“Great B&B ”

Ranked #19 of 25 Leeds B&B and Inns
Thurcroft
“Great B&B ”
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Well my experience with Park House Leeds is totally different!!!! Nice clean good breakfast helpfull owner!!!! Is what you expect more go to a 5star hotel!!! Been there third time now and deffo will come back here!!!!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Our experience with this b&b was absolutely horrible. I wouldn't stay there again for free let alone nearly £100 for 2 nights. The staff & the owner are very unhelpful & very rude.The only helpful staff barely spoke English. Taking them to small claims court soon. Don't be deceived by the website. We were given 2 rooms & none looked anything like the website. When I complained the owner kept yelling at me that we are not a 5* hotel & that I shouldn't have such expectations!!! I mean, the curtains were so dirty that I didn't want to touch them. Don't waste your money & time. It is more like a very cheap hostel, not a b&b. Not at all family friendly. Disgusted by them & cut our break short as a result.

Room Tip: Don't bother with this place. Choose a different b&b. Anything else would be better than her...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lily t

Travellers are raving about these Leeds hotels

Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Stayed one night hoping not to get the room mentioned in reviews with the small bathroom. I got it. BUT it wasn't bad. New shower which was great. Manager says cramped loo about to be replaced which will fix the problem. Tired looking decor but its genuinely clean - you can smell the linen's just been cleaned. Staff were really friendly and those comments about not speaking English pure racial nonsense. These guys clearly try hard to overcome some of the ridiculous negative feedback on this site that I suspect is made up in many cases. You really need to remember the price of £28 is quite a bargain and MUCH cleaner than my last Travelodge stay for £50 that was really filthy. Some previous reviews seem to be expecting rather a lot for their £28.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LightingPhil
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I stayed at the parkhouse bed breakfast very recently
i had booked quickly before going to Leeds and this is 2nd worst ive stayed in
just got back home to Scotland yday

i was in room 4 down a flight of stairs and the bathroom was tiny and very cramped
with no room and im a slim guy ..the bed in the room was uncomfy
im 5ft 9" in height and my feet were touching end of the bed
the sink was very small in the bathroom also the shower head wasnt working
as just wasnt screwed on and it sat there when you switched the shower on then
the head of shower would fall off
i personally used the hose part of the shower instead as the showers head would not screw
on at all ... the owners i think are from Pakistan
the manager on the morning i was leaving sais i was 10 mins too late for my breakfast

I tried to get a little sympathy that i was travelling a fair distance back to Scotland
in which i was that morning
but he just grinned and sais ill give you a slice of toast ..and sais such with a grin
upon his face and this on the morning i was leaving for Scotland
with 3 trains and a bus to get back home .. but thankfully my bag was packed
as i could not get out quickly enough

My 2 days staying there --> not once did the Manager say anything nice or chat friendly
like are you enjoying Leeds or have you had a nice time when out --> nothing whatsoever

the Authorities need to take a look into these places whom advertise for people
to stay in ..as this was not fit enough for humane consumption
the worst ive encountered trading as a b and b and this should not be allowed at all

Any tips ill give --> just book elsewhere --> also is a bit away from the city of Leeds
so take note --> not a nice bed breakfast at all vv

and anyone whom sais nice things about this b and b then theyre either family or friends
of the owner
Best tip --> go somewhere a bit better as there's none worse --> and ive stayed in a few .

Room Tip: Book elsewhere and thats the best tip i can give you ..
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank tartanlad844
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I have just returned back from a 2 night stay in this bed and breakfast with my 2 friends which proved to be a pretty horrendous experience! The room was what we expected for what we paid (out-dated, very basic and with a TINY ensuite in a rubbish location). Having already stayed in the room for one night and complaining of a terrible smell, the next day we found what appeared to be animal faeces on a dinner plate in the bedside table draw (I wish I was joking but this is the honest truth!) We were absolutely disgusted by this and if it weren’t for the time of day would have moved to a different hotel. However, the house keeper apologised and relocated us to a different room (which we demanded) and gave us a £10 refund. However, we thought this was totally insufficient and the next day demanded a full refund for one nights stay which was not given to us willingly at all! Could not get out of there quick enough... do not stay in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank trisha b
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Stayed at park house 2 days ago and i must say, it was far far better than i have experienced in other hotels. Paid £28 for a room which was a bargain! The room was great and had everything a girl could need for a nights stay. The staff were extremely helpful and even helped me with my bags! To be honest reading the previous reviews I completely disagree with their opinions. Obviously, if you incur a charge for damaging a room a negative review is going to be written! Ignore previous reviews i had a lovely time!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank joanne o
Northumberland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Worst place I've ever stayed, rooms were shoddy, minimal and cold, the radiator was crap and the bathroom was TINY. The outside window was rubbish too and didn't do much to block noise.
A group of people arrived for what was obviously a night out and decided to live it up and turn Park House B&B into party central by playing some lame music out of crap speakers with no consideration for anyone else in the building. They came back at about 4:30am completely wasted making noise and talking absolute moronic garbage. I went to the housekeeper and told him the problem, he told them to be quiet (which they didn't) and then said he would call his manager (which he didn't). We were left to wait until the drunken fools had passed out before we got any sleep. NEVER going back and really hope no one else does either. Pay an extra £10 and go to a better hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple