“Very good hotel”

Ranked #18 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Very good hotel”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Hotel was lovely and clean and room was comfortable.
The staff on reception and in the bar were very friendly.
A very busy hotel.
The only thing that bothered me was the pillows, very hard. Even the soft pillows were slightly 'rock' like.
Not a speck of dust in the room.
Food was ok, although breakfast was only average.

Room Tip: A good base for anyone staying in Leeds
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
georgina w, Manager at Jurys Inn Leeds, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Dublinshopper123,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I am pleased to see you had an enjoyable stay, I am however sorry that the pillows were not to our comfort.

You have also mentioned that breakfast was average, I would be keen to get more detailed feedback on this as we are always looking at ways we can improve. Please could you send any more details on breakfast to georgina_wylie@jurysinns.com so that I can look into whether there could be anything done.

Once again, thank you for all your feedback.

Goergina Wylie
Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Bathgate
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel, absol. first class room and food and service very much with a smile.

Two small issues....

Price paid turning up was more than web page offer....
A bit of a let down,

And Was told no on site parking but area adjacent was used at £6 per night. I discovered street parking was in fact free from 6 pm until 8 the next day.

Why promote the paid parking people?

Other than the above, this is an excellent hotel, but this website would be pointless without feedback good or bad hence I like to take the time to provide a balanced view.

Cheers

John

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Beni-Jock
georgina w, Manager at Jurys Inn Leeds, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Beni-Jock,

thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I have read through your comments and am pleased to see you enjoyed the Hotel.

I would however like to look into the issue with the rate you paid and the rate you booked, if you could forward me any confirmations so that I can look into t his that would be great. Also if you could let me know which website gave you the wrong details about the car park I will look into this.

My contact email address is georgina_wylie@jurysinns.com.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

stayed on Saturday night with group of girlfriends whilst out for a hen night. seamless check-in despite being busy. room ok & just big enough for 3 of us....the triple room didn't appear to be any bigger than a double! great view over the river from the room! cup of tea was first & tried to ring reception to request fresh milk - no answer & so gave up! pleased to see the bathroom was equipped with a bath but this was very shallow - good job I'm only a little un. toiletries were attached to the wall at shower height & it was a little awkward to soap up whilst sat in the bath! narrow shelves in the bathroom made it difficult to put make-up on unless you could balance your make-up/toiletry bag or put it in the sink!
buffet breakfast next day was good - plenty of choice, replenished & tables cleared quickly, chairs seemed to be more dated than the rest of the hotel!
would recommend this hotel for a stop over in Leeds but wouldn't want to stay more than one night.
negatives - no bottled water, biscuits or fresh milk in the room & no facecloths in the bathroom!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear beebee40,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I have read through your comments and am sorry you feel we are missing some ameneties. Unfortunately bottled water and biscuits is only provided to bookings made in our Superior Rooms and we do not provide facecloths throughout the Jurys Inn brand.

I can see from your feedback you would be happy to return to the hotel for an overnight stay, and look forward to being able to welcome you back again in the future.

Once again, thank you for all your feedback, thsi is very valuable to us.

Yours sincerely,

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed at the Jury on Saturday 21 March 2014 and had a very pleasant stay. At check in we were a little dubious due to the amount of stag and hen party's. Luckily that was the only time we saw or heard them.

We had 2 rooms on the 6th floor. Although the windows were small the view was ok - but had a bonus of not being on a busy rd therefore it was quite.

The rooms were clean, adequate - with the usual 'small' amount of complimentary tea coffee Etc. (I always take more because nobody supplies enough. Lol).

A very comfortable nights sleep was had by us all.

We decided to have breakfast the following morning. £10 buffet breakfast - not the best but it was ok, not sure if that was value for money.

But on the whole a very decent stay - and probably would stay again if visiting Leeds.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear eco2energy,

Thank you for taking some time to give us your feedback for your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I am pleased to see you had an enjoyable stay, I am however disappointed to hear you felt the breakfast was not quite as you had expected, if you would like to give any more details on this I would be keen to have this feedback also, my email address is georgina_wylie@jurysinns.com.

Once again, thank you for your feedback, I hope we are able to welcome you back again in the future.

yours sincerely,

Sandbach, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

On arrival the Reception Desk informed us that all family rooms were on the first floor and there were a number of hen/stag parties which could make it a noisy stay! This hadn't been advised at the time of booking but we were offered another room with the use of a camp bed and extra security if we decided to stay where we were - which we did.

First impressions of the room were very good. There were 2 double beds and the room was exceptionally clean. It also had a reasonable view over the wharf and the river.

There was a bit of noise from the ladies next door who were clearly a little bit the worse for wear and we did hear that one had been ill... But our room was only ever going to be crash pad after seeing Miranda at the Leeds Arena. We also heard them return to their room sometime early in the morning but then there was peace until we awoke about 7.30am.

Breakfast was lovely and exceptional value as we didn't have to pay for the children.

We would definitely return but perhaps next time we would ask for a room (inter-connecting) on a higher floor.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear KatandSte,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I am pleased to hear that there was not too much disturbance to you and your family and that you had a confortable stay, and that you enjooyed breakfast as well.

I hope we are able to welcome you back again in the future and should you require interconnecting rooms, do not hesitate to contact me and I am more than happy to help with your booking. My email address is georgina_wylie@jurysinns.com.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My friend and I stayed here as we were going for a night out in town. The service was very good and the staff were all very nice. I found the room price to be reasonable and the room itself was nicely decorated and the beds comfortable. The bathroom was outdated and could do with a refurb, it was slightly dusty as well! The only other complaint was that the walls were very thin so we heard a couple having an arguement next door and could hear every word haha! The location was good (apart from the weather!) as it is a short walk over the bridge to the nicer area of leeds for bars, food and night clubs. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear kirsten57,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I have read through your comments and am pleased to see you had an enjoyable stay and would come back another time. I am sorry about the dust in your room, this is certainly not to the usual standard we strive to acheive at Jurys Inn.

Once again, thank you for all your feedback, this is very valuable to us.

Skipton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the jury's inn for an overnight dinner bed and breakfast stay with my husband as a birthday treat. Couldn't have gone any better. Hotel in a lovely spot with great views from a lovely room. Yummy food and very pleasant helpful staff. Would definately recommend it for a city break.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear John G,

Thank you for taking some time to give us a review following you recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I have read through your comments and am thrilled to see you had such an enjoyable stay.

I hope we are able to welcome you back again in the future.

Yours sincerely,