“Hidden charge”
Review of Jurys Inn Leeds

Jurys Inn Leeds
Ranked #19 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel on Saturday 7th June, I had book and paid for all 5 rooms in advance, but when checking in we were informed we had to pay an additional deposit of £30pp as we were in a large group ( 7 of us) at no point was this stated when booking the room and the receptionists just pointed at a card she pulled from behind the desk. This was very disappointing as some of our "large group" didn't really have the extra £30 to spare.
I got talking to a group of lady's around 60 -70 years old and they were stopping at this hotel to, I did ask them if they had to pay an additional £30 and they said no.
We feel very discriminated that this only applied to us and not the group of lady's staying.

Room Tip: If your a group of lads you might want to take an extra £30 each
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mark D
georgina w, Manager at Jurys Inn Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Mark D,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I have read through your comments and can see that there was some issues with the £30.00 per person bond we take. This rule applies across the board therefore I am very sorry that you feel discriminated against as this is certainly not the intention.
The bond also is not an additional payment but a deposit which is returned to guests on check out the following morning. I am very keen to discuss this further with you please contact me on georgina_wylie@jurysinns.com.

Once again, thank you for your feedback, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights, my first stay in this hotel but I've stayed at other Jury's Inns and it's pretty much what you expect from them. The location is about 10minutes walk to both town and the Royal Armouries in a lovely old wharf area so no noise from passing traffic. Room was very clean and comfortable and I slept amazingly well. Only slight gripe with my room was the lack of plug in the bathroom sink.
There's a good choice on the breakfast buffet - cooked breakfast (with veggie options on a separate side of the counter), cereals, fresh fruit, breads, toast, pastries.....couldn't complain there and a bonus point for having soya milk :-)
Dinner options I found slightly limited as I don't usually eat wheat or dairy and there's a lot of sandwich/burger options or dishes with creamy or buttery sauces. The meals I had were very nice though but the Wednesday night "roast dinner" advertised as being a traditional roast with Yorkshire Pudding and gravy was not what it said on the tin! Don't get me wrong, it was very tasty, but gammon with a pineapple dressing and potatoes in some strange mustard sauce are not a traditional roast :-( There's other restaurants a short walk away but I didn't try them as I was on my own, and there's also a Sainsbury's Local next door to the hotel which is handy.
Free wifi throughout the hotel worked fine and is a real bonus.
The gym is small but functional although it only has cardio equipment and 1 weights machine so don't expect to do a decent full body workout or pump up those guns ;-)
Staff were very friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear edinem,

Thank you for your recent review following your stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I have read through your comments and am pleased to see you had an enjoyable stay.

I will certainly pass on your feedback to our chefs about the choice of meat and accompaniments for the roast dinner special we have weekly, feedback on these is very important to us and gives us the opportunity to change them if they don't work.

Once again, thank you for all your feedback, I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

A great hotel to stay at if you are going to stay in Leeds. very central and in the modern Canal Docks. close enough to the Rail Station and the motorways are easy to access from here. Parking is not available at the hotel. I found street parking and there is a large car park close by.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Duffer1966,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I have read through your feedback and am very pleased you had an enjoyable stay and hope we are able to welcome you back again in the future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed for one night great for the money, clean room, bathroom fine, beds good, for £65 per night cannot fault. If you looking for a good hotel close to the city centre bars and shops you can t go wrong.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
georgina w, Manager at Jurys Inn Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Matt31212013,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I have read through your comments and am pleased to see you had an enjoyable stay, I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We checked in 31st May, Billy one of the reception staff was extremely helpful and upgraded our room, we were given a room on the top floor, the room was modern, clean and roomy with great views over the city and the canals. Hotel within walking distance to the city centre and bars close by. We have stayed here many times and will stay here in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
georgina w, Manager at Jurys Inn Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Bernie G,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I am happy to see you had an enjoyable stay and look forward to being able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

If you're after a cheap hotel for a stag weekend then this is spot on. If you're after a quiet place to stay with your partner then id recommend elsewhere.
On a weekend there are always big groups of drunk people coming in at all hours, and someone asking you for proof you're staying there which is a bit off putting. Having said that I was on the third floor and it was quiet enough.

All in all it's ok, but if you want something with a bit of class then it's not for you.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear fatpig2012,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I have read through your comments and am pleased to hear you had a quiet stay, the Hotel does have stag and hen weekends visit but we do have allocated floors for larger groups so that we can manage any noise that may happen.
Regarding the security we have on Friday and Saturday nights, we have this for the care of our guests, as we are centrally located we like to ensure that after 11pm at weekend we only have residents in the Hotel.

Should you wish to stay again you are able to contact the Hotel in advance and request a quieter floor and we will be happy to accommodate your request.

Once again, thank you for all your feedback, I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Great friendly check in on Saturday 17th May. there was a problem will the key cards but I don't think that is anything unusual!! A new set were quickly organised with no fuss.
Was a little dissapointed that we had wait 15 to 20 mins for some Prosecco to be chilled down but this was brought up to the room so again minimum fuss.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
georgina w, Manager at Jurys Inn Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Andrew H,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I am pleased to see you had an enjoyable stay and apologise that the Prosecco was no already chilled for you, I will make sure this does not happen again in the future but am happy to see this was quickly resolved by someone bringing this to your room.

Once again, thank you for your feedback, I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.