“Great hotel for Stag weakend” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jurys Inn Leeds

Jurys Inn Leeds
Ranked #17 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Skelton-in-Cleveland, United Kingdom
“Great hotel for Stag weakend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I used this hotel for a stag weekend in april 2013, the hotel was very accommodating for 12 guys, we got a bed and breakfast deal. The breakfast in the morning was of good quality, the rooms were clean and tidy and very comfortable, the hotel is only a short walk from local nightlife and the city centre. I would recommend using this hotel if you are looking for a convenient location

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Jay C,

Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased to see your group had an enjoyable stay with us.

Yours sincerely,

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here recently with our two young children. We have stayed at Jurys Leeds on two occasions and we would use it again. The reception area is gorgeous: big chandeliers and a very modern makeover. There is a Costa Coffee on site so there is a lovely aroma of coffee when you arrive. The rooms themselves are very well appointed with floor to ceiling windows, comfy beds, TV with freeview and a smart clean bathroom with toiletries included.

Breakfast was excellent with a very wide choice of items. I was particularity impressed to see hot vegetarian breakfast items served separately from the hot non-veggie servery. I was also impressed to see porridge served- a nice touch. The breakfast was a help yourself affair and involved breads of many types, pastries, muffins, fresh fruit, dried fruit, bacon, sausage, eggs, hash browns, mushrooms, tomatoes, cheese, salami, cereals, and pretty much everything you could want.

I believe it is a popular stag and hen night hotel, and we were warned that the first floor can be noisy, but although we saw a few friendly groups getting ready to hit the town, we were not disturbed and enjoyed a very quiet night on the first floor.

Parking is off site but just a few yards away. Sainsurys Local is within yards and the hotel is centrally located so you can walk into town or visit the Armouries for example, without needing a car or bus.

Dear MarriedMum,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I have read through your comments and am pleased to hear that you had a great stay with your family. It certainly sounds like you made the most of our breakfast which I am happy you all enjoyed.

Thank you once again for your feedback, I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Yours sincerely,

St Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Great staff, great reception area, great location, great breakfast, great stay. Rooms clean and smart.
Easy to get to station, pubs and restaurants, shops! and the Royal Armouries. Handy having a Sainsbury's local next door as well.
Not hotels fault, but we were subjected to a listening to a couple next door for a couple of hours - we nearly clapped!!
Hotel price was amazing and had it double checked before we stayed.

Dear Dagnall07,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I have read through your comments and am pleased to see you had an enjoyable stay with us. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Your sincerely,

Sydney, Aus.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went with family to stay in Leeds last Saturday night. I was in slight trepidation as I hadn't been to Leeds in many years and remembered what Saturdays used to be like. Well not much had changed there except there seemed to be more queers around than ever. No matter. The hotel doesn't do itself any real favours from the outside. The entrance was littered in cigarette ends and I could see my wife's face drop as she thought I 'd goofed on this selection. Having paid £188 for the three of us adults for one night (two rooms - three beds) I wasn't going to give up at this early stage. Whilst having to wait some time to check in because of interminable hen party participants we checked in and wnt to our rooms. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean and smell-free. The bathrooms were a delight and the showers were perfect. The chairs were not very comfortable would be my one complaint.
There was a little noise throughout the night but no more than to be expected and we awoke refreshed.
Breakfast was a slight hiccup as I was fairly certain I had paid already but had to pay a futher £10 x 3 to get some breakfast. On top of the £188 paid I thought this was a tad tight. Breakfast was not too bad if you don't mind having to serve yourself (which I don't) and I seemed to spend the whole time jumping up from the table to get something or other, leaving me quite unsatisfied about the experience. If you had children then I think this would be quite a chore. Waiters made themselves very scarce and were only interested in clearing dirty dishes away. Even the hot milk had to be ordered for cereals which duly turned up in a mug !!

All in all it was probably better than I had hoped but only because Leeds has never had much of a reputation for its hotels. If the rooms had cost about £120 instead of £218 (incl breakfast) then would be a much fairer price and reflective of the sort of hotel it is.

Will I stay again? Only if this is the last place available I think.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Good location a short walk from the station about 15 minutes. It has lovely views over the city. Close to the Royal Armouries Museum which holds conferences. Fast lifts to your clean, tidy room. Good air conditioning with temperature regulation. a pleasant place to stay for business.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Danielle F,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I am very happy to see you had an enjoyable stay and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Booked a double room for saturday 17th may arrived 3.30 checkin very quick , staff very professional and Friendly . Noticed a couple of hen partys were staying same might but didnt hear or see Much of them later that evening perhap because my room was on floor seven and read groups are put on lower level floors. Hotel very clean .Nice location, reception booked a taxi for me it arrived quickly and cost £3 to the town hall . Large car park to rear of hotel i paid £6 for the night . Very happy with my stay at the jury inn and will booked this hotel again

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
georgina w, Manager at Jurys Inn Leeds, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear yorke_jh,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I have read through your feedback and am happy to see you had an enjoyable stay. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Southport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Very good stay . Travelled to leeds for a couple of days training. Very friendly staff. Food excellent . Room very clean . Very good conference facilities . Would recommend this hotel and will be visiting again for pleasure .

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
georgina w, Manager at Jurys Inn Leeds, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear mgg6t9,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to Jurys Inn Leeds.

I have read through your feedback and am pleased to see that as a conference guest you enjoyed all the facilities in the Hotel.

I hope we are able to welcome you back again in the future.