“A thoroughly enjoyable evening”

Sukhothai South Parade Leeds
Ranked #33 of 1,950 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$16 - US$48
Cuisines: Thai, Street Food
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sukhothai are purveyors of the finest Thai cuisine. This city centre branch is open daily serving authentic thai cuisine ranging from Street Food to Royal Thai Cuisine, all cooked in a glass fronted theatre kitchen.
Reviewed 20 April 2014

20+ people for a birthday celebration. It was suggested that we have a pre-ordered banquet style meal rather than trying to order individually. The idea worked. We enjoyed a veritable feast of different appetisers and main courses. Presentation and arrival at the table was excellent. It is good to see that the restaurant can state the provenance of their meats too, something totally lacking in most restaurants. All in all a very, very good experience. Well done.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,409)

Reviewed 20 April 2014

My partner and I visited Sukhothai after a recommendation from a friend in Leeds and we were certainly not disappointed! The food tasted very fresh, was presented very beautifully and the atmosphere of the restaurant was relaxed but busy and vibrant. The mixed starter we had was presented on a big gold dish and was more than enough food for two - in fact we were given 3 of every selection. The main courses were also delicious, we had Thai red curry with prawns - it was just the right level of spicy and the prawns were succulent and fresh. I found the price to be very reasonable for such quality food in a great environment! We will definitely be visiting again - I would say it is the best Thai food I have had in England!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

The décor was fantastic and being able to see the chefs at work created an exciting atmosphere. The food arrived very promptly. I ordered a duck dish and was pleased that the portion of meat on the plate was generous (and very tasty!). Highly recommend the coconut rice too!

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Went here with my son 18th April. Had great meal good value and good service. Restaurant really nicely decorated. Would definitely recommend. Mrs

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I'm Thai and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for an excellent Thai meal in Leeds. Having been a regular customer of its Headingley Branch, Sukhothai South Parade still maintains its excellent authentic Thai food with its friendly service plus the new decoration and some new food presentation have pushed it up the rank to be one of the best fine dining restaurants in Leeds city centre easily. The new 2-floor restaurant is stunningly beautiful and the atmosphere is amazing and suitable for any occasion.

Go for the mixed starter for two (no. 131) as it gives you the chance to sample 4 of its best starters. Do try the grilled pork or grilled beef skewers (nos.158 and 159) too! For main course, I would recommend the grilled chicken breast served on a hot sizzling pan (no. 144) and the steamed seabass in spicy lime sauce (no. 147). Don't forget to order the stir-fried noodle and coconut rice as your side dishes.

2  Thank janephob