Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel
Ranked #6 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 12 January 2014

What a great place to stay with comfortable, warm, spacious rooms & friendly staff who really cant do enough for you.
We also stayed at the premier inn for our evening meal..it was an excellent meal, delicious and plentiful.
Car parking very local across at the Marriott car park £6 for 24hrs discounted by the premier inn.
We will certainly be returning to the same place the next time we visit Leeds

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Jenny M, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Leeds Arena Premier Inn. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon, Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed three nights in a family room for some New Year shopping and sightseeing. The hotel is bang opposite Leeds First Direct arena so very convenient for concerts and events. It is also only five minutes walk to the Headrow and main shops and convenient for both universities. Parking is in the arena car park just a few minutes walk (£6 a day). Our room was spacious, well-equipped and very clean. Despite being next to a fairly busy road there was no noise (we were on the 6th floor). Breakfasts were plentiful and good value (kids eat free). The staff were very friendly and helpful. We often stay at Premier Inns and have never had a bad experience - they are always good value and great for families.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Jenny M, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

We are delighted that your stay with us was a good one. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay; we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Booked in for saturday night 4th Jan14 , I found the Premier Inn never lets me down, We arrived early ,having nipped in to see where to park. Al who was on the reception was very polite explained where to go. the car park is just across the road to the Premier Inn. turn left by the Yokshire Bank, just take the ticket back and get it validated it cost £6 to park for 24hrs which i found very good,When we arrived back with our bags Al was there to greet us he was lovely and new everything of where to go around Leeds .., our room was ready. having stayed in Premier Inn before, you know what to expect,, room was very clean,.comfy bed,,we where on the 7th floor so had a lovely view of Leeds,....The city centre was about a good 10-15mins walk, had a brilliant day shopping .definitely stay again.

Room Tip: High floor for view
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Leeds. I look forward to welcoming you back at Leeds Arena Premier Inn. Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager

Reviewed 2 January 2014

If you are looking for a good night sleep and a clean room this is definitely a good choice. The location is also good - very close to the city centre. The breakfast is self service - there is a choice of many tasty dishes.
However, there is nothing exceptional about this hotel. You need to pay additionally if you want to use the Internet - you only get half an hour for free. The TV screen is small and the choice of channels is limited. The customer service could also be improved - I forgot my toothbrush and when I asked the receptionist if they have any spare toothbrushes I was given directions to the nearest shop... helpful but not exceptional....

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds Arena Premier Inn, Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Superb location, great rooms, fab price and chap parking - £6 at nearby Merrion Centre. For £25 we had a fantastic 24 hours enjoying the sights and shops and restaurants of Leeds. We will be back for more 'time out' from the children :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Leeds Arena Premier Inn. I look forward to your next visit. Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I had a great experience with the Premier Inn hotel, very easy to find and check in and very secure. The room was very clean, staff very friendly and the facilities were great. Would definitely use Premier Inn again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris F
Jenny M, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Reviewed 30 December 2013

This was my 2nd time staying at a Premier Inn. Last year I stayed at premier Inn London Kensington (Olympia) and because I was so impressed I had no hesitation in choosing this chain again when I visited Leeds. I was attending a concert with my (pensionable age) mum. If you are going to an event at the First Direct Arena you won't find a better located hotel, it is literally across the road from the venue.

We drove to Leeds and having received instructions via email from Premier Inn about where to park, everything was plain sailing. Hotel guests can park in the Merrion Centre car park at a cost of just £6 for 24hrs. My mum walks quite slowly so it took us about 7mins to walk from the car park to the hotel.

For me, the employees are what really make this chain of hotels stand out from other hotels. They are just so darn nice and helpful. Nothing ever seems too much trouble for them. For example, when you get to your room you have to push the plastic card door key into the light switch to get the lights to work. We couldn’t get our lights to come on and within 5 mins of reporting it to reception a lovely man from facilities came to our rescue.

Before the concert we went to the bar to get a coffee, I think everyone staying at the hotel that night must have been attending the concert so they all wanted feeding and watering before 7pm. It was hectic, hectic, hectic but the young woman behind the bar just kept smiling and gave full attention to each person she served.

The room was clean and well maintained, particularly the bathroom, which is always very important in my opinion, sheets and towels were fresh and the shower was good and hot with plenty of power. The room ticked all the boxes for me.

I wish we had pre-booked dinner in the restaurant before the concert. All the pre-7pm slots in the restaurant had been booked when we arrived. We tried a couple of other restaurants/café in the immediate area but they were all crammed full with people also attending the concert.
We pre-paid for the buffet breakfast. It was ‘all you can eat’, the selection is huge and the quality is of a very good standard. Information provided by the hotel advises of the busiest times for meals, this meant we managed to time our breakfast nicely but there was a very long queue by the time we were leaving the restaurant so you may need to take this in to account when planning your day.

I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Leeds, it is clean, comfortable, very well located and the staff are a credit to the company.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

We are delighted that your stay with us was a good one. Thank you for your comments on our comfortable rooms. Our team members will be pleased to receive your feedback, as they endeavour to give all our guests a high level of service. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay; we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager