“Room for improvement” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
London
“Room for improvement”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

As a regular user of this chain, I was disappointed by this overnight stay. A long queue at check in studiously ignored by the various members of staff and management walking past. The phone in my room which wasn't working - which was reported without being rectified. Paper thin bedroom walls meant my much needed sleep was interrupted for what seemed like hours by enthusiastic passionate screaming and related very loud female vocal noises from the next door room. However the room was spotlessly clean and the breakfast was substantial and sustaining.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank johnharveys
georgina w, Manager at Jurys Inn Leeds, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear johnharveys,

Firstly may I take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Jurys Inn on your recent visit to Leeds.

I have read through your review and am very sorry you had to wait in a que at reception, this is certainly not to the usual standard we strive to achieve.

If you would like to contact me to discuss this further then please do so on georgina_wylie@jurysinns.com.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

My companies Christmas get together was in Leeds city centre so I stayed here for one friday night. Walked from and back to the railway station in about 8 to 10 minutes. Rooms were nice and clean though looked and felt a bit clinical, good value I though, breakfast was alright, plenty of choice. It took me about 15 minutes to walk to the centre of town. I would certainly opt to stay here again

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank John H
georgina w, Manager at Jurys Inn Leeds, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
John H,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I am pleased to see you enjoyed the Hotel and look forward to being able to welcome you back again in the future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

We went to Leeds to visit family and stayed here for one night. The price and the value were very good. We had a large room with a double bed and a single bed. The only thing with this hotel is that there is no car park but we parked our car in the Brewery Wharf car park just around the corner. Our family joined us for breakfast which was very good. We will definitely be staying at the Jurys Inn Leeds on future visits.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank teresa42
Dear teresa 42,

Thank you for choosing Jurys Inn on your recent visit to Leeds and fyour your review.

I am happy to see you had an enjoyable stay and I hope we will be able to welcome you back again in the future.

Salisbury
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

So if I tell you that this is my second night here, and I have the thermostat at 26 and the hairdryer on to warm the room up then you will get the picture. Added to that I am wearing my outdoor coat. I left the heating on (the receptionist recognising this was a systematic problem gave me an extra card to allow this). I came back from dinner and the heating had turned itself off and the room was once again freezing. No robe provided so I can't relax unless I go under the covers or remain in an outdoor coat.
Breakfast was OK but everything, including table allocation, coffee, tea, toast, is all self service.
Staff are very nice and helpful. Best bit about the hotel

Room Tip: Ask for a room where the heating works
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Anna J
georgina w, Manager at Jurys Inn Leeds, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Dear Anna J,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am very disappointed to see you did not have an entirely enjoyable stay with us and would very much like to discuss this further with you.

Please could you contact me on georgina_wylie@jurysinns.com.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Worthing, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Great value straight foreword hotel nice bar good breakfast. Best of all it is right in the centre of the Leeds docklands where there are some spectacularly good restaurants. Parking is a bit of a pain at the moment the gate from the hotel to the car park is not currently in use so it would be a very wet walk if it was raining. Apart from that usual jury's inn pay for wifi. Comfortable and reliable good for the money. No Pool or spa but there is a gym.

1 Thank fatboygto
Dear fatboygto,

Thank you for taking some time to give your feedback following your visit to Jurys Inn Leeds.

I have read through your review and am pleased you had an enjoyable experience. I do hope we will be able to welcome you back again in the future.

Albacete, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

We arrived at midday on a saturday and asked if a room was available and were lucky enough to check in early, reception staff very friendly, on arrival to the room which was very clean and have everything you expect, we just dropped cases then went to meet friends at the bar. Bar prices as like every other hotel over priced.

Hotel 5 min walk from the corn exchange and 10 mins from the trinity, so not a bad location.

Given the hotel was busy we had good nights sleep with very little noise from other guest being heard.

Overall the hotel is as detailed on the Internet and would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear dbmarton,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I am pleased to see you had an enjoyable stay and hope we will be able to welcome you back again in the future.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Bristol
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

I was using the hotel wifi and my security software alerted me to an unsolicited scan of my laptop. I then was warned that my MAC address was being spoofed.
The wifi was unencrypted. Business users beware!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
georgina w, Manager at Jurys Inn Leeds, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear SadRoamer,

Thank you for your recent review following your stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I have noted your issues with the wifi and have contacted our IT department to look into this. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you should wish to contact me please do so on georgina_wylie@jurysinns.com.