“Four * Hotel????”

Peasehill House Hotel
Ranked #52 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Whilst the Hotel claims to be a four* rating I have based my review on a budget time of accommodation to reflect its pricing & be more realistic. The double room I had was the smallest I have ever seen with less than 1ft from the base of the bed & one side to the walls. This would clearly be an issue to the larger person. The en-suite door could not be opened if you wanted to access the wardrobe. No hairdryer,no trouser press. I thought that being a private family run hotel there would be attention detail. The en-suite was small with no extractor fan working, which probably accounted for the mould & spiders webs around the bathroom light fitting. Mould was also evident behind the curtains around windows. Breakfast was OK but no toast or preserves available & no waitress to ask as she disappeared after bringing the food. On a positive note Staff were friendly when you found them as they were very few & probably had other jobs in the Hotel. Maximum staff seen on the visit including in the kitchen only three!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Peasehill House Hotel

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed here as a family with our dog for one night on a recent trip to leeds. The staff were very helpful and welcoming, and our dinner was excellent. The room was big enough for our needs, but not huge. We would definitely recommend it to anybody and would happily stay there again. It was also very good value.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Ive stayed here before (before it was completely renovated) and it is a distinct improvement on what it used to be like BUT during our stay here in May- in room 1 (I think). The carpet had a dirty brown mark on it in the middle of the floor, there were womens hair clips strewn all over the sofa. I opened the curtain and there was an empty paracetamol container on the windowsill.

Moving on to open the wardrobe there was a dirty bare duvet crammed into the bottom of the wardrobe, I moved this onto the carpet using my foot (didnt want to touch it) and then underneath the duvet discovered a discoloured (ie horribly dirty) pillowcase with pillow inside it. No idea what the heck had happened in this room before I checked in (assuming they actually changed the sheets, god I hope so). The bathroom had a massive bubble in the paintwork due to damp I assume, and huge spider web in the corner!

Due to me knowing all the surrounding hotels were full. I bit my lip and stayed here then checked out the next day. I intend to write to the hotel to inform them about this next.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We found this hotel on the internet, where the criteria was that it was close to Leeds Airport so that we could fly out early one morning.

The place is rather quaint - not a lot of rooms and a pretty steep old staircase to get up, but our room was large and clean, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean and there was plenty of hot water for a shower. What more could one ask for?

Breakfast was included in the room rate - and they were accommodating of what we needed.
(Leeds airport, by the way, is rather grotty.)

Room Tip: Phone them and ask for what you need when booking.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank quickly86
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Due to unfortunate family circumstances, i had to recently travel back to the UK alone!
My cousin gave me the number of this Hotel and said it was quaint / had a few rooms to offer / reasonably priced and in all a nice place for me to stay!! That was .., an understatement!!
Mathew (owner and manager) and all his staff.., and the comfort and exquisit a la carte menu on offer.., could give Gordan Ramsay a run for his money!!
And this is why..,
The rooms are clean .., to a classic decor, comfortable and aired!
The Hotel is not only quaint .., yet secured and clean and comfortable!
The food.., well.., yet again clean.., well presented / cooked to your own personal requirements and tasty!! Would like to highly recommend the "Cressington Duck.., with pink peppercorn sauce" as part of your evening meal!! Delicious!!
5* class to The Peasehill house Hotel!!!

My own added personal story to this.. is.., on my arrival.., to sunny Leeds (LOL) .., i had forgotten my european to uk phne charger and of course umberella.., both of which when i enquired where to buy one from to the manager Mathew.., came in hand with them both.., for me to borrow .., of course!!
He and his staff .., bent over backwards to accommodate my travel needs.., as in where / what times of trains buses etc / ordering me taxis as when needed etc etc!

I was there souley to attend my Great Aunts Funeral.., stayed 2 nights.., and .., i cudnt have asked for a better place or people running The Peasehill House Hotel.., for more!!!

Thank you so much.., i and many more of my friends and family will look forward to staying there again.., but next time not in such sad circumstances hopefully!!

Melissa

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Stayed one night in August this year, to attend a birthday party. Room very clean and comfortable. Good night's sleep. Ideal for a solo visitor.

Breakfast freshly cooked, good selection served in a pleasant room. Staff helpful. Parking facilities at the hotel.

Good value for money would stay again if I was visiting the area

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed one night at the Peasehill hotel whilst visiting friends. Friendly staff, lovely breakfast and nice room. Only grumble was slightly leaking tap and the shower was pretty useless but overall a good hotel which I would recommend to others.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leeds
Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport
Mercure Leeds Parkway
Mercure Leeds Parkway
#50 of 87 in Leeds
Hollins Hall Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Peasehill House Hotel? Share your experiences!