“Great Position , excellent room and facilities”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Park Plaza Leeds

Park Plaza Leeds
Ranked #35 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
England
“Great Position , excellent room and facilities”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Booked an over night stay as in city for concert. Perfect location near station and overlooking City Square, great room and facilities, bar and reception staff exceptional. We will be back to the best value in Leeds.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
ParkPlazaOps, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear Bowling-Greens,

Thank you for your great feedback of Park Plaza Leeds!

We do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (523)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
wakefield
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed here Feb 8th 2014, for one night, bed and breakfast, this hotel is ideal location for all amenties in Leeds, everything is on your doorstep, we received a warm welcome, the check in being quick and informatative, the hotel is clean, and decorated to the standard of a 5 star hotel, the corridors are clean and tidy, the standard rooms are impressive with everything you need, the view is superb, the temperature of the room easy to control, the beds are very comfy everything smelling clean and fresh, we had both a shower and bath, good quality toiletries provided, on going down for breakfast the next morning we was seated down straight away , you get certain things cooked to order, we will be revisiting this hotel again, as there is no reason to think of going anywhere else, the park plaza is an excellent location, excellent value for money, everything you need.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear engle_67,

What great feedback! This will be passed on to our team who will be thrilled to hear your comments!

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, it always provides a real boost for morale.

We look forward to your next visit.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

It was the most horrible experience I had. My boyfriend booked there as part of a birthday surprise, with his credit card online. I arrived there earlier around 5pm and receptionist said I couldn't check in unless I paid it in full. Despite I tried to explain my boyfriend would be here soon and he could sort it then. The receptionist said no. Then I paid. My boyfriend arrived and very disappointed about this as bless him he wants to give me a perfect birthday. The receptionist said she will charge his card and refund mine when we checked out. We did it. And guess what a week later when we checked our bank statement we were surprised we were charged twice. There was no refund on my card. We phoned up the hotel and asked why. The woman on duty was so rude but after ten minutes checking her system and realised she was wrong she was suddenly so apologetic. Amateur! We discussed on the phone she agreed everything we said and we said please send us an email with the invoice. She said ok and guess what we got an email and the email said phone them again! Waste of our time and a bunch of unprofessional useless amateurs.
Another thing that ruined my big day was when I woke up in the morning around 10 am in my bathrobe I heard someone knocking. Ajar a room service guy stood outside. Feeling uncomfortable in my bathrobe in front of a stranger I told him we were checking out in an hour. My man was in the shower at that time. He kept asking me whether I have used anything I the fridge and whether he could check. I said no but please come back after we check out.he still kept asking and I told him to leave. What?!

I have never come across such bunch of useless people who had no clue what they were doing. I would never set my foot in that hotel again. Leeds has a lot other choices..

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank jetjetter
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed on a Saturday evening having booked well in advance for a good rate... For the money it is hard to beat for location. Reception staff very polite and booked into room early. Had no issues with noise . Room clean however the room was starting to show signs of wear although it did not effect our stay. Would stay again as we have in the past.For some strange reason the TV came on in the middle of the night and when raised the matter with staff they stated they were having reloading issues with the TVs. (So be prepared for a bright awakening in the middle of the night)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear sandj89,

It is great to see that on the whole your stay was an enjoyable one.

The TV reloading issues are now resolved. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for your review.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My sister, daughter and I stayed at this hotel for one night in order to visit the university. The room was a great size had comfortable beds and accomodated the three of us easily. The bathroom was clean had a bath and a shower and was well stocked with shower gels, shampoo etc. Hotel was in a great position close to the shops and restaurants. Staff were very helpful and keen to please. This is the second time I have stayed in this hotel and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Gillian T,

It is great to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us as a returning guest!

We do hope you will be back with us again soon.

Many thanks for your review.
Gillingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I had to go to Leeds on a business trip and stayed one night at the Park Plaza. The room was lovely with a great view all over Leeds. The temperature was easy to control and the TV was easy to operate. I would suggest that a better class of coffee could be provided other than Nescafe granules as you get Twinnings if you want tea.

I had a lovely Thai curry in the restaurant. Service and food was excellent although I did find it a bit dark in their - a bit more illumination would be helpful.

Breakfast was good especially the scrambled eggs.

The staff in the restaurant and on reception were very friendly and helpful.

I would definitely stay there again and being situated so close to the railways station was very useful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Theresa H,

It is great to read that on the whole you had a great stay with us!

Your feedback will also help us in improving our services in the future so many thanks for your comments.

I do hope you will be back to stay with us again soon.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times when visiting Leeds & it's never failed to impress! The rooms are practical & comfortable, also the hotel is in a very convenient place & easy to find. Would definitely return!

• Stayed February 2014
Dear danielleazaria,

It is great to read your comments on Park Plaza Leeds!

We look forward to your next visit.

Thank you for your review.