“Hotel good but restaurant not so good”

Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel
Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I stayed here recently while on business. The hotel rooms are clean and tidy but there was a smell throughout the building that was so good. The food was fine but the service at breakfast was not very good. Good value but have stayed in better Premier Inns.

Room Tip: You can hear the M621 all night if your room is on that side
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Hi Paul C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor.

Following your review I am pleased to say that a full investigation and resolution found to the cause of the smell you refer too. I am however very disappointed to read of the service level you experianced in the restaurant. This has been followed up with the breakfast team.

Thank you once again for taking the time to review your stay with us, your feedback is very much appreciated. I hope to be able to welcome you back to Leeds City West again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

The usual high standard for a Premier Inn. 2 -3 miles from the centre but set in a pleasant area just off the motorway. The breakfast waiter was very professional and helpful. A warm evening so had a pint outside

• Stayed: June 2013
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Hi Steve D,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay here on Trip Advisor, your feedback on your stay is always very much appreciated. I was pleased to read that the standard of service and cleanliness you experienced lived up to your expectations of Premier Inn, I will certainly be sure to pass your feedback on to the breakfast team.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post a review, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds City West again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

1 night stay wish I could of stayed longer as the service from a young lady called "Libby" was fun and made me very welcome. I shall be back.i hope the hotel have as much respect for there waitress as we do. Well done

• Stayed: June 2013
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Hi Jamie3212,

At Leeds City West we are always striving to deliver the highest standard of customer service and I am delighted that Libby embodied this for you during your visit to us, I will ensure that she sees your review as I am sure she will be over joyed.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post a review of your stay, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel last night (15/6/13) for my best friends hen party!

The gentleman at reception was very helpful and also moved our room onto the same floor as our friends when he found out we were on a different floor.

The room was clean and tidy! We had a very good nights sleep and found the bed very comfortable especially after a night of dancing!

We didnt eat or drink in the restaurant so I cant comment on that but we did have breakfast in the morning, for £8.25 you can eat as much as you like from hot food to cereals plus hot and cold drinks, I was even offered a choice of how my egg was cooked!

Everyone of our party of 12 were very happy with the hotel! We would like to thank the reception staff for being so polite and friendly!

• Stayed: June 2013
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

HI Flower29uk,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay here on Trip Advisor, your feedback on your stay is always very welcome.

I was delighted to read of your great experience for you and all of your party and would welcome the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Stay here for business Regularly The staff seem to get louder and have no filter
Laurie is fantastic very professional and should be working at a 5 diamond hotel Some of the restaurant staff are horrible and uncouth Chistine was miserable and never came to our table or even looked our way Nathan is a credit to the hotel too Janessa is great Shakeel is inexperienced Briony and the bar maid just shout across the restaurant at each other
Think this will be my last stay here

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room

Hi capperju,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay here on Trip Advisor, your feed back on your stay is always very much appreciated.

I was very disappointed to read of your mixed experiences with the team, we always strive to deliver the highest standards in customer service and I am sorry that you feel that we have not met that standard.

Thank you once again for your comments,

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Due to working around the UK at present I have stayed in a number of Premier Inns in the last 3 weeks. The rooms here are much the same as other Premier Inns.
What does make Leeds West stand out from the others is the staff. From reception to the room maids they all seem cheery. However special mention should go to the breakfast staff - Karl and Christine who wait-on and the chef for providing a great start to the day.

Room Tip: Top floor, over reception.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Hi sylvansteve,

I am sure that Karl, Christine and Aga (our breakfast chef) will be absolutely delighted that they made such a difference to your stay & I shall certainly ensure that they see your review.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post a review and recognising those whom made a difference to your stay. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Stopped here last week, easy access from motorway and into the city. Much noise from the road and railway but the efficient double glazing eliminated most of it. The only gripe I have is the curtains are so thin you can almost see through them. Bathroom clean and tidy, no complaints. I'd stay there again. I've never had a decent night's sleep in a hotel, it must be me missing me own bed!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Hi bertthefish,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our stay here on Trip Advisor, your feedback on your stay is always very much appreciated.

I was surprised to read your comment regarding the curtains in your room as all of our rooms are fitted with double lined 'black out' curtains, all of which were replaced in October, I would therefore be grateful if you could contact me directly at site so that I may investigate further.

Thank you once again for your feedback, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back agin soon.