“Nice hotel in a great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jurys Inn Leeds

Jurys Inn Leeds
Ranked #17 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Muscat, Masqat, Oman
“Nice hotel in a great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stayed in Jurys Inn Leeds for about 5 days in September end to Oct beginning in 2013 and sorry for not been able to write a review so far!! I must say that the stay was pleasant and enjoyable. Hotel is nicely located. It was clean and check-in was easy. Rooms are not too small and quite clean too. Bed was comfortable and had nice sleep throughout my stay. Staffs were good and accommodative. Gym was good enough for me to have few minutes of aerobics everyday. The internet is not complementary. The morning complementary buffet breakfast was nice and menu was adequate. The view of the Leeds canal from my room was just awesome. Quite a few shopping centres, restaurants and bars are there. Most of the attractions of Leeds are also close by. Overall : recommended.

Room Tip: Try to take to rooms having view of the canal side, its pleasant.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
georgina w, Manager at Jurys Inn Leeds, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear IndiOM,

Thank you for your review from your stay in September.

I am pleased to see you enjoyed our Hotel, the facilities we provide and the location. I do hope we will be able to welcome you back again in the future.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed one night mid jan.
Set in lovely part of Leeds near canal area easy walking distance from train station and into centre.
Very welcoming staff, hotel is beautifully decorated, rooms spacious spotlessly clean.
Had great view over city centre.
Bed v comfortable, room had iron and ironing board, hairdryer, spacious bathroom.
Breakfast excellent loads of choice set in elegant dining room.
Nice looking bar area.
Some nice bars restaurants nearby had a drink in Adelphi lovely old pub.
Will definately come back here

Room Tip: Get room back hotel v quiet and viws over city centre
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
georgina w, Manager at Jurys Inn Leeds, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Michael R,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I am pleased to see you had an enjoyable stay and hope we will be able to welcome you back again in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed here for the weekend for my 30th birthday with a large group of friends. We got a very good deal for two nights and due to the description of the hotel, which said it was basic, we were very pleasantly surprised with how stylish the hotel reception was. It was very warm and welcoming and the decor was lovely and modern and completely spotless and the bar was lovely too.

We arrived a couple of hours early and the staff on reception were great letting us check in to one of our rooms so we could leave the bags and go and explore leeds.

When we finally checked into to all of our rooms, which we had booked as rooms for 3, they were spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated, again much more than we had all been expecting. The only tiny gripe we had was that the rooms were a bit on the small side for 3 adults but we weren't planning on spending much time there anyway.

The hotel is in a fantastic location. A short walk to call lane and a short taxi ride into leeds main centre which was brilliant for us. The hotel staff were very helpful arranging taxis for us too.

Apparently this hotel places large parties ie. Stags, hens and birthdays etc on the 1st and 2nd floor where we stayed. On the saturday night our next door neighbours (not part of our party) were actually thrown out of the hotel for unacceptable noise and behaviour so if you want to avoid the loud noise I would say to ask for a higher floor.

Beware that the key cards deactivate quite often...the amount of times we had to go up and down to reception to get them sorted was daft.

All in all a fantastic stay at Jurys. Will definitely recommend it and stay again.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Angela B,

Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Jurys Inn on your recent visit to Leeds.

I have read through all your feedback and am pleased to see you had an enjoyable stay, I do apologise if the guests beside you disturbed this is any way, I understand this was addressed pretty quickly by our night team.

Once again, thank you for all you feedback this is very important to us.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

The staff here were very friendly and courteous. Both the evening meal and breakfast were very nice and made to feel very comfortable and welcome. The rooms were simple but pleasant. Our air conditioning was broken, which made it a little uncomfortable since it was winter and we were being blasted with cold air, but this is very likely a one-off. All in all, very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
georgina w, Manager at Jurys Inn Leeds, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear Tamara L,

Thank you for your review following the recent visit to Jurys Inn Leeds.

