“Great stopover for football”

Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel
Ranked #16 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Braintree, United Kingdom
“Great stopover for football”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Our stay at Leeds city west was all we could have asked for. The room was clean nice fresh bed linen on an extremely large comfy bed. Staff were friendly and very helpful . Breakfast was first class hot tasty food and nice staff cheating to us about the football.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mandy W
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Hi Mandy W,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor, your feedback about your stay is always welcome and very much appreciated.

We are always pleased to host supports visiting Elland Road weather they be home or travelling support as we have always found both groups of supporters to be both exceptionally passionate and very courteous and friendly. Im delighted that you found the team equally friendly and enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you once again for posting a review of your stay, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds City West again in the near future.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Wilton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

There is never anything to explore or discover about a Premier Inn and this was no exception. Good location, decent parking and very purple! A Premier Inn is never as cheap as is regularly perceived but it does as it says otherwise.
Cant say the service was particularly good on this occasion especially when the restaurant was full and they said ' 'We do room service' but really meant 'we will call you when its ready to come down and collect'
Just standard Premier Inn, clean, efficient, but no character

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank margatekid
Hi Margatekid,

I’m disappointed to read your feedback regarding the unwelcoming nature of the team you encountered. We are unfortunately not able to offer a room service facility however guests are welcome to take any food & drink ordered back to their room if they so choose. I will certainly address the way this is conveyed to our guests with the Restaurant team.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I arrived at 20:30 last night to check in, after a long day and a long drive to get there. Laurie was on the recpetion desk. She's chatting to me as she's checking me in, with a naturally friendly and welcoming style.... then, as she is processing my booking, she sings my name! Not loud or shouty, but sweet and mellow! I've checked in to hundreds of hotels in the UK through the years and never, ever has anyone sung my name whilst checking me in! Priceless - its great when people bring their personality to work and do something that makes a customers day.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hi Mark J,

Your review actually made me laugh out loud! Laurie is a fantastic individual and really cares about our guests and her personality shines through whilst dealing with all who visit our hotel.

Thank you once again for posting a review of your stay, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds City West again in the near future, although I cant promise we will sing to you every time I hope you find future stays to be as welcoming!

Redcar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Very friendly and helpful reception staff. Location was a little out of leeds but a short taxi (£6) journey wasn't a big problem. Room was as always with premier inn, roomy, warm and clean. Recommend this hotel if visiting leeds.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hi AndyO1960,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor, your feedback on your stay is always welcome and very much appreciated.

I’m really pleased that your stay lived up to everything you would have expected and that the team were integral to that experience. My team and I Look forward to being able to be able to welcome to you back to Leeds City West again in the near future.

Reading
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Hotel is only a 15 minute walk to Leeds United and Elland Road. Just off the M621 so very easy to find. Comfortable & modern with plenty of parking. Perfect for the football. A typical Premier Inn with friendly staff and a good breakfast!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hi CradsonHols,

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed here recently for a stag weekend and had a great time! Hotel was spot on and staff were friendly, especially Leanne on reception who was helpful and not afraid to have a laugh with our group, definitely made our stay all the better and would recommend staying here to anyone visiting Leeds!

• Stayed March 2014
Hi gd1984,

I’m delighted to read that you Leanne had such a positive impact on your stay and your group and that she was an integral part of your enjoying your stay with us. I have made sure that your comments have been shared with Leanne and she was thrilled to hear your comments.

Thank you once again for your feedback. My team and I Look forward to being able to be able to welcome to you back to Leeds City West again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed for one Friday night in March 2014 as we were watching a Leeds United Match at Elland Road on the Saturday.

The hotel was easy to find and located in a nice quiet location. There is a motorway that backs onto the hotel, but we hardly heard it.

The room itself was clean and perfect for what we needed. We had a large double bed, shower/bath and a flat screen tv.

There is a restaurant in the hotel, but no room service which wasn't great :( Breakfast is around £9 which included a hot breakfast which was very nice.
The reception in the hotel was open 24 hours, great if you had any queries.

I booked the hotel as it was close to Elland Road. I thought we could walk but found this wasn't the case when we got there. We had a car so the distance to the ground from the hotel was brill as the drive was only around 5/10 minutes at the most. I believe a taxi would be quite cheap too and I did see many buses which could get you to the ground too.

Overall, great hotel, great value for money and highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2014
Hi Hlsxo,

As you mentioned, we are both really close to the motorway and Elland Road stadium, we do have a number of regular guests who do walk to Elland Road on game day but I would certainly recommend a short taxi ride if your not sure.

Im delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to be able to welcome to you bacdk to Leeds City West again in the near future.