“EXCEPTIONAL STAFF at the Premier Inn Leeds City Centre North”

Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel
Ranked #6 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“EXCEPTIONAL STAFF at the Premier Inn Leeds City Centre North”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I wanted to take this opportunity to write about the exceptional customer service I have experienced from the staff at the Premier Inn at Clay Pitt Lane in Leeds during my stays there over the past 6 months. Although I have stayed in a range of hotels all over the world, I have never experienced the quality and level of customer service that I have received from the staff at the Premier Inn, Clay Pitt Lane, Leeds.
Whilst I live and normally work in the South of England, in May this year, I secured a temporary role with another organisation for a year. As a result, I need to travel to and stay over in Leeds for one or two nights per week. For the first few weeks, myself and a colleague booked rooms in hotels nearest to where we were working. However, on one particular week, all of these hotels were full and the only availability we could find was at the Premier Inn, City Centre North, in Clay Pitt Lane. We therefore booked into this hotel as a one off, expecting it to be pretty basic.
Right from the outset when we arrived at the Premier Inn, the staff were really welcoming, friendly and kind. Alan on reception explained all the arrangements and efficiently checked us in. When we went to our rooms, we found these to be superb. It is a new hotel and therefore has recently been furnished with rooms that feel fresh and spacious and with all the essentials that you need. However more importantly they are well maintained and kept sparklingly clean by the staff.
I then went down to eat in the restaurant, which had a nice homely feel. I was met by Randa who was also really welcoming and friendly. She was highly professional and helpful, took my order and I quickly received my food. The quality of food was also excellent and I really enjoyed the meal. I then went to my room and had a great night’s sleep, as the rooms are really comfortable.
Because of the quality of accommodation but more importantly the professionalism, efficiency and warmth of the staff who work in the hotel, my colleague and I decided to arrange to stay at the Premier Inn each week for the remainder of the year rather than to return to the other hotels in Leeds in which we had previously been staying. We have therefore been staying at the Premier Inn each week since that time.
The second time I stayed at this hotel the following week, I was once again highly impressed with the way in which I was treated by the staff. On the particular day that I arrived, I had been up since 4am and had spent the usual three and a half hours on a train getting to London initially. After a long day’s work there, I then had to get the train from London to Leeds (a further two and a half hour journey). Unfortunately, I ended up running late from work, missed my train to Leeds, and had to get a later train, which was really overcrowded and then was delayed halfway. It was a really terrible journey. By the time I got to the Premier Inn it was around 10:30pm and I was really tired and fed up. Having checked in, I went downstairs to get a drink.
On walking in, I was met by Martin who was so friendly and welcoming and really happy and jokey. He helped me choose a really nice wine and chatted to me as he served me. His whole attitude and approach really cheered me up. After such a terrible day, it was so nice then to arrive at the hotel and be served by someone that was friendly, kind, helpful and fun.
The following week I was eating dinner on my own in the restaurant and Martin looked after me and made sure all was ok. He even took the trouble to engage me in conversation with a lovely family who he sat on the table next to me and I had a great evening talking to those other guests who were equally as impressed with the hotel.
Martin is like a breath of fresh air. He is consistently welcoming and friendly every time we stay there and always seems really pleased to see us. He is always happy and joking with all of the guests and singing at breakfast (although he will never make the X factor live show!). He creates a great atmosphere in the hotel for the guests and the other staff in the team. He is also really thoughtful. During my stay last week, I was late coming down for breakfast, having had to sort out a work issue, so I didn’t have much time to drink or eat before I had to leave. Martin therefore showed me where they have coffee to take away and even offered to make me a sandwich to take away with me!
My colleagues and I continue to see Randa on the evenings that we stay there. She always looks after us really well and is really professional as well as friendly and good fun. We will never forget her description of extra chips as a “chip upgrade”. She is also extremely thoughtful and cares about her guests. One evening two colleagues and I went to eat in the restaurant. On another table, two elderly male guests clearly had had a lot to drink and started to try to make conversation with us. On seeing this, Randa came over to us and carefully and professionally (without the knowledge of the two men) took the trouble to check out that we were ok with everything and did not have any problems with those guests. Whilst we confirmed that we didn’t, she continued to monitor and make sure we were ok during our meal.
Since meeting Alan on reception the first time we arrived, he has continued to be a constant welcoming presence whenever we arrive. Even after we had stayed just once, the next time he remembered us, and is always pleased to see us. He always ensures that he organises the booking of our rooms so that, if my colleagues are with me, then we are able to stay in rooms close to each other. He organises taxis for us in the morning and always ensures that no other people on the street steal our cab, which they are in the habit of doing. He also always makes a point of talking to us and checking out that we are OK with everything which we really appreciate.
I take the opportunity to eat in the restaurant every week. Every member of staff I have met has been great. In particular, one evening I was eating on my own once again and was served by Christina. She was also not only also really helpful and efficient but really friendly and bubbly and made a point of talking to me as I was eating on my own. She also constantly checked that all was OK and I had everything I needed.
The staff that I have named above particularly deserve to be mentioned because they are the staff that I have had most dealings with and with whom I have been exceptionally impressed. It is the case however that every member of staff I have come into contact with at this hotel have been equally as friendly, helpful and efficient. They always make time for their guests, however busy they are, and make everyone feel that they are important and special. They are an excellent team and it is clear that they are extremely keen to provide the best possible service to their guests and are proud of what they achieve as a team.
As a direct result of the exceptional service provided by the staff, I would highly recommend the hotel to all regardless of their reason for staying in Leeds and have already recommended the hotel to other colleagues and friends.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Jenny M, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
We are delighted that your stay with us was a good one and you will be returning to us on a regular basis. Thank you for your comments on our comfortable rooms. I will ensure the team members your feedback, as they endeavour to give all our guests a high level of service. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay; we look forward to welcoming you back. Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Had a wonderful stay in this hotel, was impressed from the start. Fresh and clean, helpful staff. Room was lovely and quite spacious. Even the bathroom had lots of room.
Bed was lovely and comfy, slept very well, no noise outside.

