap and the bathroom was TINY. The outside window was rubbish too and didn't do much to block noise.
A group of people arrived for what was obviously a night out and decided to live it up and turn Park House B&B into party central by playing some lame music out of crap speakers with no consideration for anyone else in the building. They came back at about 4:30am completely wasted making noise and talking absolute moronic garbage. I went to the housekeeper and told him the problem, he told them to be quiet (which they didn't) and then said he would call his manager (which he didn't). We were left to wait until the drunken fools had passed out before we got any sleep. NEVER going back and really hope no one else does either. Pay an extra £10 and go to a better hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 January 2013

OK so we stayed here just before Christmas on a stag doo of 12 lads for a Saturday night.

The rooms are basic, not very clean with bedsheets from the early 90's.

The staff cannot speak very good English at all.

Extra charges for some damage ( fire alarm OUTSIDE of my room ). I only became aware of these charges by a SMS message from the owner a few days later!

Breakfast is charged at an extra £2.50 so it isn't really a B&B and you have to tell them as soon as you arrive if you want it the next day.

Rooms was not ready when we arrived so had to leave all luggage in 1 room and go out to Leeds as we didn't really have any other option.

Right so the worst part, Me and a friend both found the following day bite marks on our legs, back, stomach, backside from these beds. They are not clean at all. I have stayed in some dives in my time but never been bitten by lice.

Good points ( Non B&B related )

Pub across the road which serves edible food ( just ) but good for drinks before you go out.

Off license right next door

Butty shop next door which is fantastic, use this not the B&B.

Taxi rank about 100 yard from B&B
Taxi is 5 mins into town, i think it cost around £10.00

Now i am speaking for a group of young ish lads here, it sis the job just fine for a good shindiggs in Leeds.

Couples may want to stay somewhere else as the place is full of groups really.

Room Tip: Choose the top floor where there is two rooms and your out of the way
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2012

My relative booked a single room with breakfast and was shown to a room with three beds; a TV and kettle and not much else. the "en suite" was a total disaster accessed down a flight of stairs.
At night it was impossible to sleep as it is situated on the main road and has no double glazing.
The breakfast table was not unlike a low class transport cafe set with huge thick mugs.
Needless to say my relative did not stay for breakfast and she was charged £39 instead of the advertised £28 .
If you read any good reviews for ths establishment I can only assume they are bogus and someone is trying to pull the wool over your eyes.

Room Tip: Probably better going to The Crescent or Tommy Wass both in Dewsbury Road Leeds
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Stayed here for two nights and considering the price cannot complain too much as this is what you would expect from a one star hotel.

Despite labeling itself as a central hotel it is still a half hour walk into the city center. There was a pub across the road which seemed nice enough but apart from that very little in the area.

The room we booked was a non smoking but this seemed to just apply for our visit only as the room reeked of smoke. The room was average and had tea and coffee plus free-view TV and the beds were reasonably comfy. No air conditioning so we had to leave the window open so it was quite noisy too.

The worst thing though was the ridiculousness of having to pay £3 for breakfast at a weekend, despite calling itself a Bed and Breakfast. And to make matters worse the breakfast on weekdays is only between 7am and 8am, which seemed a con so they could sleep in longer because not many people would want up at that time.

If you just want somewhere to sleep fair play, a taxi from town would cost about £9. But if you want somewhere nice with average customer service then this is not the place for you!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I've just done a course at Leeds City Technolgy College in Westland Rd, Beeston. The Park House is at the top of the road. I stayed for a week B&B. The room was homely and clean. The staff were extremely polite and helpful. The breakfast was good. Excellent value for money. Cable TV in my room and tea and coffee facilities. En suite bathroom with modern shower. I have previously stayed in Travelodge hotels in Leeds when attending courses. I future I shall use the Park House.

Room Tip: I only have experience of one room which suited all my needs.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Stayed in the B&B for two nights whilst visiting Leeds on a girls weekend!! We booked in as Bed & BREAKFAST!! It became a running joke that we were staying at a 'B & No B'!! Got there on the Friday to find that we couldn't have breakfast unless we paid an extra £3pppn!! Ordered our breakfasts, woke up Saturday morning to no breakfast!! Were told we didn't order them the night before!! Hmm.. OK?! We all went to the cafe two doors down which was FANTASTIC!! When we told the owners of the cafe what had happened, they told us it happens all the time!! They are forever feeding the the B&B owners customers!! The bedrooms were decent sized, nothing really to complain about, all have TV's, Kettles, Beds, Bedside Tables. But the Bathrooms were ridiculously small!! In our room we had to climb over the toilet to get to the small shower!! We could literally use the toilet, shower and sink at the same time!! Both our bedroom and our bathroom STUNK!! The bedroom smelt like a sweaty teenage lads room and the bathroom smelt of damp and mould!! Luckily we had great company with us to take our mind off the 'B & No B' lol!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Planned to use this hotel/BB but was getting there late in the night getting there 2 am, i told the lady she said it was too late but she will try and see, she called back and say that someone would be waiting for me at 2 am that i should go through the side.
I got lost during the night and couldn't make it until 4am, checked into another hotel because she told me to arrive 2 o clock and its almost 4.
I cannot believe i will get charged a service i did not receive, they charged me the full price as well,
Also when i was speaking to her she did not tell me i was BOOKING the room, she says its a standard thing they do for all of their customers, very deceptive woman.

Room Tip: avoid at all cost
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business