“Irritated, annoyed and confused.”

Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel
Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Attending a wedding so booked two rooms for my wife and I and our two teenage children. I was driving so no drink, wife does not drink and our two teenage children only consumed soft drinks.
Stayed at plenty of Premier Inns in the past without incident. We returned to the hotel just after midnight, we were all tired out could not wait to get to sleep. There was a doorman on duty at reception, we entered the lift, our opposite rooms were on the third floor. We entered our rooms and within minutes and got changed for bed, just got into bed when their was a knock at the door, it was the same doorman that had been at reception telling me that he could hear us in our room from the corridor outside. The following morning we carried out a noise test, my wife stood outside in the corridor outside our room whilst my son and I started a conversation inside the room. All that she could hear was very muffled voices. We swapped places and tried again, I couldn't hear them at all. "A bit weird" To add insult to injury my wife and daughters room opposite was directly above the entrance to the hotel, she ad been kept awake for two hours between 1.30am and 3.30am because of the really noisy night clubbers coming back in taxis after a good night out in the town centre. At one stage she looked out of the window, wonder what the doorman was doing whilst that was going on? We usually have the Premier Inn breakfast but not on this occasion, the price has increased to £8.75 per head. The rooms were clean and had the added bonus of air-con. We enjoy staying at Premier Inns but we will not be returning to this particular one again.

Room Tip: Heavy traffic noise from our room at the back and reveller noise from the rooms at the front. Person...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Hi Escallops,

I was disappointed to read that you felt that the security team that we employ have taken an over the top approach to noise control on the corridors at the hotel, we have certainly fed this back to the company and also directly to the person on duty that evening.

Further to this I would also be grateful if you could send me details of your stay (reservation number or date of stay and surname) so that I may investigate the issues you have raised further and take the appropriate next steps.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds City West again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Clean, comfortable rooms, beds & pillows excellent. Welcoming staff. No in room telephone! Breakfast @ £8.75 is over priced! Good dinner menu. Felt safe (female travelling on my own). Large car park..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Carole M

Hi Carole M.

Thank you for taking the time to post review of your stay with us here at Leeds City West Premier inn, your thoughts and feedback on your stay are always read and very much appreciated. We do make a number of considerations for all lone female guests as a company and I am really pleased that these amounted to you feeling safe and well accommodated during your stay with us.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Very nice hotel with incredible service. Super friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommended. Price/performance ratio was top. The rooms were quite big for my family highly recommended with fantastic breakfast . The service is very accommodating and friendly. I will recommend this hotel in any case use again

Hi Loretta E,

Thank you for taking the time to post review of your stay with us here at Leeds City West Premier inn, your thoughts and feedback on your stay are always read and very much appreciated. I am pleased to read that all aspects of your stay lived up to your expectations and I am very grateful for you sharing your thoughts on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Very nice stay would recommend to friends and family. Good service , nice clean room , good food at affordable prices , location within easy reach of town centre and Leeds Arena , breakfast times and evening meal times very good and service excellant

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BrianHull2014

Hi BrianHull2014,

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The rooms were just as you need to expect - roomy comy and clean - but when they tell you they are close to bars and restaurants beware!!! It was a £5 cab ride from the railway station - we were marooned without a car and the service at dinner was dire!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had a family room for one night to attend a concert in Leeds. Lovely hotel, friendly, helpful staff and really nice room with a huge comfy bed. Air conditioned - definite plus given the weather was hot. Breakfast was good, lots of choice. The only downside was finding the hotel among the businesses, because the sat nav sent us further up the road, it could be better signposted. There was plenty of on site parking. We were made to feel welcome and our room was spotlessly clean and tidy. I thought the soap dispensers in the bathroom for the basin and shower/bath were a good idea. We were not disturbed by noise from other guests or from outside the hotel. I have already recommended Premier Inn, and we are planning our next trip too.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Hi Yorkshirepud2014,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor, your feedback on your stay is always valuable and very much appreciated.

Hope that you and your family enjoyed the concert you came to see, Im delighted to read your stay with us was a pleasant one and that the team were a big part of that.

Thank you once again for your feedback. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds City West.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

No problems with arrival. A large car park with lots of spaces. The receptionist was pleasant and efficient and there was no queue to check in. They had correct booking details.

The room was warm, clean, spacious, comfortably furnished and decorated to a good level as with all Premier Inns. The bathroom was equally clean, modern and in perfect working order, with enough towels for 3 of us. Sadly after our first night of our two night stay, the room was not cleaned at all, the maid had clearly not set foot in the room. I had to go and get clean towels and toilet roll as basics to at least see us through for the rest of our stay. Reception did briefly apologise, but it's not good enough to have this happen.

For entertainment, there is nearly the full range of Freeview TV and radio channels, which is excellent. There is broadband, free for the first 30 minutes.

The hotel is not directly in the city centre, but it's only a short drive away. The location is excellent for getting about to explore visitor attractions in Yorkshire.

Breakfast was cooked to order on our first morning and buffet style on our second morning when it was busier, and was good quality, with a standard selection of hot and cold food; but the cooked to order clearly had the edge on the buffet. The price of breakfast if you haven't got it with the evening meal deal seemed expensive, but you can have as much as you want to get your money's worth.

We ate in the adjacent restaurant, a Thyme restaurant, each evening of my three night stay, because there is nothing else nearby - except a Burger King. We had the dinner and breakfast meal deal, where you can choose anything from the evening meal menu, which turned out to be great value for money. The food was good quality and excellent sized portions.

For the rate per room, for 3 of us staying in it, on an advance booking, it was good value for money. We would stay again if we could get the same rate; if we could be sure that our room would be cleaned.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hi Fomzine,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here at Leeds City West. Your feedback on your stay is always welcome and very much appreciated.

I am incredibly disappointed to read that the room was not serviced after your first night, this is something which is obviously not acceptable by our standards and something that if you able to supply more details (your name, room number and date of stay) then I will certainly investigate further. If you would care to forward any of the details regarding your stay to operationsmanager.leedscfitywest@premierinn.com then I would really appreciate the opportunity to rectify this moving forward.

Thank you once again for your feedback, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds City West again in the near future.