“Nice View!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Nice View!”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed just for a night, but was in the 18th floor. It was a great view, loved it! Beds are really comfy. And the food price is not so high as well. A great location just by the station. And clean rooms as well. The staff are nice and helpful!

Room Tip: Try to get rooms at 18th or higher floor. You will get a great view!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
ParkPlazaOps, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear SMMhyder,

It is great to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us!

I will pass on your comments to the team who will be thrilled to hear such great feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Many thanks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Firstly, the reception didn't inform us about the check out times which proved inconvenient at the end of the weekend!

The hotel is clean, modern. Our room was massive as was the bathroom. There was a mini fridge! Don't touch it though because if you're like me you'll suddenly realise you've munched on 6 chocolate bars and have to pay for it...

Not the cheapest place in Leeds obviously but it was a lovely stay nonetheless.

Stayed September 2013
Dear rsks0,

It is great to hear that on the whole you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Your comments regarding information on check out will be addressed with the team.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed here on a Valentines deal with champagne. I would have given full 5 stars if not for a couple of things which be improved. On arrival to the hotel the foyer is nice and clean, staff welcoming and check in efficient. We stayed on the 17th floor. The hallways and room were beautiful, clean and modern, except for the CRT TV - which we didn't watch anyway but just felt out of place in the modern style. The champagne delivered to the room and served by the hotel staff within the room was a nice touch. The champagne was Prosecco however, which I don't personally see as being champagne at all, but was still drunk. The view overlooking the city square was amazing. We ate out at a different restaurant rather than the one within the hotel and glad me did. I will leave a review for Chino Lattino separately though as it will mar the review here slightly. Breakfast is server in Chino Lattino and is brilliant both with cooked and continental buffet had a wide choice and was good. The room, bed and bathroom were very nice - my only quibble would be softer pillows. Checkout was at 2pm which was perfect and the hotel staff checking out were polite, professional and friendly. I would definitely recommend staying here and would stay again.

Room Tip: 1706, 17 floors up and overlooks city square - recommended.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lord_Deggers
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Next to the station, next to the city centre, next to plenty of things to do. It's location is ideal. The double room I had was clean and tidy. It had all the basics. I was on the 18th floor. I could see Elland Road in the distance (there's not much they can do about that apparently). Food was decent although I had an English dish and room service. They didn't achieve the 30 minute delivery promise and the portion was small, and the mash potatoes were lumpy but it was hot and tasted good and freshly prepared. Service is friendly and helpful, the staff do mumble a lot and with the piped music it was difficult to hear what they were saying. I was starting to think I was going deaf. The breakfast was very good although being a buffet it was only warm by the time I got there at 8:00am. This is a good hotel and I'm nit picking with some of the issues here.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dunstable, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I booked my room at this hotel in Leeds via lastminute.com, and it was only when I arrived at the reception to check in, that I realised I had somehow managed to book a room for 2 weeks in the future - an odd mistake to make as the website is very clear, using the drop down calendar to pick your nights. Anyway, the reception staff told me they had a room available for this evening I had arrived, I would have to pay for it directly, and contact lastminute.com to cancel the later reservation and get the money back for the original booking. So, I checked in, paid, and went up to my room to make the call. Lastminute.com were very helpful, and tried to call the hotel Reservations department to have the booking cancelled, but alas they had finished for the day, and we were advised to call the Reservations team from 9am in the morning. Come 9am this morning, I again contacted Lastminute.com, who then placed me on hold and contacted the Reservations team. The answer they received back was that despite the fact that I had stayed there that night, they would NOT refund my booking for the originally (mistaken) evening, and that was the end of it. I called the Reservations team personally, and spoke to a rather rude person called Gareth whose customer service interaction was the poorest I've experienced with hotels. He again reiterated that it was Hotel policy not to make refunds on mistaken bookings, and the original booking would stand. I did explain that I had stayed that night before, and paid more money than the original booking, but he wasn't interested in any form of assistance and basically gave me the impression that it was "tough luck pal, we don't care".

On top of this, the room was grubby, the windows are welded shut so you can't get any air, and there wasn't even a tea/coffee making facility in the room. All in all, a terrible experience, and I shall not use Park Plaza hotels again. I would strongly advise you all to consider other hotels as this one wasn't fit for purpose.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel....
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank SWakeling900
Yorkshire
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the park plaza Feb and booked through late rooms. We checked in and went straight to our room. The room had new sheets on and fresh towels but the bins were full of used make up wipes and the toilet and bath were filthy. There was mould growing around the bath seals and the complimentary shampoos and lotions had encrusted substances on the outside. Clearly passed around for days and days. There was toilet paper down the toilet and hairs in the bath. The mini bar was turned off and was half filled with warm lager and melted chocolate bars. The pen to write notes was dirty and had some sort of food substance stuck to it. We called to let the staff know and were brought a new room key. We moved down the hall and to be fair the room was actually clean this time. Not pristine but acceptable. The mini bar had rust stains from the cans of lager and there was scrunched up receipts in the wardrobe. It seemed as though the maids had given up and lacked attention to detail! All of the frosted modern doors and wardrobes were all scratched and scuffed and it did not feel like a 4* modern boutique hotel. This may have been the case 5 years ago but it feels like everyone has given up on it and left it to deteriorate! The staff were friendly and did a good job on the front desk but would class this hotel as 3* rather than 4*! Lacks cleanliness and does no longer feel crisp modern and fresh! Needs a revamp and will not be staying again! Would not recommend!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank DogandGunKnayton
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here for the night wish we hadn't bothered its not worth what we was charged. The room was dirty and not up to my standard the glass wardrobe doors were thick of dust and had sticky hand prints all over them all the mirrors in the room and bathroom was smeared, there was one thin pillow for each of us and the bed was uncomfortable and creaked with every turn. The tv in the room was the old style big backed type which had a flickering poor quality picture and was unwatchable, there was tv and coffee facilities in the room but one tea bag and one sugar for both of us. Most of the staff on reception was frosty and miserable and told us we had to park 3 minutes walk away....that was NOT a 3 minute walk and an elderly person would struggle to do that whilst carrying luggage. We had breakfast in the morning which was just ok but the tables are far to close together. Overall not a great stay and I begrudged paying the bill the only positive was its good location but I won't be returning.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple