“Pulling out all the stops!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel
Ranked #5 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Pulling out all the stops!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Me and the wife picked the Premier Inn because we know how comfortable those Hypnos beds are and we haven't come across a hotel that matches them.

We had originally booked three nights but could only stay the two due to a family emergency.

The check-in was hilariously handled by the receptionist on duty. It was perfect being treated as a valued customer and told about the great night sleep guarantee. A good start.

Getting your room is supplemented by an additional security measure - you need your swipe key to use the lift and get to your room. I think this is a great idea to keep the undesirables out.

The room itself was the typical fair - nice and clean with a great Hypnos bed. Tea and coffee making facilities are generous. The television was properly positioned with a good choice of channels. The bathroom appeared to bigger than usual so we could dump more stuff in there.

During our stay the lights went out in our room during one afternoon. Luckily there was a cleaner nearby and I called her. She checked it, called maintenance and two guys appeared to check the fuse box. It had tripped thanks to a dodgy bulb. A few minutes later, everything was fixed and they apologized for any inconvenience caused. That's what I call customer service (having been to more expensive places where there were issues we didn't receive this kind of treatment!).

It's worth noting you are near the Merrion centre so there are plenty of places to eat and the proximity to the centre is a bonus.

Well done Premier Inn!

Room Tip: Book early and get the room cheap.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BobsBobs
Jenny M, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Leeds.I look forward to welcoming you back at Premier Inn Leeds Arena. Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Newcastle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Lovely stay in Premier Inn, very happy with the rooms, beds are so comfortable. Staff 100% customer service!!! Martin(breakfast manager I think) helpful and cheerful man...always made sure everyone was fine and happy with there breakfast. Credit to Premier Inn. Food was great and the steak was to die for.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Susanhedley
We are delighted that your stay with us was a good one. Thank you for your comments on our comfortable rooms. Our team members will be pleased to receive your feedback, as they endeavour to give all our guests a high level of service. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay; we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Friendly pleasant staff, central location, fantastic breakfast (everything you could possibly want served until 11am), great rooms and a fab nights sleep in a comfortable bed. What more could you want???

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Premier Inn Leeds Arena and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Our first stay in a Premier Inn and I can honestly say it won't be our last. Very impressed with everything and will definately recommend to family and friends. Lovely friendly staff, exceptionally clean, didn't try the food but will next time. Thank you for getting it just right!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Premier Inn Leeds Arena, Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager
Halifax, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

The Room was spotless and was very large. On going to bed and getting up in the morning never heard a sound and one of the best nights sleep I had in a long time.

Breakfast was excellent just what I needed in the morning.

Checked in via the quick and easy machine with no problems.

Room Tip: Was on the 6th floor very quiet
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Premier Inn Leeds Arena. I look forward to your next visit. Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager
Leuven, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

The hotel is ok, staff is friendly, it is clean and convenient - close to city center of Leeds. Nothing new, but standard. Problem is that they have a scam with an internet company! You pay 16pound or more for internet connection in your room!!!!!!! You can have free internet in the lobby, but they don't really explained it to us, so our 10 year old daughter connected with her ipod and even though we did not use it even (we called the desk within the minute) they could not anything because they worked with this internet company! In these times, where you can almost find free wifi anywhere, a hotel like this should at least offer it to their costumers as well - for free!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Aida K
Beit She'an, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was a "one-nighter" as I had a 9am meeting in Leeds. I booked on line and told them that I will be arriving at the Hotel late at night.
When I arrived at 11pm, there were 2 guys at the front door. I asked them where the Parking facility was and they pointed me in the direction( about 200 meters walk away). After parking my car and walking back to the Hotel ( thankfully it wasn't raining), I checked in within 2 minutes and I was up in my room within 4.
The room was on the 9th Floor and was very large. There was a big double bed and a large sofa ( that, if necessary, opened up to another double bed). There was a large desk, tea/coffee and kettle, shelves/clothes hanging open wardrobe and the bathroom. The room was spotlessly clean and the décor looked brand new.
In the bathroom there was a wall unit next to the sink with liquid soap, and a unit containing Shower gel/shampoo on the wall in the bath/shower. There was a hand towel, large towel and a floor towel ( medium weight/quality). The bathroom was spotlessly clean too and the décor was simple but pleasant.
There was Air conditioning in the room and a flat screen TV ( a little small - could be bigger), that had loads of channels on. It was late and I did not watch anything more than the news headlines before turning off.
The room was silent. I do not know whether this was because the floor that I was on was empty, or because of soundproofing in the walls and windows. The bed was comfortable and pillows not lumpy.
In the morning, I went down for breakfast and had cereal, yoghurt, fruit . coffee and orange juice. A buffet with Full English was available ( not that I would eat it), and I think that requests for porridge or certain types of eggs were also possible, for those that wanted.
Checkout took 2 minutes. They stamped my parking ticket in order that I would get a reduced rate.( 8 GBP for the night)

Summary:
Excellent service, great rooms – large, clean and silent, good breakfast and a good location. Great value for the price.

Negative: 200 meter walk to parking and 8 pounds a night is not that cheap.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jenny M, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014