“'Good night Gaurantee' - I think not!!”

Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel
Ranked #16 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Ely
“'Good night Gaurantee' - I think not!!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Having stayed here a lot recently I have found the room/s that suits me. I do not like being on the ground floor and so always call the day before to request a high floored room. So as requested by the hotel staff previously I always ring the day before to request the room/s. So on checking in tonight after a long drive, to be told the person (name withheld)who took my call yesterday has not reserved my room request.
How does that fit with the Premier Inns 'Good night guarantee' I wonder????

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Hi Sylvansteve,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here at Leeds City West, Your feedback on your stay is always appreciated.

I am very disappointed to hear that on this occasion we did not meet your requests, we go to great lengths to ensure that as many requests as possible are met and would like to take this opportunity to appologise for not being able too on this occasion.

Thank you once again for your feedback, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds City West in the near future.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Coleraine, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Unfortunately my 1st experience with this premier inn was bad. I had phoned a couple of days before arrival asking for high floor forward facing rooms (i had booked 3 rooms) i was told on the phone i would be on the 3rd facing front. When we arrived just after 2pm after a long day travelling we were told our rooms were on the 1st floor with 2 of the rooms facing the back (overlooking the bins). We were given lots of reasons why and i didn't feel we had any choice but to accept the rooms given. This is only the 2nd hotel not to meet my requests so disappointed. Now for the good stuff... the rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable and big, kettle tea and coffee in the room and a hairdryer. We were able to get an iron and ironing board from reception when we needed one. The bar staff were polite and friendly. The bathroom had a bath and shower all clean (good shower) No phone in the rooms so when one of us had a disturbed 2nd night because of people in room above he had to put up with it or else he would have had to get up and go down to reception (which would have disturbed his sleep even more!!) For the price we paid it was good value and despite not getting the rooms we wanted i think i would stay here again.

Room Tip: Not sure if it's worth making any room requests as we got the opposite of what we asked for.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
HI Coleraine3,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor, your feedback on your stay is always welcome and very much appreciated.

I am sorry that on this occasion we were unable to meet your allocation request, I shall be going back to the team to investigate exactly the reason your request could not have been met on this occasion, we do get a substantial number of requests in for both specific rooms and specific areas of the hotel and we always endeavour to comply with these requests so I am certainly keen to understand exactly why we were unable to do that on this occasion.

Premier Inn took the decision as a company to remove phones from the majority of the bedrooms in the estate some time ago as there was very little usage of them, in every bedroom now there is a contact number for reception should you wish to contact them for any reason.

Thank you once again for posting your thoughts on your stay with us, my team and I look forward to an opportunity to welcoming you back to Leeds City West again in the near future.

Sleaford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

An excellent, friendly, pleasant hotel. The rooms were comfortable and clean. staff efficient and friendly. Breakfast very good. Would definitely stay again and already looking to same hotel next year

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Helenhjc,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here at Leeds City West. Your feedback is always welcome and very much appreciated. Im delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us, I will ensure that the team read your comments.

Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts on your stay with us. My team and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Leeds City West again in the near future.

Yarm, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Huge room booked for only £25 on a bank holiday Sunday in Leeds city centre ! Really good value for money, extremly clean and the staff were very helpful. Only fault was that there was no phone for room service ect.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Hi Sarah W,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here at Leeds City West, my team and I read all reviews that are posted and are always eager to learn about peoples experiences with us.

Whilst it is true that we no longer have phones in the rooms, as a company we have found that very very few guests ever used them, therefore the decision was taken to remove them, we have however ensured that the contact number for reception should you require to contact the front desk is in every single too across the Premier Inn estate. This can be found at the foot of your bed when you check in.

Other that this I am pleased that you enjoyed your sty with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

After an unpleasant experience in another hotel, we booked one night in this hotel, and everything was better than our other hotel. Premier Inns are very reliable. Not fancy, but what they do, they do perfectly. Comfy bed, good shower, and 100% nonsmoking, a big plus for me. And always pleasant, helpful customer service.

The website warns that there may be motorway noise, and other reviewers have commented on it, but we didn't have any issues with noise.

We arrived much too early in the day to get into our room, but the hotel stored our luggage, and we had an excellent breakfast before going out for the day. We were there for just one night and we didn't need one of our bags, so they kindly kept it downstairs for us so we wouldn't have to drag it around the hotel.

I think this is the fourth or fifth Premier Inn we've stayed at over various visits to England, and they're fast becoming our first choice when looking for a hotel.

Hi Kathy49NJ,

I am delighted that the team were able to salvage your trip to Leeds even though it was only a brief visit. At Leeds City West and indeed across all Premier Inn we believe it is the team that make the difference to your stay and I am thrilled to read that on this occasion this was certainly the case of you.

Thank you once again for your kind comments, my team and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Usual Premier Inn room standards for comfort and cleanliness, staff and restaurant very good too, only drawback for us was that it was a long walk or bus or taxi ride into the city as we didn't want to drive in. Handy for the motorway network when we left for home.

1 Thank colin299
Hi Colin299,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on trip Advisor, your comments and feedback on your stay are very much appreciated. We are based a short distance out of the city and a normal taxi fare to the city is between £6-£9 depending on where your going too. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and would love the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future

Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Noting not to like! what you expect from premier inn. Food could be a bit lower on calories as its they are very rich. Room fine, clean and spacious. As its next to motorway, sound insullation could be inproved but not disturbing

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hi Gertjan V,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor, your feedback on your stay is very much appreciated. If you have a smartphone all of our menus now have a QR scanning code which enables you to access nutritional and allergy information to make sure that you can make the best choice for you on the menu.

My team and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future