“Gem of a restaurant with a great mediterranean vibe”

The Turkuaz Restaurant
Ranked #76 of 1,871 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$9 - US$19
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are a small independent Turkish & Mediterranean restaurant and bar just outside of Leeds. The Turkuaz Restaurant offers a selection of menus throughout the day, ranging from light lunches through to gourmet salads and dishes. We pride our selves on serving large portions at reasonable prices. We also serve a range of speciality teas and freshly ground coffee, and we also have our fine dining evening menu and exquisite wine collections. At The Turkuaz Restaurant, we take pride on the quality of our authentic Turkish food, and our Mediterranean twists. We are one of a small number of Turkish restaurants in Leeds, which is a real shame as it give you nothing to measure just how good we are... Take advantage of our 2 course deal for only £12.95 - Sunday to Thursday - and book your table online today. We look forward to seeing you soon, and we hope you enjoy our all new and exciting Turkish menu...
Leeds, UK
“Gem of a restaurant with a great mediterranean vibe”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I visited this restaurant with a group of friends as we were looking for something a bit different that was local to Yeadon. Having read the good trip advisor reviews we decided to pay a visit and we were not disappointed.
The restaurant itself is quite small but has a lovely outside seating area for summer evenings. It's nicely decorated and we all felt as though we were on holiday.
The service was really friendly and attentive and the food was served quite quickly although we were never rushed.

The home made warm Turkish bread was lovely and made a nice starter with hummous and olives. As a main course I tried a chicken and lamb dish which was very tasty and nicely cooked. Everyone's meal had a really nice mix of bits to try on the plate; salad, sauces, rice etc.

Everybody thoroughly enjoyed their food and whoever said the portions were small/ not large must have a crazy appetite. We were all stuffed and I can eat a lot!!!

Also whoever said it was pricey I think was way off as well. We paid about £26 a head which for starters, mains and wine including tip on a Saturday night is to me average/fair.

All in all we had a great time and will most definitely be back.

• Turkish first
“What a lovely place”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch as seen the 2 course for 11.95 offer.

Had some lovely food And great advice from waiter on what to have. Very authentic restaurant - as someone else has said it feels like your on holiday.

We ordered our meals and asked for bread/oils and he said of course on the house! He could have charged us thev2/3 it was on menu but didn't. Nice desserts and coffees.

2 x soups, 2 mixed grills, desserts, 2 pts coke, bottled cider, 2 coffees. £43. Some of the nicest food I have ever had.

Salad was so fresh/crunch must have come from salad garden outside 5 mins before plating up it was that fresh!

Awesome place will go back and back and back after this our first visit!

J - otley

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food and welcome”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We went for a family meal on a Friday evening. Despite not having a booking and the restaurant being busy, every attempt was made to accommodate us. The waiter introduced himself to my little boy and asked his name and made a real fuss of him- it made him feel very special and he really enjoyed the attention. My one year old tucked into my bulgar rice and the waiter brought her a small portion f her own without asking. Our food was lovely, we had chicken shish, Dona shish, and chicken supreme and all of it was gorgeous. The waiter brought the children a small portion of chocolate cake at the end because they'd eaten their food so nicely.
We really enjoyed the food, the atmosphere is so enjoyable- like being on holiday, and the service was exceptional. The whole experience was really enjoyable and I look forwards to visiting again as a family.

1 Thank katy b
“Very good food”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We have been turkuaz few times.we love it food is very nice and tasty.service is exceptional. All staff very frendly and help full. Atmosphere is very good and cosy. Price is very good two course offer £11.95.you can't beat. ...

2 Thank TC Mehmet I
“A Birthday to remember”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

What more can I say loved every second of my birthday experience, it was wonderful. I went there with friends celebrate my birthday and another friends birthday it was one to remember. We were welcome by the manager and the evening just got better and better, great menu, great food, great atmosphere, great staff and great portions - just a great restaurant with lovely staff. I just cannot find anything negative to say about this restaurant. Loved, loved, loved it. We will be back! And be recommending it to friends.

• Visited May 2014