“Mums and daughters night away”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Park Plaza Leeds

Park Plaza Leeds
Ranked #36 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Mums and daughters night away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Myself and my friend booked this hotel as we wanted to take our daughters to Leeds to spend their Xmas money, the hotel was dead in the Center, and on arrival the staff on checking in was very polite and helpful. The rooms were perfect, mine had twin beds and a pull out settee bed, but still enough room to walk about when bed was extended, they were very clean, the restaurant for breakfast had a fantastic variety of choice, we all loved it. Definitely would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nataliek k
ParkPlazaOps, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Nataliek k,

It is great to hear that you and your daughter had an enjoyable stay with us. Our Hotel is ideally situated for shopping, just a stones throw away from the new Trinity shopping centre.

We do hope you will visit us when the need for some retail therapy strikes again!

Many thanks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (523)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stayed on my own for one night as I was working in Leeds for two days. The hotel was conveniently placed for the railway station. I had booked through a hotel booking site and got a really good price. I rang the night before arrival to check I was booked in but there was no record of it but staff said that there would be no problem as they had availablility. I went to check when I got off the train at 8am but they had not received my booking but was assured that it would be fine. After work around 6pm when I reached the hotel I checked in with no problem. Staff were most helpful, polite and friendly. I had a huge, modern room on the 16th floor with amazing views, great bathroom and very comfortable bed. Being on my own and in my late 60's, I ordered room service and although it took a couple of times to get a reply, service was promised within 30 minutes and they were true to their word. I received a telephone call to inform me that my meal was on its way and another later to check that everything was ok. The meal was delicious and I slept very well. I was reluctant to leave the next morning for work and missed breakfast as a result!! The room was generally clean but there was a contact lens container on the floor protruding from under the bed - hence the 4 stars. I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I did not choose but had a great room on the corner of the 16th floor with a double aspect giving fa...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Stephen B,

It is great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay despite the original issues with your third party booking.

Your comments regarding your meal will be passed on to the room service team who will be thrilled to hear such great feedback!

We look forward to your next stay.

Many thanks
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed a one night stay at the Leeds Park Plaza last week-end. The. Hotel is perfectly placed for a shopping w end, 2 minutes' walk from the station therefore very central yet wonderfully quiet ( we were on 12th floor!); we went to see a show at the Leeds arena, the staff called us a taxi which cost less than £5, on return we walked through town as the hotel is only a pleasant 15 minutes walk through town from the arena. The staff were extremely helpful, happy to advise us, guide us through a city map; they also happily kept our luggage on the Saturday until we were ready to collect n head to the station. The room itself was spacious, clean and well furnished and the bed very comfortable. The bathroom was attractive with a great shower. An extra bonus was the surprising stunning city view from the large window. All in all a treat of a hotel. Just wish we'd had the chance to sample the delights of 'Chino Latino' the alluring restaurant on the first floor!
Finally the fact that we got a pretty good deal via Hotwire's secret hotels was the cherry in the cake.

Room Tip: Can't comment on other rooms but 12th floor was blissfully peaceful and the views to the back, t...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Isabelle17_10,

Thank you for your positive review of Park Plaza Leeds!

It is just great to hear that everything was to your satisfaction.

I do hope you will try Chino Latino when you are next in the area. I guarantee you will not be disappointed!

Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Had another great stay at The Park Plaza. We often visit Leeds - this time bringing other family members with us who were also suitably impressed and would not consider staying at any other hotel. Not only is the hotel in a great location, the staff are very pleasant, helpful and professional. Yet again the room was clean and spacious with tremendous views over the city. Another enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Executive rooms have great views over the city.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear OAP93,

Thank you for your positive review of Park Plaza Leeds!

I'm so glad that as a regular customer you decided to invite other family members along who also found their stay to be an enjoyable one.

We look forward to your next visit!]

Many Thanks
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Nice and welcoming Hello at the reception desk, large room, very good size and comfortable bed, big bath perfect for relax, powerful shower.
What I would point out is that parts of the shower start falling apart and silver/metal parts looks quite corrosive.
Overall can't complain at all and strongly recommend with perfect location 1minute from the train station. Perfect for any occasion! ;)
Bar and restaurant facilities very good, quality of the food and drink good as well.

Room Tip: Higher floors better view and less noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Ewelina S,

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments regarding your shower are currently being addressed with our maintenance team.

I do hope you will consider us for future stays in Leeds.

Many Thanks
Calne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I do a lot of travelling for work and stay in a lot of hotels. I can honestly say that not only is the hotel itself really comfortable and in a great location (just opposite the station), the customer service I received was second to none. I'd had a stressful journey to get there, but when I arrived the staff couldn't have been nicer and the room I had was wonderful with fantastic views across the city. Room service was excellent too and the food was really tasty. I thoroughly recommend it!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
cleveland, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Always a lovely hotel to stay at: friendly staff, nothing too much trouble (even room service with a smile) and lovely modern rooms - could just have done with a dark blind at the window, as the lights from the new Trinity Shopping Centre shine into the room.

Could not have a better location.

Stayed in December 2013

Room Tip: Top floor rooms with panoramic view lovely
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends