“not a good experience!”

Ranked #16 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
“not a good experience!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

i stayed at this premier inn when i was working away on buisness for 4 nights. It was on a lunch and breakfast package and i had a double room to myself.

The room itself was clean and spacious but the staff there are just terrible!

i travel alot and i would say this hotel was probally one of the worst i have stayed in a while"

The food was ok, nothing special, the set menus have alot to choose from, but after a a few nights you soon get bored of the same things.

One night i waited nearlly an hour for my meal after i had been at work all day and when it came the chicken was pink and the wine had grease floating on the top. The staff were more interested in standing round talking than asking if i wanted anything else and i soon got up and left and went to my room.

Breakfast was nice, good selection but again the staff just stood around talking and slating each other rather than cleaning the tables.

When ordering a taxi i was late for work once and the receptionist gave my taxi to someone else and just looked at me blankley when i asked if she would call for another taxi for me.

All in all im glad the company paid for this and not me as i wouldnt of been very happy!

Room Tip: Alot of business people seem to stay in this hotel so if your wanting a quiet nights sleep then ask...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank turnerfamily6
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
HI Turnerfamily6,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor, your feedback on your stay is always very welcome and very much appreciated.

I am very disappointed to read of the sub-standard level of service you received whilst you stayed at Leeds City West, I hope by looking at the majority of other feedback on here you would acknowledge that this is far from the norm. Your comments have been raised and highlighted to the Restaurant and the Receptions teams.

At Premier Inn we are always striving to deliver the highest standards of service and value, I am personally disappointed to read that on this occasion we fell short of this ambition. I do however hope that you return to Leeds City West Premier Inn in the near future where I would hope that the team would be able to restore a little faith in Premier Inn.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Appleby-in-westmorland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I've never stayed at a Premiere Inn before and I was very impressed.
The location wasn't as easy to find as I expected however a good see to visit friends in South Leeds.
Though busy it was quiet and I had no problem getting a table for breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
HI Karen M,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor. Im pleased that you chose us for your first visit to a Premier Inn, and delighted that you were impressed with the facilities and service provided.

Thank you once again for posting a review with us, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds City West again in the near future.

Billingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We booked this hotel after reading reviews on TripAdvisor and found this looked the best, closest to where we were going. We weren't disappointed! The staff were friendly and the place very clean. There were a few stag and hen do's staying the same time as us but thankfully we never heard a noise from them.
Would recommend to anyone planning a trip or night out in the city center.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Ange C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on trip advisor, guests feedback on their stay is something that we really enjoy reading. I delighted to read that we lived up to your expectations and I will also be sure to pass on your comments to the nights team as we know that stag and hen groups can be a little loud from time to time!!

Thank you once again for your comments, my team and I look forward to welcoming your back to Leeds City West again in the near future

Whickham, Newcastle Upon Tyne
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed at this Premier Inn to break up journey. Very welcoming staff on arrival. Speedy check in. Staff in bar restaurant area also very welcoming. Enjoyed food from restaurant. Relaxed atmosphere. Would definitely stop here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hi GLSA19,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor, your feedback and comments are always welcome and very much appreciated. I am delighted to read that your stay delivered all you would have wanted and hope that you return soon to Leeds City West.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Another business trip got me going to Leeds were I have never been before and so was a bit worried about the hotel location and quality as I have heard different things about Leeds.

Never fear premier inn is here LOL !! yet another great hotel stay rooms clean and large nice area easy parking free of charge on site just far enough from the main road for peace and quiet but close enough to hit the city in minutes also the local massive shopping centre located 1.4 miles down the main road.

The restaurant was fantastic service was excellent apart from 1 morning where a female member of staff was so clearly annoyed as she was on her own she was walking around mucking orders up including giving my order to the guy that was 5 minutes after me coming in but reception dealt with this and the ladies on reception done the hotel proud always had a smile and advice on routes to take etc great reception staff make the place and they certainly did.

Keep up the good work and hope to hear the reception ladies get a well done they deserve it and the dark haired lady that dealt with my complaint was excellent no ifs or buts a straight forward I will sort that out for you sir and all was done.

Well done Leeds West Premier Inn

Room Tip: Book early all of the rooms are very quiet but I had a front facing room and it was so peaceful yet...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Darren G
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
HI Darren G,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor, your feedback on your stay is always welcome and very much appreciated. Whist I am really pleased that we were able to resolve your issues I would like to take this opportunity to apologise that these issues arose in the first instance.

Overall I was delighted to read your feedback and would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments. My team and I look forward to being able to welcome you back to Leeds CIty West in the near future.

Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Perfect after a terrible experience in a nearby B&B! And cheaper!
Staff really lovely and helpful...advised us on our rights and gave us an emergency last minute room!
Moral of the story..stick with premier inn!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Hi J_P743,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on trip advisor your feedback is extremely important to us. I'm sorry that you had to go through what you elude too as a horrific experiance in a B&B before you came to us but really pleased that we were able to accommodate you and that your stay with us was a pleasant one.

Thank you once again for posting your feedback, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds City West again in the near future

Billingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed when visiting my daughter in Leeds Centre Very clean and modern We did not have breakfast or dinner but that was because we were eating out in Leeds Very friendly staff and really helpful I liked that you check in from 2pm and don't have to check out until 11am

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Hi Ruth C,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us here on Trip advisor, your feedback on your stay is incredibly valuable in helping us constantly strive to deliver better and better guest experiences. I also just wanted to let you know that our check out time is not until 12 - you could have had a little longer if you would have liked.

Thank you once again for your feedback, my team and I look forward to being able to welcome you back to Leeds City West again in the near future.