“shopping and train station on your doorstep”
Review of Park Plaza Leeds

Park Plaza Leeds
Ranked #38 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
bridlington
“shopping and train station on your doorstep”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

On a shopping and theatre weekend with my daughter, staff efficient from arrival, kept our bags til check in, our room was on the 18th floor, spotlessly clean and comfortable beds.
A card in the room warned that breakfast could be very busy at certain times, so we went down to the restaurant with trepidation at 10.15, but were very pleasantly surprised, we were shown to a good table in the window, offered different eggs if we didn't want scrambled(I had fried -very good) and the rest f the cooked buffet breakfast was hotband well cooked. Staff couldn't do enough for you.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Leeds

Room Tip: Great view from higher floors
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank rosebudBridlington
ParkPlazaOps, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear rosebudBridlington,

It is fantastic to read your comments about your stay and the service you received. I will pass on your praise to the team who will be thrilled to hear such great feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Many thanks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Port d'Andratx, Spain
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We found this on offer on a last minute web site and for £55 for a double room without breakfast, it was good value. It was difficult to find initially driving past as the hotel signs are not that conspicuous. There is parking nearby but I guess most will be arriving by train as it is so close to the station. Our 17th floor room was spacious, clean and light. And the bathroom modern with large bath and shower overhead. We had some problems also finding the room as the corridor lighting was very dim. The room had a mini bar (not used) and also very welcome coffee and tea making facilities. The staff seemed very helpful.

1 Thank Dick S
Dear dicks,

Thank you for your positive feedback of the hotel, it is great to see that you had an enjoyable stay.

Your comments regarding dim lighting have been addressed with our maintenance team.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the Hotel soon.
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stay at the Park Plaza every fortnight as I'm often in Leeds on business. I find myself returning time after time, having tried many of the other hotels on offer in central Leeds. The reason I keep coming back to the Plaza is:

1) proximity to the station and surrounding area
2) consistency in service levels (very high)
3) excellent facilities in room (faultless wifi access)
4) great restaurant - Chino Latino is one of my favourite bars in Leeds
5) always very clean

Room Tip: The higher you go, the better the views!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Rax L

It is great to hear from a regular resident that you always find the Hotel and services levels to be consistently excellent. This will be passed on to the team who will be thrilled with such great feedback.

I am sure we will be welcoming you back again very soon.

Many thanks
England
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Booked an over night stay as in city for concert. Perfect location near station and overlooking City Square, great room and facilities, bar and reception staff exceptional. We will be back to the best value in Leeds.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Bowling-Greens,

Thank you for your great feedback of Park Plaza Leeds!

We do hope we can welcome you back again soon.
wakefield
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed here Feb 8th 2014, for one night, bed and breakfast, this hotel is ideal location for all amenties in Leeds, everything is on your doorstep, we received a warm welcome, the check in being quick and informatative, the hotel is clean, and decorated to the standard of a 5 star hotel, the corridors are clean and tidy, the standard rooms are impressive with everything you need, the view is superb, the temperature of the room easy to control, the beds are very comfy everything smelling clean and fresh, we had both a shower and bath, good quality toiletries provided, on going down for breakfast the next morning we was seated down straight away , you get certain things cooked to order, we will be revisiting this hotel again, as there is no reason to think of going anywhere else, the park plaza is an excellent location, excellent value for money, everything you need.

Dear engle_67,

What great feedback! This will be passed on to our team who will be thrilled to hear your comments!

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, it always provides a real boost for morale.

We look forward to your next visit.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

It was the most horrible experience I had. My boyfriend booked there as part of a birthday surprise, with his credit card online. I arrived there earlier around 5pm and receptionist said I couldn't check in unless I paid it in full. Despite I tried to explain my boyfriend would be here soon and he could sort it then. The receptionist said no. Then I paid. My boyfriend arrived and very disappointed about this as bless him he wants to give me a perfect birthday. The receptionist said she will charge his card and refund mine when we checked out. We did it. And guess what a week later when we checked our bank statement we were surprised we were charged twice. There was no refund on my card. We phoned up the hotel and asked why. The woman on duty was so rude but after ten minutes checking her system and realised she was wrong she was suddenly so apologetic. Amateur! We discussed on the phone she agreed everything we said and we said please send us an email with the invoice. She said ok and guess what we got an email and the email said phone them again! Waste of our time and a bunch of unprofessional useless amateurs.
Another thing that ruined my big day was when I woke up in the morning around 10 am in my bathrobe I heard someone knocking. Ajar a room service guy stood outside. Feeling uncomfortable in my bathrobe in front of a stranger I told him we were checking out in an hour. My man was in the shower at that time. He kept asking me whether I have used anything I the fridge and whether he could check. I said no but please come back after we check out.he still kept asking and I told him to leave. What?!

I have never come across such bunch of useless people who had no clue what they were doing. I would never set my foot in that hotel again. Leeds has a lot other choices..

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank jetjetter
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed on a Saturday evening having booked well in advance for a good rate... For the money it is hard to beat for location. Reception staff very polite and booked into room early. Had no issues with noise . Room clean however the room was starting to show signs of wear although it did not effect our stay. Would stay again as we have in the past.For some strange reason the TV came on in the middle of the night and when raised the matter with staff they stated they were having reloading issues with the TVs. (So be prepared for a bright awakening in the middle of the night)

Dear sandj89,

It is great to see that on the whole your stay was an enjoyable one.

The TV reloading issues are now resolved. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for your review.