“Its ok, nothing fancy!!!!”
Review of Park Plaza Leeds

Park Plaza Leeds
Ranked #39 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
leeds
“Its ok, nothing fancy!!!!”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed over at this hotel after going to a function there. The function its self was great, the food was good, room ok etc. The hotel room was very dark, not enough lighting in the bedroom, not good for ladies getting ready. The room was also very dusty, bits on the carpet, quite old fashioned really. The location is great, opposite the train station, no parking as such here, so train would be the best option. Its close to Trinity shopping centre, restaurants and bars.

Room Tip: Travel by train for this hotel, its so convenient.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Newtownabbey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Had been for a weekend visit to Leeds and ended up having to stay a few extra days unexpectedly, so booked this hotel through lastminute.com on the day I was staying. I only paid £55 room only through their 'secret hotels' deal - and honestly - I think that was a fair price. It is a 4* hotel but does not compare to the other 4 stars I have stayed in Leeds. The room was a little grubby - walls could do with a lick of paint to smarten them up, the carpet had chewing gum on, there are frosted glass doors on the wardrobe and bathroom - all of which had finger marks on, there was toothpaste on the bathroom tiles. All of these minor things wouldn't have bothered me on their own, but together they spoil the room. I didn't eat here so can't comment on that.

Would I stay here again, no. Can't understand why this place has 4 stars, realistically it's a 3* property. Leeds has so many other 4* hotels that are much superior and comparable in price. Had I paid full price for this hotel I would have been very annoyed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank barney
Knaresborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

We had a room booked here so that we could enjoy a few drinks and a meal with friends and not have to get a taxi home afterwards, something we frequently do. The morning of the stay one of our friends fell ill so the evening was rearranged. I called the hotel to amend the booking but because I booked it through lastminute.com they wouldn't deal with me directly. I called lastminute.com who spoke with the hotel regarding amending the booking to another date but, because I was trying to change the booking within 24 hours of my intended stay, they weren't prepared to entertain any amendments. Needless to say we won't be booking a Park Plaza hotel again, a £75 lesson in customer service for me and several hundreds of pounds a year trade lost for Park Plaza in Leeds.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank DocJules
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed on the 6th floor 16/11/13. First the small bad points. Lifts were VERY slow even though there were 3 of them, I saw many people give up waiting and walked up the stairs. When I went to the bar there were no bar staff, there were two groups in front of me waiting, when I went to the reception to ask if anyone was manning the bar there was no one there either. Then two barman turned up and stood chatting rather than serving. massive queue for the breakfast in the morning. Bath took ages to fill, no hot water in the basin and no soap dish to put used soap. On the positives, excellent location, room was large and clean, breakfast was good with lots of staff.
Parking was free and just a short walk away. Bath was very large and we had a good night's sleep. Would I stay here again....??? yes I think I would...but I deem £160 for one night a bit excessive, plus £8.95 for breakfast. I would rate this hotel somewhere between average and very good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Newcastle, UK
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Hotel is very close to train station in middle of Leeds which was great for me. Found the room to be quiet. I was on 12th floor in what I think was a standard room.

I feel some of the standards were high, but others a bit poor. Probably wouldn't stay again out of choice if I spent the weekend in Leeds but if my company booked me in here again I wouldn't be too concerned either.

Good seemed to be that on the whole the staff were usually polite and helpful. Negative for me was the mould in the bathroom which should be better maintained on a regular basis.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

we arriived too late for supper, so had peanuts from the mini bar. The room was really spacious and quiet, the air con has easy to adjust.
Room and bathroom immaculate, great night's sleep. Breakfast in the morning was great, all the staff were extremely helpful.
Furthermore we left some phone chargers and a phone in the room and they returned them, immediately. So I have nothing but praise!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank melbel_12
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I have stayed here before and can say that I was not dissapointed. My girlfriend loved the room, service and breakfast as did I and we paid considerable less than another hotel we stayed in at York that had no aircon,we had to share an Iron and the room was substantially smaller.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple