“Good for what it is... had fun!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jurys Inn Leeds

Jurys Inn Leeds
Ranked #17 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Good for what it is... had fun!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed in this hotel with a large group for a friends birthday.

The hotel has a very lovely reception area with chandeliers and beautiful modern décor. It is open plan to the bar and restaurant and has lots of seating. Reception staff were...okay. Seemed a little grumpy aside from one kind chirpy dark-haired gentleman who I assume was a manager of some sorts; couldn't say a name because very few staff actually wore name badges!!

Upon check in we were told we needed to provide a £30 deposit PER PERSON for our stay as we were a large group. This would have been fine and is totally understandable, however we were not made aware of this when booking, and so with there being 14 of us, amounted to over £300. Ridiculous especially since we didn't know. I questioned this and the young bobbed hair girl on the desk didn't really know what she was talking about and mumbled a little. It was eventually waived for us, but just as a pre-warning to anyone looking to book a group!! Maybe a courteous call from the reception staff when the booking came through, to check we were aware would have been nice - I work on the Front Desk of a hotel myself and this would be the first thing I did!!!! Various other groups around us were also stumped about this too!

The rooms are quite nice for a three star hotel however having a little nosey I found that the cushions on the bed, however of a nice touch, were dirty and had white stains on them...didn't want to even think what it was (!!) and the pillows didn't have pillow protectors and were stained. Yuck.

The bath is very shallow, but an overnight stay meant we only used the shower anyway so not much of an issue. Rooms equipped with nice big modern TV's as well as hair dryer, iron & board, and a kettle.

About a 5/10 minute walk/stagger to the bar scene of Leeds, though worth getting a taxi further into the city to places such as Tiger Tiger and Bah Bar (If that's what it was called!) for a more modern scene.

Very good fun night out and the bar staff at the hotel were very welcoming when we staggered home in the early hours of the morning!! As were the security door staff, just make sure you have your room keys on you so you can get in!!

Breakfast was an extra £10.00 per person for us as we didn't book; one of the best buffet breakfasts I've had. Lots of food range as well as gluten free things on request too!!

Overall, a pretty great stay! On the Saturday we stayed it was very busy with stag/hen do's and parties and we made quite a few friends staying in the hotel; a saviour when you lose people whilst your out and bump into them!! :)

Would return again for the same kind of night out, but wouldn't choose this place as a weekend getaway/family weekend; 1 night only!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kirsty B
Dear Kirsty B,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I am pleased to see that on the mostpart you had an enjoyable stay but am disappointed to hear that there were some issues.

Regarding the deposit you were asked for on arrival, I am very sorry this was not relayed to you on booking as this is always taken when groups book in the Hotel. Please could you let me know how these rooms were booked so that I can ensure people are informed of this in the future?

Also regarding the cleanliness ofthe bedding, I will address this with housekeeping as this is certainly not to our usual standard, if you could let me know your room numbers I will feed this back to our Head Housekeeper.

Please could you provide me with these details so that I can address these issues by sending me the information to georgina_wylie@jurysinns.com, also if you would like to add any more details i am always greatful of guests feedback.

Once again, thank you for your comments.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
doncaster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

I have now stayed at this hotel for the third time. The room was spotless, the breakfast delicious and all the staff very friendly. What more could you want? Never fails to disappoint. I love visiting Leeds and will always stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Middle to high floors and at the back are better, to avoid any noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear harribo1989,

Thank you for your review.

I am so pleased to see we are your Hotel of choice in Leeds and hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Hotel was lovely and clean and room was comfortable.
The staff on reception and in the bar were very friendly.
A very busy hotel.
The only thing that bothered me was the pillows, very hard. Even the soft pillows were slightly 'rock' like.
Not a speck of dust in the room.
Food was ok, although breakfast was only average.

Room Tip: A good base for anyone staying in Leeds
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Dublinshopper123,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I am pleased to see you had an enjoyable stay, I am however sorry that the pillows were not to our comfort.

You have also mentioned that breakfast was average, I would be keen to get more detailed feedback on this as we are always looking at ways we can improve. Please could you send any more details on breakfast to georgina_wylie@jurysinns.com so that I can look into whether there could be anything done.

Once again, thank you for all your feedback.

Goergina Wylie
Bathgate
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel, absol. first class room and food and service very much with a smile.

Two small issues....