I am pleased to see you had an enjoyable stay but am sorry that the heating was not working properly in your room. Please could you let me know which room this was and I will check to make sure this has been rectified. My email address is georgina_wylie@jurysinns.com.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Fife, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Very friendly staff, food was excellent and menu varied, breakfast was superb and catered for all, travelled with large group and everyone was impressed and no complaints. Will def return to Jurys ideal location, rooms were excellent

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
georgina w, Manager at Jurys Inn Leeds, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear N9012KYtraveller,

Thank you for your recent review following you stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

We are very happy to see you had an enjoyable experience and look forward to being able to welcome you back again in the future.

Manchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

After getting lost in the labyrinth of the Leeds Loop road system, thankfully avoiding bus lanes on my second trip to this gem of Yorkshire, I arrived at Jury's Inn. Parking was very frustrating to say the least, I had to use NPC type car park around the corner (misleadingly named 'the brewery', I was not offered a beer). I bought a 6+ hour ticket which didn't carry over to the next day, which meant I would have to return to the car at 6am to buy another ticket, the very thought of that gave me a pain in my gonads.

After checking in me and my cronies headed to our rooms. First impressions were good, beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean. A quick itinerary of the room did turn up some sore points including the lack of shortbread with the tea making facilities and the absence of a sewing kit (a real disapointment for a hotel sewing kit collector and enthuiast).

The scene was set for a big night out in leeds, I'd thrown on my finest cotton polo shirt and my lucky pants. We had noted when booking that the rooms were soundproofed so brought up a 'hi-fi' system to accompany the 'pre-lash'. Much to our disapointment we were disturbed by a member of staff mid way through leaning back to the iconic 'what's love - fat joe ft. ashanti', being asked to keep the noise down. When I asked why he simply replied 'got to do, got to do it', a response that lacked real reason.

After getting our crunk on in the room we headed to Mook which looked to be a real cracker of a bar. Unfortunately one of the team was denied entry to this mythical kingdom and so we proceeded to revolution, what a downer. The night progressed and many tequilas were consumed and come 4am arriving back at the hotel the whole group looked forward to a good nights sleep. We all promptly got our heads down and drifted off on the medium sprung comfy bed with Tog 9.5 duvet.

I awoke to a ringing, it was the hotel room phone, I thought this very parculiar. I scrambled across the bed and picked up the handset. 'Hello sir, this is reception' A man said in a thick foreign accent. He proceeded 'We have a note on your room that you requested the score for the Liverpool Aston Villa soccer match today sir'. Completely bemused I slapped myself have to check I wasn't dreaming.. 'The score was 2-2 sir, scorers including Daniel Sturridge and Steven Gerrard for Liverpool, Thank you and goodnight'. I pressed the light on my trendy G-Shock, it was 4.45am!! What were reception thinking, being an Everton fan I definately not requested this score and certainly didn't want to hear it at quarter to five in the early hours. I guess it may have been helpful at 6am to remind me to get up to buy that damn parking ticket!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sam T
Dear Sam T,

Thank you for your recent review following your stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I have read through your feedback and am keen to discuss this with you further, please could you provide me with a contact telephone number by email on georgina_wylie@jurysinns.com.

Once again, thank you for your feedback, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kingswinford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

stayed here with my my grandson for one night, he had an appointment with leeds uni, the location was spot on, we left the car on the car park and and walked to college of music about 20 minutes
i personally found no fault with with this hotel, if i were to nit pick any thing it would be the heating i turned the heating up to my comfy zone , but because its air con to it was blowing a gail in the end i switched it off.
My big gripe is car parking Jurys do not have one, but there is large one opposite £6-00 a day 6am to 12pm basically you pay by the hour , so a 2 day stay cost £12 on your 1st visit, m/c takes £1 coins only credit card/debit or pay on line, the m/c is not cover or lit up, when i went, it pouring with rain, dark, not enough £1coins, the faffing about keying c/card Nos it the machine, makes the day:(

Dear wonderingstar75,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I have read through your feedback and am pleased to see in the most part you had an enjoyable stay.
Regarding the heating in your room, please could ou contact me on georgina_wylie@jurysinns.com with your room number so that I could get this double checked by our maintenance team to ensure it is working properly?