“A quality bargain stay”

Ranked #17 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“A quality bargain stay”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Took a chance on a bargain room offer and was not disappointed. Whilst premier Inn seem to always provide comfort and service this was better than others.
The staff especially receptionist Laurie was a gem. £6 taxi into town and £5 was reasonable.
We had a drink in the bar area and was well received.
The room was very clean and the bed so comfortable.
We were concerned that noise may be an issue from local roads and coming and going of guests but none of that. A perfect nights sleep.
Though this room was rock bottom rate the quality was very high.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trevor B
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Hi Bichard,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor, I see that you are a very active member on the Trip Advisor community and am delighted that you found Leeds City West to your liking. I have ensured that Laurie has seen your kind comments and they will be shared with the rest of the team in due course.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your thoughts on your stay with us. My team and I look forward to being able to welcome you back to Leeds City West again in the near future.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Grayshott, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Premier Inn is the hotel of choice for my business trips as they are always consistent, regardless of location. The Premier Inn in Leeds City West is no exception. Great value, comfortable beds, good on-site restaurant, free parking.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank aerdt
Hi aerdt,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor, your thoughts and feedback on your stay is always welcome and very much appreciated. Im am delighted that we are your hotel of choice when you are on your travels and that Premier Inn has always delivered on your expectations, I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Leeds City West again in the near future.

Patrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed at the Premier Inn for two nights over Easter as a base to explore the Dales and West Yorkshire.
Check in was extremely good, very pleasant and helpful receptionist. Room was good, everything we needed, very comfortable bed and clean.
We took advantage of the meal deal as we have done before. Saturday night was very busy in the restuarant with some large parties booked in, but the staff took it all in their stride and coped admirably. It did mean our meal lasted a bit longer than normal but the food was very good.
Sunday night was just the opposite, very quiet so we were a lot quicker.
Breakfasts were excellent, good choice of both hot and cold food.
Overall our stay was very enjoyable, as we expected from the Premier Inn chain.
This was one of the few Premiers that didn't hike up their prices because it was Easter, so excellent value for money.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor so could hear those above us on occasions. Probably top floor is best.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EastYorkshireTerry
Hi EastYorkshireTerry,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor. Your feedback and thoughts are always welcome and very much appreciated.

I am sorry that your meal on the Saturday night took longer than you would have ideally liked and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your understanding with regards to just how busy the restaurant was. Im also very pleased that you felt your stay overall represented excellent value for money.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post a review of your stay. My team and I look forward to being able to welcome you back to Leeds City West again in the near future.

Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Premier Inn Leeds west, a little away from the City Centre(5 mins in a taxi) but good location, away from noise and central to the venue we were visiting - John Charles centre for sport!
The staff gave the Premier Inn a good feel, welcoming, friendly and looked after! The hotel is smartly decorated, comfy and just pleasant to be in, the bar restaurant area was very relaxed, no need to trek into the city if you don't want to, although if on a shopping trip, the hotel was peaceful to return to, even though it was busy over the Easter weekend! A great stay for swimmers, who need peace and sleep!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
HI Dieane G,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor, your feedback is always welcome and very much appreciated. Thank you for your kind comments on the team, I will be sure to share your comments with them. We look forward to being able to welcome you back to Leeds City West again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed at Premier Inn Leeds city west 18th April, check in was fast swift, we was very well received. I has a slight problem with security that night and that was resolved very efficiently by hotel manager Ben. Very very happy with the service received by staff at the Hotel. Despite my problem with security I will defiantly stay at this Hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014
HI Meltooray,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor, and also for taking the time to talk with me about some of the great experiences you had and your kind words about the team as well as clarifying the issue involving the security guard.