Price paid turning up was more than web page offer....
A bit of a let down,

And Was told no on site parking but area adjacent was used at £6 per night. I discovered street parking was in fact free from 6 pm until 8 the next day.

Why promote the paid parking people?

Other than the above, this is an excellent hotel, but this website would be pointless without feedback good or bad hence I like to take the time to provide a balanced view.

Cheers

John

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Beni-Jock
Dear Beni-Jock,

thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I have read through your comments and am pleased to see you enjoyed the Hotel.

I would however like to look into the issue with the rate you paid and the rate you booked, if you could forward me any confirmations so that I can look into t his that would be great. Also if you could let me know which website gave you the wrong details about the car park I will look into this.

My contact email address is georgina_wylie@jurysinns.com.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Bolton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

stayed on Saturday night with group of girlfriends whilst out for a hen night. seamless check-in despite being busy. room ok & just big enough for 3 of us....the triple room didn't appear to be any bigger than a double! great view over the river from the room! cup of tea was first & tried to ring reception to request fresh milk - no answer & so gave up! pleased to see the bathroom was equipped with a bath but this was very shallow - good job I'm only a little un. toiletries were attached to the wall at shower height & it was a little awkward to soap up whilst sat in the bath! narrow shelves in the bathroom made it difficult to put make-up on unless you could balance your make-up/toiletry bag or put it in the sink!
buffet breakfast next day was good - plenty of choice, replenished & tables cleared quickly, chairs seemed to be more dated than the rest of the hotel!
would recommend this hotel for a stop over in Leeds but wouldn't want to stay more than one night.
negatives - no bottled water, biscuits or fresh milk in the room & no facecloths in the bathroom!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear beebee40,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I have read through your comments and am sorry you feel we are missing some ameneties. Unfortunately bottled water and biscuits is only provided to bookings made in our Superior Rooms and we do not provide facecloths throughout the Jurys Inn brand.

I can see from your feedback you would be happy to return to the hotel for an overnight stay, and look forward to being able to welcome you back again in the future.

Once again, thank you for all your feedback, thsi is very valuable to us.

Yours sincerely,

Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed at the Jury on Saturday 21 March 2014 and had a very pleasant stay. At check in we were a little dubious due to the amount of stag and hen party's. Luckily that was the only time we saw or heard them.

We had 2 rooms on the 6th floor. Although the windows were small the view was ok - but had a bonus of not being on a busy rd therefore it was quite.

The rooms were clean, adequate - with the usual 'small' amount of complimentary tea coffee Etc. (I always take more because nobody supplies enough. Lol).

A very comfortable nights sleep was had by us all.

We decided to have breakfast the following morning. £10 buffet breakfast - not the best but it was ok, not sure if that was value for money.

But on the whole a very decent stay - and probably would stay again if visiting Leeds.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear eco2energy,

Thank you for taking some time to give us your feedback for your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I am pleased to see you had an enjoyable stay, I am however disappointed to hear you felt the breakfast was not quite as you had expected, if you would like to give any more details on this I would be keen to have this feedback also, my email address is georgina_wylie@jurysinns.com.

Once again, thank you for your feedback, I hope we are able to welcome you back again in the future.

yours sincerely,

Sandbach, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

On arrival the Reception Desk informed us that all family rooms were on the first floor and there were a number of hen/stag parties which could make it a noisy stay! This hadn't been advised at the time of booking but we were offered another room with the use of a camp bed and extra security if we decided to stay where we were - which we did.

First impressions of the room were very good. There were 2 double beds and the room was exceptionally clean. It also had a reasonable view over the wharf and the river.

There was a bit of noise from the ladies next door who were clearly a little bit the worse for wear and we did hear that one had been ill... But our room was only ever going to be crash pad after seeing Miranda at the Leeds Arena. We also heard them return to their room sometime early in the morning but then there was peace until we awoke about 7.30am.

Breakfast was lovely and exceptional value as we didn't have to pay for the children.

We would definitely return but perhaps next time we would ask for a room (inter-connecting) on a higher floor.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear KatandSte,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I am pleased to hear that there was not too much disturbance to you and your family and that you had a confortable stay, and that you enjooyed breakfast as well.

I hope we are able to welcome you back again in the future and should you require interconnecting rooms, do not hesitate to contact me and I am more than happy to help with your booking. My email address is georgina_wylie@jurysinns.com.

Once again thank you for your feedback.