“A night away for my birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Park Plaza Leeds

Park Plaza Leeds
Ranked #36 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
Preston, United Kingdom
“A night away for my birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

we stopped at the park plaza for my birthday night out on Saturday 18th may 2013. We had to park on Q park car park, which is £17.50 for 24 hours, as the hotel doesn't have a car park, but this is due to being in the city centre and wasn't a problem as it was only a couple of minutes walk and we were there. The train station is only across the road if you wanted to travel by train. We arrived and checked in, and made our way to our room 407. The staff were friendly. The room was fine, enough space & a nice view. The shower was better than the one we have at home! Breakfast was good the next morning, although maybe a bit steep at £15 when you have McDonald's and places just up the road.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (523)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

We stayed for one night in May 2013, a group of 5 girls. What a hotel! Rooms are lovely, better than we expected. Check in was quick and very organised. Staff warm and friendly.
The restaurant is really good and the service is brilliant.
The bar is beautiful with really nice staff, nothing was too much trouble. Drinks are a little bit expensive but we didn't mind because we only had a couple before heading out.
Location, well this hotel is perfect for shopping, sightseeing, partying and exploring all Leeds has to offer.
Definitely staying again :-)

• Stayed May 2013
Driffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

We booked a one night stay to see our daughter in Leeds and we found the hotel ideal for our requirements. The value for money, the cleanliness and the staff were excellent and we would recommend this hotel for anyone needing a hotel in a central location.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

on arrival was greeted & escorted to parking area, booked in & informed about breakfast & dining opportunities & offers. Rooms wonderful, very clean, bathroom shower & bath with excellent power shower, extra pillows already available in the room, air conditioning & rooms serviced efficiently & discretely

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

Checked into the Park Plaza on a busy saturday afternoon, we were seen quite quickly and dealt with smoothly. Our room was on the 4th floor, it was clean and spacious and had every thing we needed. The Chino Cocktail bar was amazing and the service we had was lovely. Bed was comfortable and we had a good nights sleep/no noise. Breakfast was slentiful and Hot, loads to choose from, the area was nice and spacious too. Checkout was quick. Will return again soon.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

I work in Leeds 4 days a week and this means that I usually have to 'stay over' 2 or 3 nights each week. Staying in hotels so frequently can be tiresome to say the least but I've found that the Park Plaza breaks that feeling. A very comfortable set up, contemporary designed rooms that aren't too over the top and comfortable to spend an evening in and a great city centre location.

I think it's great strengths are its helpful and friendly staff, always polite and professional. Obviously they have a job to do and need to be efficient but it is done with a smile and a personal touch so you don't just feel 'processed'. They are a great source of local information about where to eat, where to drink, what to do on those burning evenings when you're at a loose end. I'd have never have found some of the 'local' places without their guidance. Really great.

Could it be better? I'm sure it could but you've got to remember that it's a hotel and not home so there are limits. On the odd occasions when things haven't been totally right it's just taken one request and it was sorted. No fuss, no bother.

So if you're staying over, particularly on business and don't really know the city, I'd stay here. It's central and safe. Comfortable and friendly. You may even find a little bit of Leeds that only the locals know about.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the upper floors (particularly the corner rooms) absolutely fantastic views.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
ParkPlazaOps, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, 26 May 2013
Dear MrMan123,

Thank you for your fantastic review of our Hotel!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

I was not a guest at this hotel (I wish I was), but I came here to say THANK YOU to John, who was at reception desk on April 17, 2013. My story: I was travelling around Britain and had no worries to book ahead considering it was low seaon. Unfortunately, when I arrived in Bradford at that day I couldn't simply find accomodation: an event was taking place and rooms at every single hotel were sold out. I took a train to nearby Leeds and my ordeal kept on: Leeds was also flooded by those who were participating in the event.

Then, starting to despair, I came across Park Plaza Leeds just to here another " no, we have no vacancies ", but John did more than that. He took my problem and finding me a room became his personal goal. After many frustrating phone calls, I found a bed to sleep at that night.

I was so thankful and I consider this to be a sign of excellence of Park Plaza, because if they have such friendly and sympathetic staff, they are doing things right.

Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Dear Jaenderc,

What a fantastic review of one of our team!

John has had the link to your review emailed to him (and the rest of the Hotel) and it's this kind of feedback that gives a real boost to morale.

I hope when you're back in Leeds you will consider staying with us!

Many thanks.