“Breakfasts”

Ranked #13 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Ely
“Breakfasts”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Due to working around the UK at present I have stayed in a number of Premier Inns in the last 3 weeks. The rooms here are much the same as other Premier Inns.
What does make Leeds West stand out from the others is the staff. From reception to the room maids they all seem cheery. However special mention should go to the breakfast staff - Karl and Christine who wait-on and the chef for providing a great start to the day.

Room Tip: Top floor, over reception.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Hi sylvansteve,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay here on Trip Advisor, your feedback on your stay is always very much appreciated.

I am sure that Karl, Christine and Aga (our breakfast chef) will be absolutely delighted that they made such a difference to your stay & I shall certainly ensure that they see your review.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post a review and recognising those whom made a difference to your stay. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds again in the near future.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
corby
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Stopped here last week, easy access from motorway and into the city. Much noise from the road and railway but the efficient double glazing eliminated most of it. The only gripe I have is the curtains are so thin you can almost see through them. Bathroom clean and tidy, no complaints. I'd stay there again. I've never had a decent night's sleep in a hotel, it must be me missing me own bed!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Hi bertthefish,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our stay here on Trip Advisor, your feedback on your stay is always very much appreciated.

I was surprised to read your comment regarding the curtains in your room as all of our rooms are fitted with double lined 'black out' curtains, all of which were replaced in October, I would therefore be grateful if you could contact me directly at site so that I may investigate further.

Thank you once again for your feedback, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back agin soon.

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2013

My partner and I stayed here and we were both extremely impressed with our overall stay. The room was really spacious and everything was spotlessly clean. We enjoyed a lovely three course meal in the restaurant ( booked the meal deal which was fantastic value). Staff were all so helpful and the service first rate. I'm quite a fussy person when it comes to hotels, I must admit, and its the 1st time I've ever stayed in a premier inn. Would recommend it to anyone. We will certainly be returning.

Room Tip: We had a lovely room at front of hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Hi Heather P,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor, your feedback on your stay is always very welcome.

I was so pleased to read that you're stay with us was an enjoyable one and that my team made you feel so welcome.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post a review, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds City West again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

This was not my first choice for accommodation I have to admit as I usually stay at the Holiday inn Leeds Bradford, however I was very impressed with the courteous, professional and speedy reception that I was treated with when I arrived.
Very pleasantly surprised to find the rooms had air con and I pressed by the staff and quality of food in the restaurant and bar

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Hi Tony W,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review here on Trip Advisor, your feedback on your stay is very much appreciated.

I was thrilled to read your review and that the team exceeded your expectations during your brief stay with us & hope that in future visits that you will consider us a preferable choice of accommodation in the area.

Thank you once again for your feedback, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in May.Room 3 was a disgrace.There was 12 hairs in and around the bath.there's big cracks in the sink.There was no cover for the batteries on the remote control for the tv.The shelves on either side of the bed were badly worn and stained.The bed was large and very comfortable.I did complain to the Duty Manager.She was very sympathetic and understanding and my problems were resolved to my satisfaction. But,I would not return to this particular Premier Inn. Also,on my final night,there was 8 cars taking up disabled bays.None of them were displaying a blue badge.A big problem with this hotel chain.The meals were very nice.The service was just o.k.Well worth opting for the Meal Deal.They have a nice restaurant and bar area.

Room Tip: Inspect everything in the room before you unpack your suitcase.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Hi Galfrd,

I am incredibly disappointed to learn of your experience in our hotel and following the feedback you gave to the Duty Manager I was able to investigate the matter thoroughly to ensure that similar incidents do not re-occur.

Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Hotel was usual high standard of premier inn. Restaurant was also excellent. The reception staff had excellent local knowledge. At breakfast we were greeted with a warm smile and a cheery "good morning" which was a lovely start to the day.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi Lynn D,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay here on Trip Advisor, your feedback on your stay is always welcome.

I'm delighted that all aspects of your stay lived up to your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

Rooms decent, breakfast nice, good price, free parking, about 10/15 mins in a taxi but when you've been out for the night it's £10 to get home!

Only thing is the staff were very sarcy the following morning.. I travelled with a group of friends and we'd had an incident during the night which apart from someone (not from our party) asking the reception a question was none of their business! The receptionist kept going on about it, making assumptions and involving everyone.. Not professional!

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rebecca W
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Hi Rebecca W,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay here on Trip advisor, your feedback an comments on your stay are always welcome.

I was very disappointed to read of this lack of professionalism when you came to check out, this certainly falls short of the standards that I expect. I hope that you will agree after reading other reviews on here that this is also very much out of character for our reception team, I would therefore be very grateful if you could contact me directly at the hotel so that I may investigate this matter further and ensure that it is not repeated.