Had breakfast at the hotel, was plentiful, very helpful and chatty staff, explained how the 'eat as much as you like' breakfast worked. Bar was lovely too, again lovely staff, nothing was too much trouble for them.

Only one problem and its minor, didn't really like the net curtain in between the window pains, would have liked to be able to pull it aside to look outside.
Will be returning.

1 Thank indigobay1972
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Leeds, I look forward to welcoming you back soon . Kind regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2012

The staff were very friendly, welcoming, and helped us check-in within minutes. The room was larger than expected with an en-suite bathroom. It was clean, well maintained, and the features such as light and heating were easy to operate. Free wi-fi for 30mins was useful - helped us quickly find where we needed to go. Would recommend staying here because of all the above and it's close to Leeds city centre.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and grateful for your feedback . I look forward to welcoming you back to the Leed City Centre Noirth Premier Inn Kind regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager
wrocław
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I'd expected much less for the price of L29 a night and I got a very comfortable and spotlessly clean room with comfortable beds and tea and coffee making facities supplied every single day. The hotel seems to be newly refurbished. Even though it's located next to quite a noisy street, the rooms are perfectly soundproof. The location is very good within a walking distance from the railway station, city centre and the university. The staff were extremely helpful everytime I asked for something.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Jenny M, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
We are delighted that your stay with us was a good one. Thank you for your comments on our comfortable rooms. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay; we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2012

They have started doing a computer check in where you use a machine as you walk in. Supposed to get rid of manpower but there was still two staff in the reception area to help you out anyway! Very friendly and helped us out with question we had about directions. Spot on, can't fault this hotel. Nice little bar and brekfast is just as you would expect. No frills and basic but does the job. Rooms were really nice and modern. Can't fault this hotel especially for the cheap price we paid whilst on offer - £19 for a Sat night! Cheap as chips. Ten out of ten :)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Jenny M, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Leeds City Centre North Premier Inn and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager
Northallerton
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Have stayed here twice and the hotel is clean, quiet and very good value. The staff, especially Al on reception, are friendly and great to deal with. Easy walking into the City Centre and discounted parking in the Merrion Centre very close by. Beats lots of hotels I have stayed in costing three times the price.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to recieve your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back . Kind regards, Jenny Miller Operations manager
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Just returned from a 2 night weekend break which I paid only £29 a night. Car parking at the Merrion Centre a couple of minutes walk away for £6 per 24 hours. Short walk to shops/bars. Staff really friendly and helpful. Rooms comfortable and clean. Have used Premier Inn many times and will definitely continue to do so.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
I am Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Leed City Centr North Premier Inn. I look forward to your next visit. Kind regards Jenny Miller Operations Manager