“Noisy and housekeeping needs more care”

Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel
Ranked #16 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Scotland
“Noisy and housekeeping needs more care”
Reviewed 7 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed for three nights over the festive period. This is a relatively new looking un-attractive building situated just outside Leeds centre near to the football ground.
The building benefits from ample parking however signs regarding security and car theft make you a little nervous from the start. The reception and bar/ lounge area are integrated to the hotel which was a nice suprise and open for the entire period. Credit goes to the staff manning these areas for appearing to be cheery and attentive throughout.

The room we stayed in was large and modern with the full premier inn makeover. It was however chilly throughout our stay despite us trying to higher the temp it seemed timed to reset to cool. It does benefit from air con which appears to be being overhauled as part of the car park had an industrial storage area.

The main issue with the room was the noise from the nearby busy dual carriage way. This was not made clear from the website and really is an issue. It was relatively traffic free during our stay but one morning it was like trying to sleep on the nearby M62. Hence the aircon as you cannot open the windows without being deafened. I found earplugs handy and feel the premier inn should offer these for rooms that back onto this road. Tip ask for a room overlooking the front of the hotel. It is still noisy but not as bad.

I was suprised that our room was not serviced on the second day of our stay. We were not advised that housekeeping would be off that day and feel that was poor. We are quite used to fending for ourselves at festive periods in hotels but usually we are given access to additional towels and drink supplies etc. it was annoying to return late to find towels in the bath and no coffee in the room. Had we known we would have hung towels back up to dry or grabbed fresh ones.

Overall if you can get a cheap deal here its good value and the beds of course are fab although this was the first premier inn where I have experienced the zip together singles ; however with a location next to Elland Rd footie ground this might be the reason.

Will probably stay again due to handy location for business and if on a deal. but will take ear plugs and definitely request a front facing room.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank fledermaus2u
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, 12 January 2013
Hi Fledermaus2u,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review here on trip Advisor, your feedback on your stay is always welcome.

Thank you for your feedback on the team that you encountered during your stay and I was pleased to read that you found them to be friendly and helpful.

I was however disappointed to read some of your comments about your stay and the lack of servicing of your rooms particularly. These issues have certainly been raised with the housekeeping team and the team members on specifically over the festive period.

You are correct in that we are currently re-installing all air conditioning units within the hotel, this is due to be completed by the end of January or early into February.

It is our aim always at Leeds City West Premier Inn to deliver the very highest standards of service and I am disappointed to read that during your stay we did not achieve this.

If you do choose to stay with us again please contact us once your reservations has been made on 0113 249 4566 and request a front facing room, our team will always do their utmost to accommodate any requests wherever possible.

Thank you once again for your review, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds City West again in the near future.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We stayed at the Leeds City West on New Years Eve,
The staff were all brilliant, nothing was too much trouble.
Ben the manager was very helpful and offered to provide an early breakfast due to breakfast being at 10am New Years Day.
Our Stadium Tour over ran so we were late booking out, We were told not to worry.
We booked the meal deal which was excellent value for money,
Both evening meal and breakfast dining room staff were all very helpful too.

My only small gripe would be the room was way too warm for us and made it difficult to sleep, we opened the window, however it was rather noisy with traffic.
This would not stop us using this premier inn again.

Great value for money, great staff, great location for Elland Road.

A very happy new year to you all

Lyn, Darroll, Mackensie Stevenson

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank macca244
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, 3 January 2013
Hi Lyn, Darrol & Mackensie,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip advisor, your feedback on your stay is always welcome.

As a team we pride ourselves on customer service and I am pleased to read that your review reflects that. We are currently mid process of replacing all of the air conditioning units in the hotel so that hopefully your experience with your room feeling too warm will not re-occur. The full hotel should be completed by the end of January.

I’m really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you enjoyed all of your festive period. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds City West Premier Inn again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2012

The room was clean with a large bed, 6ft across. Given you are paying a B&B price that makes it worth it alone. We paid extra for the breakfast which was well worth the money. We also had a light snack in the evening and the service was good. Ok, it is in an Industrial Park and not in the CIty Centre but that did not bother us as we needed easy access out of Leeds on the next day.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room overlooking the front of the hotel as the main road is at the rear. Also th...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank RossMcC
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, 29 December 2012
Hi RossMcC,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay here on Trip Advisor, I am pleased to read that your stay with us was an enjoyable one.

