“Fantastic rooms”

Ranked #13 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
bethyoscar22
“Fantastic rooms”
Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

We have just come home from a weekend at this hotel. We often stay at premier inns and can honestly say the Leeds west have the best rooms! Huge beds and effective heating systems (woke us up in a sauna but at least it worked!) the bed was really comfortable - I was woken up by the creaking floorboards from the above rooms but it really wasn't a problem.
Service - the service was either excellent or below average. Saturday morning they ran out of breakfast at 10:30 - we were told to wait 10/15 mins but actually were forgotten- it was sorted eventually but wasted an hour. I won't name the lady who was snappy and rude but the man in the restaurant was very helpful. The reception staff were very helpful and should be an inspiration to some others! I actually witnessed a staff member be very rude and dismissive to her colleague this morning at breakfast.

Overall I was very satisfied with the hotel - the value and rooms were fantastic. Just think some of the customer service could improve slightly. We will be staying at the hotel again and looking forward to it.

• Stayed February 2013
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, 23 March 2013
Hi bethyoscar22,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay here on Trip Advisor, your feedback on your stay is always very welcome.

I was delighted to read that the rooms and the hotel exceeded your expectations. At leeds City West Premier Inn we are always striving for the highest standards in customer service and I am sorry to read that your experience was inconsistent in this regard.

Thank you once again for your feedback, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds City West Premier Inn again in the near future.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Harpenden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Stayed one night mid week all staff friendly but a few issues ..
1. Kettle not working in the room.
2. Heater/air con unit not working.
3. Not enough towels in bathroom.
4. No draught beer or bottle beer only Boddingtons on draught.
5. Ran out of Jack Daniels couldn't replace bottle no keys for store room.
6. No rice with curry was given chips waitress said had run out !
7. Breakfast ... Poached eggs overcooked bacon cold no hash browns no white bread for toast.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Peter S
Hi Peter S,

At Leeds City West we always strive for the highest levels of customer service and I am disappointed to read that on this occasion we did not live up to that standard.

Your feedback has been given to the team on duty during your stay and every effort made to ensure the disappointing aspects of your experience are not repeated.

bolton,england
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Just returned from a one night stay as a birthday treat. Got a great welcome from Shakeel who was very interested in our reason for staying. Went up to room and it was spotlessly clean and very welcoming. Had the meal deal and it was excellent value, the food was very good and the service from Vanessa and Laurie was great with just the right amount of attention and friendliness. The breakfast was also excellent and Karl very friendly and helpful. We have stayed at many Premier Inns and this is up there at the top of the list. Thanks to all the staff for a great stay. Well recommended no very convenient for Leeds and the White Rose shopping centre.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kathleen14
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Hi Kathleen14,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay here on Trip Advisor, your feedback and comments on your stay are always very welcome.

I have ensured that all the team you have mentioned have been made aware of your comments and all were very grateful. I was personally delighted to read so many people were able to have such a positive impact on your stay.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your review. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds City West again in the near future.

Barnsley, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Had a recent night away in Leeds with my wife. We found this Premier Inn to be excellent. The hotwl was very clean and the friendly helpful staff couldnt do enough for you. A taxi into the city only cost around £6.50 which could be arranged quickly by the receptionist.Do not be put off by the nearby M621 as road noise wasn't noticeable.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi Phil G,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review f your stay here on Trip Advisor, your feedback and comments on your stay are always very welcome.

We strive to deliver the highest level of customer service and I am delighted to read that we achieved these ambitions on your recent visit.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Firstly let me start off by saying that the room was very nice. It was quiet, clean, had a HUGE bed, and - unlike a lot of hotels I stay in, actually had enough hangers for a week's stay! A proper bath and shower in the bathroom too, which itself was spotless. The rest of the hotel was also good, and the staff were all very friendly, helpful, and polite. Another nice feature is that the stairs and lifts have their own lobby room on every floor, reducing noise from both the lifts and the people waiting for them.

However things start to go wrong when you get to the restaurant. The first thing that greeted me when I entered was the smoky blue haze, somewhat reminiscent of a 70s pub. Apparently it was due to the new grill that had been installed, and was sufficiently bad that several people (including the staff) were coughing, and the windows in the restaurant had to be opened. This was February, and there was still snow on the ground!

The food itself was OK, although the Bernaise sauce on my salmon had separated, and whilst I like my veg crunchy, I do also like to be able to cut it! The second night took nearly two hours for a starter and main course. Breakfast was a similar story, quite nice, but the poached egg that I was offered was forgotten about and never arrived.

In fairness, when I mentioned the problems I was offered things in compensation: drinks from the bar for my dodgy sauce, extra pastries for my long lost egg. Other customers seemed to be having similar issues; I noticed at least one leaving with a complimentary bottle of wine. In fact I was even refunded two nights' stay as the air conditioning twice woke me up by coming on at 3 am for no obvious reason (another new system apparently). However I can't help feeling that they would do better to try and resolve the issues, rather than just compensating people afterwards.

Overall, a good hotel that is let down by some issues, mainly in the restaurant. Although given the local alternatives (basically fast food burger joints), I can see why the restaurant is still popular!

Room Tip: For a quiet room get the top floor, facing the front of the building (away from the motorway).
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Hi Ian P,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay here on Trip advisor, your feedback and comments are always very welcome.

With regards to the smoke issue in the restaurant, I am pleased to be able to say that this has now been resolved and that for the last few nights despite being particularly busy there have been no re-occurrences of this issue.

The waiting time and the air conditioning issues you refer too are unfortunately due to the new systems in the hotel. Both the team and I are working hard to understand and eradicate these issues in advance of them affecting guests.

I am pleased that overall you were satisfied with your stay and hope you return again soon.

methilhill
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Carl and Shakeel were great, customer service next to none, very friendly and felt at home i had a meeting the next day and Shakeel kindly drove me there will definitely stay again.i stay in a lot of hotels and as i am traveling on my own can be quite lonely but the minute i arrived it was very welcoming and had a good atmosphere had a lovely meal room was clean and inviting, breakfast was also good the premier inn should be very proud of their staff top marks !!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank donna d
Hi Donna D,

I have ensured that both Karl and Shakeel have seen your review and they were so pleased that they were able to make a meaningful difference to your stay.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your stay, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

I have been staying in the hotel for the last several weeks whilst working away and have nothing but good things to say, the rooms are cleaned to the highest standard, the food in the restaurant is delicious and most importantly every staff member I have come across (especially Vanessa, Laurie and Chris) have been extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank MotorwayMan13
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, 16 February 2013
Hi MotorwayMan13,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor, your feedback and comments are always welcome.

I will ensure that Vanessa, Laurie and Chris all see your comments as well as the rest of the team, to know that you have stayed with us for a length of time and have been extremely satisfied is particularly gratifying.

Once again thank you for your comments, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds City West again in the near future.