“Good lacation lots to do around”
Review of Park Plaza Leeds

Park Plaza Leeds
Ranked #40 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed on a Sunday night unfortunately the restaurant (winner of the Asian restaurant in Leeds for several years as it says in the lift) was closed on Sunday. I had a burger in the bar which was nice but I have never had cold onion rings before. Room was quiet (despite being in the busiest part of Leeds) but the bed was average.

Room Tip: go high no noise
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
ParkPlazaOps, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear Martin G,

Thank you for taking the time to review Park PLaza Leeds. It is great to see that on the whole you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Unfortunately, Chino Latino is closed on Sundays but we are open on Easter Sunday with a special Easter menu set at £25 per person so if you are around the area it would be great for you to drop in and sample some of our dishes!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

The hotel is perfectly situated just a few minutes walk from the rail station. Whether you're walking the city centre area or going further afield, public transport is never far away. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful and nothing is too much trouble. The bar, located a street level is great for people-watching !

Room Tip: Higher level rooms give nice views of the city.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Heidjin,

You are right about our location, it is perfect for business or leisure!

It is great to see that you found our facilities and our team to be spot on!

Thank you for providing us with your comments.

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Great location, great staff, smooth breakfast service, spacious bedrooms, good water pressure. But, but, but still rooms have box TVs! I left a review in Feb. 13 about this and got the usual spiel about refurbishment. Failed! Different hotel next time!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank spen65

Dear spen65,

It seems from your comments that you found everything about our Hotel spot on, so it is confusing and such a shame to see that you will not be staying with us again simply because of our televisions. We are indeed in the process of upgrading our televisions, 1/3 of the hotel bedrooms already have flat screens with the rest due to follow on.

Thank you for reviewing Park Plaza Leeds.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We were are party of 20 girls, in Leeds for a hen weekend. The room were a good size, clean and nice decor. We ate in the restaurants for breakfast. The guy on reception told us if we did not book breakfast early the cost would £15. We did not book early and when we went down in the morning for breakfast the cost was only £7.50. Good selection, well worth the money. Would we stay here again, yes we would.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear NSBruce,

It is so great to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us!

I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Nice views of the city and good quality rooms for the price - or at least, the price I got it for on laterooms! Very well located, right near the station. A decent enough bar and breakfast. A little soulless in its size.

My main complaint is they could do a better job of cleaning the rooms. There was a sausage and some other bits of food under the bed last time I stayed there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear R B,

It is great to see that on the whole, you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Your comments regarding cleanliness will be picked up with the housekeeping team as this is certainly not the standard that Park Plaza Leeds expects for our guests.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

The last time I stayed here it was over night, on business and I stayed in a superior double. I loved it. This time I was there for the weekend on a stag do and I was in a twin room. I have to admit I was worried what the room would be like. There was no need. The room was massive (bigger than a superior double), clean with lots of fresh towels and the cleaners came in daily to tidy up and make the beds (just how it should be when staying in a hotel). The staff was nice and friendly and just like before we had amazing views over the city.
The only thing I can criticise is the dated tvs. They seriously need modernising but that's it. This is my favourite hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Luke G,

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that Park Plaza Leeds is your favourite hotel!

We strive to exceed our guest's expectations through service and it is brilliant to see that you found our team and our facilities to be spot on.

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Once I checked out, I remembered that I'd left my Google Nexus on the bedside table. I called the hotel and they said that it wasn't there, I spoke to the housekeeping manager and explained that unless the device managed to sprout legs and walk out of the room, then it was taken. I was told that they searched the bag and trolly of the housekeeper. If that's the policy, the housekeeper would know, all they would need to do is hide the stolen property somewhere else or with someone else. People leave things behind in hotel rooms all the time, so reliable staff is a must. When I explained to management that there was no other explanation other than one of their staff took it, they didn't care in the slightest.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank charlene b

Dear charlene b,

I have messaged you via Trip Advisor to try and gain some information about the details and date of your stay so that we may investigate this review further.

I look forward to hearing from you.