I was particularly pleased to read that you felt the value for money for your stay was exceptional and that the service in the bar and restaurant were to your satisfaction.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back again to Leeds City West in the near future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2012

We have stayed here as a family many times and decided to use it as a base for our visit to my wife's family in Leeds over Christmas. We arrived late on Christmas Eve amnd the checkin waas quick and efficient. Breakfast the following morning was a bit lacking as the one member of staff on duty was too busy talking to friends of hers in the restaurant to bother much with us and the hot food took ages to arrive. On returning from a family gathering that evening, i noticed the rooms had not been serviced, however, as we hadn't spent much time there, it was no real issue. The following morning the breakfaste was a bit more efficient and we headed out with the bins full of rubbish and dirty nappies from our baby and the toilet rolls needing to be replaced. On return that evening, the rooms hadn't been serviced again and I complained to the receptionist, who turned out to be the only member of staff on duty, as she had sent the rest of the staff home as it was so quiet. She had to leave reception and come and sort our rooms out, empty the bins and replenish the toilet rolls.

The follopwing morning I spoke to another receptionist as we were leaving regarding this. She appologised, but noted that the company had limited the amount of staff on duty and that we should have been informed that the rooms would not be serviced during our 3 night stay. Had i known this, i would have gone elsewhere.

I have used many different Premier Inns the length and breadth of the country and never been disapointed like this. The lack of the basic room servicing required marred what was an otherwise good value stay.

You really need to get your priorities sorted out Premier Inn. It is not acceptable to leave rooms unserviced for 3 nights under any circumstances. And it would appear that your good night guarantee isn't worht the paper it's written on!

Room Tip: The rear of the building faces the motorway, the front is quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Hi bigiainw_46,

At Leeds City West it is our objective to deliver the very highest of standards throughout the year, to every guest, and I am sorry to say on your stay with us we have fallen short of this objective. The reduction in the number of team on duty over the Christmas period should never impact in any way the standard of the service that you receive.

Could I ask that you contact me in person either at operationsmanager.leedscitywest@premierinn.com or on 0113 279 4566 so that I may discuss the matters further with you and take the appropriate next steps. Unfortunately I am unable to identify your reservation just through just your Trip Advisor username.

Regards,

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2012

We were staying in Leeds over Christmas and visiting family who live there. On arriving we were greeted at reception by Shakeel, who was very polite and friendly (even having to work all over Christmas). Although we hadn't booked an evening meal (our fault as we didn't know what time we would be arriving) he said there would be no problem and just to go through to the restaurant and that they would be more that happy to serve us. We were left to feel that anything we may want or need wouldn't have been a problem with the staff.

The room was very clean, but due to it being Christmas, the bed wasn't made, but that was the only fault, and I wouldn't even call that a problem, it's Christmas, and I wouldn't want anyone working who didn't have to.

Thank you for an enjoyable stop, and I would chose to stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hilary S
Hi Hilary S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay here on Trip Advisor, your feedback and comments are always very much appreciated.

Shakeel was personally delighted to have read your review and was grateful for your comments.

I am however disappointed that your room was not serviced to the standards that I expect and will be reviewing this as a matter of urgency with the rest of the management team.

Once again, thank you for posting a review here on Trip Advisor, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds City West again in the near future.

UK
Reviewed 19 December 2012

We have stayed at this Premier Inn quite alot and we are due to stay NYE, we have always found it very friendly and the staff are lovely Laurie in particular.(but so are the rest really)
Yes its not in the middle of Leeds but you know that when you book it, we find it ideal as we go to the football, we have stayed in quite a few Pr Inns and we have always found the staff very friendly, they go out of the way to help you, remember you get what you pay for but we find it very comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Angie B
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, 21 December 2012
Hi Angie B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review here on Trip Advisor, your feedback is very much appreciated.

Laurie was so please to be mentioned speciically in your review and is a real asset within the team here at Leeds City West.

I look forward to personally welcoming you to the hotel on NYE as I will be at the hotel all night.

Hull
Reviewed 15 December 2012

We stayed for only a couple of days and we did not sleep for any of them due to the uncomfortable bed - when reported they said to use a duvet to cushion the bed - this did not work and I requested my money back. They said I would receive a full refund within 3 - 5 days, now on the 6th day, I have not received any money back. On ringing the hotel they said I would receive my money during the afternoon, to no surprise I still received nothing. The problem has still not been resolved. Poor service, poor quality bed. Stay away from Premier Inn - unless you want to eat, the food was good (over priced, but expected), the room was clean but neither of these things change the poor sleep and the poor service.

Room Tip: Take a memory foam bed cover. Ask to be at the front of the hotel - M621 at the back.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2012
Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn our main objective remains to deliver a high level of customer service in all our establishments. We apologise for the service you experienced at our hotel.

Your comments have been noted and will be duly investigated by both Head Office and the Management Team at our hotel.

Please be assured at Premier Inn we take the service provided to all our guests very seriously and your feedback will be duly followed up.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay we do hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Naina

Online Customer Service Team,
Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.