“Unpleasantly busy”

Pizza Express
Ranked #501 of 1,805 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sheffield
“Unpleasantly busy”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We visited this Pizza Express as a family of 4 during a visit to The Royal Armouries. Arrived at 11.30am on a Sunday and within almost half an hour the place was absolutely heaving and they were struggling to cope with the volume of orders. Quite a few tables were asking how much longer the food would be. A pre booked table of 9 arrived and the table wasn't ready, they very hastily pushed some together right next to us which was a bit awkward. The food was fine but the wait was too long especially with little ones. The waiter did not interact at all with the children and got one of the orders wrong.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Owl77Sheffield

Poole, United Kingdom
“Good meal. Student discount”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Great food and it takes student discount at 20 percent. Really nice meal and we will be back next time we are up.

Visited July 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Attitude”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Came in with my 2 friends and little cousin on Sunday. It was very busy and we were eventually greeted by a lovely girl called una... The table she sat us at had the sun shining directly on us and was too hot so we asked it we could move, una wanting to satisfy customers of course said yes , but when we got to another section a girl called steph told us she won't be cleaning a table for us she's too busy and she wouldn't serve us if we sat outside either so we went back to the hot table. Luckily the sun went after a few minutes. The food was ok didn't find it anything special. I recently moved to the area and thought this would be a great place on my days off to have catch ups with friends but after the way steph spoke and treated us I won't be returning!! It wasn't even what she said, it was how she said it! The worst waitress I have ever met in my life, if it wasn't for una and her politeness I would of just walked straight back out. I understand the place was busy but still, if you can't work under pressure you shouldn't be a waitress! Thank you to una for the recommendations with sharing starters, desserts etc... You should shine some of your manners on steph!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Nicole1992hackett
“Nice location pizza not at the usual standard ”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Visited the restaurant when nearby on business. Pizza Express is normally pretty reliable. But on this occasion both the starter and pizza were disappointing and burnt in places - I will try somewhere else next time.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Dissapointed”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I went with a few friends and we were disappointed. Honestly, it´s better to buy the ones that they sell in Tesco. The pizzas were small, overpriced and tasteless. The four seasons pizza actually it should be named "3 seasons and a half" (only 3 anchovies).
I wont go back again. There are better pizza places in Leeds for the same price.

• Visited May 2014