“Great stay at this premier inn! ”

Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel
Ranked #14 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
“Great stay at this premier inn! ”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed over with my friends when visiting leeds for a birthday night out. The girl i think was called leanne made us very welcome and advised us on the best places where to go. Thanks to her we had the best night. Really enjoyed it and will use premier inns in future

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Hi Becky E,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor. We love reading feedback and always share it with all the team. Im really glad Leanne's local nightlife knowledge ensured you went to the best places for your party,

Thank you once again for your review, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds City West again in the near future.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here valentines weekend as a little break away.
i'd never stayed in a premier inn before as we usually stay in the same hotel when we go away this time of year - usually go to Edinburgh but booked up Leeds as a last minute thing.
the room was very cheaply priced at around £50 - which for valentines weekend i was expecting to pay a lot more!
the hotel parking was good, plenty of spaces with a smaller car park to the front and a much larger one to the rear of the hotel.
the staff on reception were spot on! lovely and pleasant and very helpful. on the night one of the girls recommended a lovely little pub/restaurant and gave us details of the valentines menu which they had on for the weekend. The same girl also booked us a taxi with a local firm and even chased it up when it took ages to turn up!
the room was lovely and spacious, very clean and the bed was huge which was a nice change - my partner is 6 foot 7 and often finds it difficult to get comfy in most hotel rooms as the beds arent usually as big!
All in all we had a brilliant weekend away and the staff here made it extra pleasant for us, would definitely recommend to anyone looking to stay in Leeds!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi natalie22-x,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is more than welcome and always very appreciated. I was delighted to be able to read that your Valentines stay was a great first experience with Premier Inn. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds City West again in the near future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My job takes me around the country and I stay at premier Inn's wherever I go. Most people believe that every premier inn is the same and they would be correct when it comes to the room layout. The difference however with Leeds West comes down to the friendliness of the majority of the reception and restaurant staff members. Leanne is fantastic and I echo the comments below about her friendly nature. You receive a warm welcome at Leeds West which is why I always choose this venue despite having the option of three other Premier Inn's within the Leeds area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hi Nathan J,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor, your feedback is very much appreciated and always welcome. I was personally thrilled to read the title of your review as it is something which is very close to my heart and the company ethos. Leanne as one of our newest members of our team is certainly making a big impression on our guests with her warm, genuine nature and caring attitude.

Thank you once again for your kind review. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds City West again in the near future.

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Had a belated Valentine's night away with my fiancé. Stayed on a Friday night and was warmly welcomed by the reception lady. It's on a business park which is weird but only paid £29 and was very happy with it anyway!!

Got to our room and it was lovely and clean and we could see the fair. Got good directions from reception to get to White Rose Shopping Centre as we love Nando's but there is also a Frankie & Benny's there too. Had a great night's sleep as always. Didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that.

Was going to get the bus into town but it was cheaper to share a taxi with a couple of lads that was getting the bus too so shared and it cost £6 to the train station and the bus was £2.40 single.

Hoping to go back with my sister and her husband so see you soon :-)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Lefty73,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor, your comments and feedback are always welcome and very much appreciated. Delighted that you and your fiancé had a great stay with us. My team and I look forward to welcoming you, your sister and her husband back to Leeds City West in the near future.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Staff very friendly as always.

But....

we had the same problem with dreadful noise from the window in high winds that has been previously reported here on Jan 8th. We were told that the hotel was full and that nothing could be done until the following day, when we were moved ttoo another room. We had to open the window and put up with traffic noise and draughts instead. Our family of four slept very little on the first night of our stay because of this.

Also, the restaurant ran out of bacon one morning and a member of staff had to go to the supermarket to buy some more. Top marks for initiative, but how can a hotel run out of bacon?

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Simon M
Hi Simon M,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor. Unfortunately the guest you refer too from the 8th Jan never contacted me to enable me to isolate where these issues are coming from. I would therefore like to extend the same offer to yourself (operationsmanager.leedscitywest@premierinn.com). The further issues regarding the bacon were unfortunately an unforeseen delivery issue which was not dealt fully.

At Premier Inn it remains our objective to deliver the highest standard of customer service and I feel on this occasion we did not deliver this promise to you. I do hope that you will contact me on the above e-mail and also return to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for business would highly recommend! Thanks to Leanne at reception who's so lovely and friendly a real credit to your company! and bryony at the bar all the staff were great really pleasant and would definetely stay ere again! The food and service were spot on looking forward to coming back already! Thanks!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hi Robert C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor, your feedback is always very welcome and much appreciated.

I was delighted to read that your stay and your restaurant were exactly what you were looking for and that Leanne and Bryoni were a part of that., I have made sure that both have seen your review and they were both very grateful for your comments.

Thank you once again for contributing a review to our hotel, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds City West in the near future.

Northallerton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I was staying at the Premier Inn for work. Having had a long day at work I arrived at the premier inn and was looking forward to wallowing in the bath. I opened my room and realised it was massive- and the bed was comfy. I quickly headed into the bathroom and that's when I realised why the room was so massive- it was a disabled room.

No problem I thought - in fact I appreciated the space. I started running the bath and was amazed how quickly it filled up. I then went to get in it. My first problem was there was a disabled hand rail that came a good six inches across the bath tub. So as I am not the thinnest person in the world this meant I had to slot myself under the bar- not ideal. The other issue was the bath was quite shallow. Now I understand I was in a disabled room and this might be part of the reason but this bath was neither use nor or ornament. I like the water in the bath to be sufficiently deep enough to cover at least 2/3 of my body.

I didn't mention this at the time as I didn't have chance. But it wasn't ideal- I need a bath I can wallow in!

Room Tip: If you like a bath please make sure your not in a disabled room as the bath is neither use nor ornam...