I hope that the discussion that we had and the actions we have taken as a result of those discussions have re-affirmed how seriously we take our good night guarantee and our level of customer service. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds CIty West Premier Inn in the near future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed here with my husband in March for a night out round Leeds and stayed here in November with my sister in law (again a night out around Leeds). Can't complain about the location at all, 5 min taxi ride into Leeds, perfect for stags/hens/nights out. Rooms are always clean and up to scratch, cannot praise the housekeeping team enough!! Food is great, always look forward to a Premier Inn breakfast anyway, but the stars of this Hotel areChristine in the restaurant, and Aga in the kitchen, they're amazing at their job and practically ran the breakfast shift when it got busy. My hat off to you girls! If you here on business, or with kids I would stay in the rooms at the front of the hotel rather than the back as they are more quiet away from traffic, otherwise 5 stars!!

Room Tip: Choose rooms at the front of the hotel facing the lifts if you are with children or are light sleepe...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Nina S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor, your feedback & comments on your stay are always welcome and very much appreciated.

I was delighted to read your outstanding feedback and I will be sure to pass on your comments to both the housekeeping team and Aga & Christine. It is very rare that a chef or indeed housekeeping get recognise for the outstanding work that they deliver as they do not tend to encounter many guests. Thank you for acknowledging this vital role in the guest experiance.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your thoughts on your visit to us, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds City West again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Oh dear ... I have stayed at Premier Inn's all over the country on numerous occasions and never had a problem, until we stayed her last weekend (11th and 12th April)

Myself and 9 friends all stayed at this hotel as we were in town for my hen weekend and had chosen this hotel because it was relatively cheap for the weekend and only a 5 minute taxi ride from the centre of Leeds - Can't fault the location unless you want to walk in which case it will take about 45mins to an hour. We checked in shortly after 2pm on Friday afternoon which was a lengthy process, as we were a group booking and the rooms were under different surnames, the reception staff seemed confused about our allocated rooms and it took a good half hour to get us all checked in which should of taken about 5, probably because they were chatting amongst themselves at the same time. Around 7pm the same day, 2 more friends arrived and checked-in at reception but unfortunately they were checked into our room instead of their own!! Luckily we knew the 2 girls who had been given keys to a room that had already been allocated to us as we were sat in our underwear getting ready for a night out!! Those guests could have been anyone and if we weren't in the room when they came walking in our possessions including ipads and money would have been!! We went rushing to reception to sort out the error but the staff didn't seem interested, there was no apology and it took 2 members of staff to try and sort the problem, neither one of them seemed interested or had a clue what they were doing and kept talking amongst themselves why we stood in reception waiting around which didn't impress me at all. The following morning when Reception Manager was on duty we complained to her, but her answer was "I'll refund you the room" yeah that's all good but it was only £30 to start off with so that wasn't the issue, it was the fact that 2 other guests had been checked into a room which had already been allocated on the system.

The rooms themselves are great, really spacious, good space for storage and more importantly they are clean. Shame the cups on the sideboard still had rings around the inside where the last people to use them had left coffee which had made a stain that would have easily rubbed off had they been cleaned...

We ordered food to our room on the Saturday night so we could eat whilst getting ready, can't fault the food it was prepared in good time and the chef rings you to let you know its ready to collect. We were told to leave the tray outside the room door for the night porters to collect which we did about 6.30pm on the Saturday, when we checked out at 12.15 on the Sunday the tray was still beside our door but with left over food scattered around it, so it hadn't been moved and someone had kicked it knocking food over the carpets. When we went upto another friends room who was staying on the 3rd floor during Saturday daytime there was trays of food outside a few doors and guess where they still were when we checked out? The night porters at this hotel are absolutely useless evidently!

I'm really really not a person to complain about hotels (although this will sound hard to believe reading the above), my god I've stayed in some bad hotels but I just can't believe how bad our stay was here, definitely a first for Premier Inn who are usually flawless!

Three other friends stayed in Leeds City East and had no problems whatsoever with their stay, so anyone looking to stay in a premier inn at Leeds I would definitely say swerve Leeds City West and pay a few extra pound to stay at one of the others!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Hi Bec S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor and also for taking the time to discuss with me in over the phone some of the issues that you raised. I hope that our discussions went a long way to restoring your faith in Premier Inn and in Leeds City West.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me, I appreciate being able to discuss these things in person as they often provide far more insight. I do hope that you will return to Leeds City West again in the future.