“Nice hotel, friendly staff, good location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Park Plaza Leeds
Ranked #34 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel, friendly staff, good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Our first trip to Leeds we stayed at the Park Plaza. It was very comfortable and we really enjoyed. When we arrived we had to wait a little while in line to check in. Room was very comfortable, king size bed, large wardrobes, big TV, comfortable bathroom.

Staff were very polite. Breakfast was very nice, a good selection of hot and cold items. Hot included excellent hash browns, mushrooms, bacon, sausage, eggs, tomato. Cold included fruit, smoked salmon, cold meat, cereal, pastries. Nice juice and tea/coffee. Had to wait a short while to be seated at breakfast each morning.

The hotel has a great location, 2 mins walk from the station and right on the edge of the centre of Leeds. Bars, pubs, restaurants, shopping, Kirkgate market. Everything was in walking distance and we really enjoyed the proximity of the hotel to everything. The only activity we did out of town was to check out Kirkstall Abbey, the remains of a monastery from the 1100's. I highly recommend it. Took a bus (757 or 33 I think) and in 15 mins we were right outside.

Recommended and I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on floor 19 on the city square side and we had a lovely view
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ParkPlazaOps, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Points W,

It really is great to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us at Park Plaza Leeds!

I will pass your comments about breakfast on to the team. It always provides a real boost to morale.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the Hotel soon.

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stay in Leeds 3 nights a week and seem to be doing a tour of some hotels in the city:for somewhere as close as the station as this, I wasn't expecting much and I've been pleasantly surprised.

The staff seem to be friendly, the food is tolerable and the noise from outside is minimised by very good and effective double glazing.

Decor looks to be a bit modernist as in "modernist in the 80s" - the lift from the lobby arrives in somewhere that's dark enough that it calls to mind the Alien movies.

Room Tip: As high as possible.
Green Features: I'm afraid I haven't the first clue about the hotels environmentally-friendly practices!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear john_christiansen,

It is great to see that on the whole you had a pleasant stay with us!

I do hope we can welcome you back to the Hotel in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
Carlisle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Nice location and modern environment. Only negative was the bathroom wasn't clean. Few "curly" hairs about and the toilet was dirty. i came in by train. this hotel is located 100 yards from the station (mainly undercover) which meant even though the Yorkshire weather did its best to ruin my hair (i am bald) i kept completely dry.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels

ParkPlazaOps, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Richard W,

It is great to see that on the whole you had a pleasant stay with us. I will address your comments regarding the cleanliness of your bathroom with the housekeeping team. I am sorry if we fell short of our usual excellent standards on this occasion.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the Hotel in the future.

Many thanks.
dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was staying at this hotel on a stags weekend. Its expensive but central to all amenities. Staff are polite and courteous. Rooms are basic but clean. Make sure you can adjust the air con. It was really hot and we couldn't sleep because we couldn't adjust the Air con. Or should I say we followed the instructions on the Air Con but it didn't reduce the Temp. Great location of you like shopping districts.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Mark W,

It is good to see that on the whole you had a pleasant stay with us. I am sorry about the issue with the air conditioning in your room. Our engineering team perform regular checks on the systems but I will certainly pick this up as an issue to be addressed.

I do hope you will stay with us at Park Plaza Leeds in the future.

Many thanks.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

The hotel was in a great spot - that is the positive. The rooms were not cleaned properly and the breakfast was the worst I have ever had. I felt sorry for the limited staff that had to cope with it. They lacked proper facilities i.e hotplates. the break fast was cold and congealed. the charged me an extra £10 per night as the child I had was 15 - he only ate cornflakes but the first day the milk was turning and I complained. On reflection I should have gone to BHS for breakfast (they were next door) or M&S they charged 6.75. I would not recommend this hotel. They had a mini bar fridge that had 1/4" of dust on the top of it and not much in it they had Carling Larger at £4.00 per can!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Dear Z5857CCsueh,

I am sorry for the issues you encountered during your stay. Cleanliness issues will be addressed with the housekeeping team as this is not the standard we expect at Park Plaza Leeds.
A 15 year old would be classed as an adult in terms of breakfast charges and of course would have been welcome to help themself to as much of the Continental, hot and beverage buffet as they would like. We have never had an issue of off milk on our breakfast buffet so please allow me to apologise and rest assured that this is being investigated as out of date products never make it in front of the guest.
We have recently purchased brand new hot plates and these would have been present during the date of your stay with us. Staffing levels are constantly addressed according to the amount of guests staying with us but of course at peak times the restaurant can become very busy. I am sorry if you felt that this impacted service.

I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention as without this valuable feedback we would be unable to constantly alter and improve our working methods.
Glasgow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for an overnight stopover in Leeds.
The girl at reception was about as welcoming as a prison door. The room was ok. Decor is simple, nothing exciting. The bathroom could have done with an extra clean. Nice shower products and touches like a robe (for 3) and a capsule coffee machine. Just surprising how this place got 4 stars.

Stayed August 2014
Dear afabvre,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I will address your comments about your bathroom with the housekeeping team. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I do hope you would consider us for any future stays in Leeds.
Pulborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Executive rooms great view but charge for the minibar without telling you!!!Parking hopeless and chargeable even though you're outside!! However, very convenient for all city amenities. This review apparently has to have a minimum of 200 characters!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business