“Friendly Service & Very Good Food”
Review of Elysium - CLOSED

Elysium
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: City centre located LS1 (2min Walk from Leeds Train Station) modern Italian Restaurant/Bar, offering Modern Italian Cuisine. With a new food menu for the restaurant to appeal to people with all tastes of Italy. Offering great value meals with Fine Italian Dining. While the menu covers most regions of Italy, there is a particular emphasis on the cuisine of Italy. Elysium is committed to sourcing ingredients from small, artisan producers, with many specially imported from Italy. In true Italian style, we insist at Elysium preparing and making all the bread and pasta fresh each day, complemented only by the very best in seasonal British produce.
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Friendly Service & Very Good Food”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

On a recent trip to Leeds we visited this restaurant and were extremely happy with the service we received. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and the food was great. Would recommend a visit to anyone living or visiting Leeds.

Also highly recommend their champagne cocktails (perfect during happy hour too!)

1 Thank Cornelious_12

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Not great Set Menu”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I've been to Elysium when it reopened and we had a fantastic experience. So me and my husband decided to take our parents for dinner there with the Set Menu (Two courses + drink for £9.95) but we were quite disappointed with it. My starter was really nice (Mushroom bruschetta), however the others' starters were not fantastic, size wise it was really small. The wine choice was really good! And we all had the same main course Pollo al Savannah (which is not even in the a la Carte menu, so we didn't even know what it was all about, but we decided to try it out), however it was even more disappointing. It was soooo small that they could've got away with it if they put as one the the starters. Didn't satisfy us at all, so we left there still hungry.

Service was impecable!

1 Thank Tamires C
Leeds
“Why bother?”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I really wanted to prove myself wrong on here and went to try this restaurant again. After all, it is opposite the building I live in, so why not? Right from when the food was served, I wished I hadn't bothered.
The decor is nice, the restaurant looks really smart and yes, the open plan kitchen gives it an overall professional look. The waitress was friendly, very nice and attentive too.
But the food was just disappointing. Plain, no flavour, the portions were not even big enough! The Caprese salad came with 5 tiny tomato and mozzarella slices, all topped by pesto. Now, let alone the fact you wouldn't put pesto on a Caprese salad (I am Italian and I know what I am talking about), the quantity of food presented on a plate was just miserable. The bruschettas were presented very elegantly, but the tomato one was just as disappointing, the mushroom one was just as flavourless and the cheese and ham one was also plain. No hints of garlic, no flavour coming through from the herbs used, I wonder what type of ingredients they use?
The pizza bases were extremely salty and doused in flour, so much in fact that with every mouthful you got a lumpy and glutinous flavour in your mouth and it ruined everything. I might come across as a snob, but the disappointment was even greater when the owner turned out to be an Italian middle aged man. What got me the most was that the place has a lot of potential, its location is perfect and the food USED to be amazing when it first opened. If you're Italian and you open a restaurant abroad, you want this to showcase and present the food and culture of your country, so the flavours should be bold, intriguing, real and exciting. Here, the overall dining experience was very dull and boring.
I went back once, a mistake I am definitely not making again.

2 Thank Andrea A
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“children friendly”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

amazing service very friendly atmosphere and took my two year old and 4 year old and was very children friendly had no trouble at all with ordering anything for them.
I would most def go back.....
Its a must visit

1 Thank Cassie P
“Fantastic, I'd come again!!!”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Very friendly and welcoming staff, quality drinks and food made to order, very professional, stylish and definitely worth a visit.