“fantastic hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
“fantastic hotel”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

stayed here last week with my daughter as we were visiting leeds university.
great location just 3 minutes walk from the train station and straight onto the shops the other side.
the reception staff were lovely and efficient, the room was a delight. very modern and clean with fluffy towels and a bath robe. tea/coffee etc. plus mini bar and complimentary water. we were on the 12th floor so great view all around.
Wish we could have stayed longer than one night!
at check out we asked to leave our bags as we did not want to carry them around all day at the university and this was no problem which really saved the day.
we did not use the bar but it looked very inviting and apparently the restaurant food is really good (another guest told us) and they gave you 25% off the meal.
Would definitely stay there again and for the price it was fantastic.

Room Tip: high up for the view and to avoid any noise if on the front although double glazing very good.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
ParkPlazaOps, Manager at Park Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Thank you for positive comments and feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Worcs
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Overall, we had a pleasant stay. I would recommend the hotel and would be happy to stay again.
My husband,baby and I stayed for one night on a family visit. We got a good deal on a website, so I really can't complain.
The staff had provided a travel cot, erected it and supplied fresh linen, which was a nice touch. The room was very clean and comfortable. Nice sized bathroom with a good sized bath. We had to pay extra for the breakfast. There was a great choice - possibly the best choice I've seen. The service was very good.

Minor complaints: the television was very dated looking, and while it didn't bother us at all, I have noticed that others have mentioned it on this site.

There was a leak in the tap which spurted water all over the sink area!

The room was not small - just smaller than what I was expecting from some of the pictures. There was only one window, and I was expecting two - again after seeing some website pictures. Mind you, we did have the travel cot in there, so this didn't help.

We were very cold in the night - was the air-con working?

The exterior looked a little grotty and there was building work right opposite - we could see this from our room, but not direct view. It didn't affect our stay/sleep.

No biscuits with the tea and coffee!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
SCARBOROUGH
Reviewed 5 November 2012

this Hotel is in Prime Location in Leeds City centre and has recently been subject to a refurb. The room was great apart from the plumbing which was knocking on and off for hours. we have stayed here before so I will put that down top one of those things.
The staff were excellent and a credit to the hotel. Breakfast although a buffet was great as you can order fresh eggs anyway you like. The choice is very large my only gripe being the toaster. Come on Park Plaza customers toasting your own bread, yes in a budget chain but not in a Park Plaza.
All in All would definitely stay again and recommend.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter from Street noise
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Every bedroom has been refurbished in the last year, I will however look intyo the comments about the plumbing.
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Visited the Park Plaza this weekend. I was booked in for a family wedding and as a result had been offered a reduced room rate which included breakfast.

Generally my visit was very positive. Staff in reception were very helpful. There was a slight mix up with rooms, and I was given a double rather than twin bedroom but a quick trip back down to reception this was promptly fixed and an apology given.

The rooms were spacious and pretty well appointed, and in good condition overall. Everything was clean.

The location of the hotel was excellent - only a few minutes walk from the train station, and only a few minutes walk from city centre shopping. Additionally the hotel has an arrangement with the nearby Q-Park parking lot which reduces the price down to £12/day for parking.

I was also very impressed with the inclusive breakfast. Not only was the dining room very spacious, but the selection of food and drink on offer was excellent.. I've visited my fair share of hotels this year and have to say this seemed to offer the best choice yet. I opted for toast (not feeling too hungry thanks to a hangover!) but other people in my party enjoyed full english breakfasts and a pot of tea both of which were given the thumbs up. There was a full continental breakfast range available, cereals, croissants, a good selection of juices and hot drinks, etc.

My only gripe was that the hotel is next to several building projects and I was quite dismayed to hear the builders start work on the site outside our hotel window at 7am on a Sunday. Couple that with a noisy water system (someone turned taps on at 4am in another room, and it sounded like someone playing a tuba!) and police intervening in some rather lively action in the street soon after, I didn't exactly have a great nights sleep. I'd consider earplugs essential for a future visit, but this is often the case with city centre locations!

Otherwise this is an excellent hotel and I would return here again without question.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for the feedback, we are in the city centre so background noise can occur, the new shopping centre is coming towards the end of completion so these issue's will stop soon.
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Me and my Boyfriend had a lovely time the staff were very welcoming and polite.
We loved the style of the bedroom and bathroom it was nice and modern.
We really enjoyed our stay and will be going back again in the near future.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the comments and feedback.
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2012

My daughter and 6 friends booked this hotel through booking.com for a birthday treat. Upon arrival the hotel reception manager Mark informed the 7 Girls aged in their early twenties their confirmation did not show the right tarriff so they were told by him to either pay £300 or leave the hotel. After a 2 hour wait in reception and a manager that clearly was a nasty arrogant horrible man and after having spoken to booking. com who informed us what was on the confirmation was right eventually the girls were allowed in their rooms. I am disgusted he would have turned 7 girls out of the hotel with no where to stay if we had not intervined. On complaining I was told my other daughter who resolved th problem with booking.com was abusive to him. I would not recommend this hotel after the treatment of 7 who had their weeknd spoilt by this man.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank jude h
Incorrect commentary the issue is a mistake by the client and booking dot com, who have apologised and paid towards the cost of the date change, clients were rude and offensive to the team at the hotel.
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Officious, to say the least.

For the price, sub standard. the bathroom was of a two star hotel standard - looked good but a) sink wouldn't drain b) cold water ran hot etc etc. Management completely unreceptive when approached.

I won't stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012