“Nice City Centre Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Nice City Centre Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Stayed here for a week with our two younger granddaughters to visit other family and friends.
Very comfy beds and bedroom though storage space is limited for a weeks stay.
The room was very quiet and we all slept really well.
Ate breakfast there every morning which was very good value and evening meals a few times. Food was good.
Staff very friendly and especially kind to the children.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jenny M, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
We are delighted that your stay with us was a good one. Thank you for your comments on our comfortable rooms. Our team members will be pleased to receive your feedback, as they endeavour to give all our guests a high level of service. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay; we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Nottingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

The rooms were a perfect example of how the Premier brand should look. We booked this hotel because of a convention at the arena across the road so the location was perfect and even though there is no parking on site they offer a discounted rate at a nearby car park. Our only complaint was the waiting time for breakfast. The whole hotel was booked up due to the convention which started at 0930, meaning that everyone wanted breakfast as soon as they started serving. It would have been expedient to have ensured that there were plenty of staff available to cater for this. A minor observation that in no way detracts from this hotels excellence.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank acemedsec
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds Arena Premier Inn, Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager
Haverfordwest, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

I stayed for two nights at Premier Inn Leeds Arena to attend the Bruce Springsteen concert in July I regularly stay with this chain but felt that this experience was a real let down. Firstly the hotel seemed to be cashing in on the fact that the concert was happening and they knew they could ask a premium for fans staying as close as possible to the arena, the price for the night of the concert was significantly higher than the night before despite it being only midweek. Secondly when I arrived to check in (1.5hrs after the official advertised time) I was first unable to use the express check out as 'I had booked with booking.com and there are always problems' and then was told my room was still not ready for me and I had to wait in the bar area for a further 45 minutes. Upon arrival in my room I found the cups with the tea making facilities to be dirty and there was no soap in the toilet dispenser. The room was also quite stuffy and you could not open the window....this was a problem over night as I found the air conditioner to be noisy and disturbed my sleep but without it I was too hot. I was also kept awake by a group of guests...some may have been foreign, running up and down my corridor, banging their doors and talking loudly in the corridors most of the night, when I informed reception nothing seemed to be done as the commotion continued until after 4am. The hotel itself is in a superb location, easy to reach from the station, and next to the arena. There is a good Weatherspoon and Subway/Costa and newsagent right next to it so I had no need to have the expensive breakfast option either. Staff need to remember the 'good night guarantee' when you inform them of issues particularly if they are to expect you to pay a premium price to stay for concerts. I hope mine was an isolated experience!!

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for a room among families as this may limit the noise at night
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank shelbluvbug
Thank you for your review, we are very disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel. At Leeds Arena Premier Inn it remains our objective to deliver a high standard of service in our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel. I will then be able to investigate the issues raised. Kind Regards Jenny Miller Operations Manager
lincoln
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

My friend and I stayed for two nights at this very modern Premier Inn across the road from the Arena and about 15 minutes walk from the rail station. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. Thank you Martin for our breakfast entertainment! Thank you too to the reception staff who were always friendly and helpful. There are some lovely places to eat nearby and especially Thai Edge just near Millenium Square. We wouldn't hesitate to return to this hotel if we go back to Leeds.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank tripawayLincoln
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Leeds Arena Premier Inn. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon, Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

My friends & I stayed at the Premier Inn for two nights last weekend, as we were visiting Leeds for a hen weekend. There were 24 of us in total but only 3 in our particular room. The hotel is in a good location for the shopping centre (about 5-10 minutes walk away) and clubs, which are closer still (2 minute walk.) The car park is across the road, so keep this in mind when packing! We had lots of smaller bags & boxes (hen party memorabilia) and in hindsight it would have been much easier to amalgamate more of our things to make the trip to the hotel more manageable.
We checked in electronically & the staff were more than helpful, showing us how to use the machines correctly & offering to take some of our many bags! We then took the lift up to the 7th floor & walked down a long corridor to our room, which was large, clean & very welcoming. The bathroom was HUGE & totally immaculate, however, for three women sharing, there wasn’t enough towels. Storage was also lacking and we only had about 5 coat hangers between the three of us but apart from these small points, I can not fault the room at all.
The next morning we went down for breakfast, which was very nice. We had to order the cooked breakfast but we could request as much as we wanted of different things (I had a monster hangover so I asked for 3 of everything!) There was also cereals, muffins & croissants etc. The staff were, again, very friendly & nothing was too much trouble. When we returned to our rooms, the cleaner knocked & gave us plenty more towels & tea, coffee & milk, which was a real help!
The sleep quality was fantastic – the surrounding rooms were very quiet & the beds & pillows were very comfortable.
Overall, we had a really good stay here and would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Leeds

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Leeds Arena Premier Inn and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager
Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Just over the road from the arena. Some rooms have great views of it which is especially nice when it's lit up at night. We were on top floor in spacious, clean room with bath.
Staff were all very friendly even when rushed off there feet due to record breakfast numbers during our convention.
Had continental breakfast, hot croissants etc and costa coffee - nice variety.

Room Tip: Top floor (9th) great views
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GerkR
Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Leeds Arena Premier Inn. I look forward to your next visit. Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager
Hull
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

the stay was very convenient, but i will consider options for next year
i thought the prices of rooms were not consistent. the price of a room did not include a breakfast ! the prices in the bar were very good

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jenny M, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager