“SR”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“SR”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Visited the Park Plaza with friend early August. A good hotel with a great location for central Leeds Shopping, Pubs, Restaurants and Railway Station. Stayed there a few times - eaten and drank there which was good. On this occasion I got a good deal for hotel only but sometimes the pricing is high but if you can get a good price you cant beat it in this location.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
ParkPlazaOps, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear SR1657,

Thank you for your positive review of our Hotel, services and our great location!

We do hope you will come and stay with us again soon.

Many Thanks.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (523)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013

In August I treated myself to a pamper day in Leeds and chose the Park Plaza Hotel after being impressed with their website. As soon as I walked in, I was impressed with the lobby, bar and overall setting. The staff during check in and out were friendly and eager to help. My executive room was on the 19th floor and I was very happy with what I was greeted with. The room was spacious, clean and modern. All the furniture was comfortable, the view was lovely and the bathroom was modern; I was very happy. The room was equiped with a safe, mini fridge, dressing gowns, ironing equipment, air conditioning and tea making facilities; all of which exceeded my expectations. I purchased a movie to watch on the night (there was something to suit all genres) however my only criticism was that it was a little pricey and it was on a small television. Overall I had a fantastic experience, which I would recommend to anyone and I would definately stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Dear Louise10Pool,

It's great to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us!

Thank you for your comments regarding your room and our team, it is always great to hear thiskind of feedback.

I do hope you will consider us for any future visits to Leeds.

Many thanks for your review.
Yarm
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My fiance and I stayed at the Park Plaza in Leeds in May. This was my second stay and we were fortunate to have been upgraded to an executive room, which had a corner window with views over the city.

This time we enjoyed a meal at the hotel restaurant (Chino Latino), which was very good. We also recommend the cocktails.

As always all the staff were very helpful, allowing us to leave our bags until our train was due to depart allowing us to shop in the city unencumbered.

I'm looking forward to returning on my next business trip to Leeds!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Kirbie Yarm,

Thank you for your positive review of our Hotel!

It is great to hear that this time you were able to sample our Pan Asian restaurant, Chino Latino. We are really proud of our carefully selected menu, it really is something different to try in Leeds.

We look forward to your next visit.

Many thanks.
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013

A warm welcome, and somewhere to place our luggage as we were early. Great location, close to the railway station. Reception and bar staff friendly and helpfull. We had room 911, not a number one can forget. Corner of building with great light from the dual aspect windows. Loved the shower, once we worked it out!! Good hearty breakfast too. Our only negative, the sofa bed wasn't very comfy. Would return and recommend the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Malton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013

For our anniversary and my wife's 40th we wanted a quiet break away from the kids, so we booked a central location which was fantastic, the executive suite we booked was on the 10th floor and the view out were superb, the weather was brill so we left the curtains open all night without fear of anyone looking in. We could see planes coming in to land and the sunrise from our beds, which were incredibly comfy. The room was clean as were the other parts of the hotel we saw. The lift was extremely quick and never had to wait long for it. If there was a downside it would be the in room entertainment, the tv could do with updating, many other hotels offer bigger screens, and with TV's with freeview readily available more channels would be better than the few on offer. The Scene bar was also a bit pricy, prices should be better displayed as the two drinks I bought gave me a bit of a shock to say the least. Location of this hotel is excellent for anyone wanting to do some shopping as it is next door to the Trinity. We will certainly stay here again in the not too distant future.

Room Tip: Corner suites have a great view
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This was the second time we have stayed at Park Plaza - Leeds. On our first visit our rooms were upgraded on arrival - rooms were great, clean,well equipped and very comfortable. More recent visit we had the rooms we booked which were again really good. Clean, well equipped and very comfortable - really pleased with our stay. Perfect location, really good hotel, will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My organisation is based in Leeds and I have to be in Leeds quite often for business. The Park Plaza is my hotel of choice for many reasons, not least because its right across the road from the railway station, is smack bang in the middle of the city with plenty of choice in terms of shops and restaurants all within walking distance. The rooms are clean and the beds very comfortable, everyone in the hotel is pleasant and friendly and there is plenty of choice for breakfast (I have not had dinner in the hotel) If you are in the city for business or a short pleasure break, I would definitely recommend this hotel,

Room Tip: If you wnat a great view of the city ask for a room above the 6th floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business