“Disappointed”

Skyliner Restaurant
Ranked #135 of 1,806 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to the Skyliner, we are a family run restaurant and takeaway in our 53rd year. We pride ourselves in providing top quality fish & chips sourcing the best products available daily. We offer a Gluten Free menu too, including our famous fish & chips. We also cater for parties and functions with free delivery, or why not have your party right here with us?
Otley, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

After visiting this takeaway a few times and finding it fine we decided to get a fish and chip tea after returning from a family funeral. I drove past two other chippys to get there and I have never been so disappointed. The fish and the chips were just dripping in grease and completely tasteless, the batter on the fish was heavy and stodgy and the overall impression was that the person who knew what they were doing had taken the day off. The staff were more interested in talking to each other about an upcoming wedding than their customers and I am afraid I will probably not be going back to the Skyliner. Extremely disappointed that what we received was not what is advertised on their website!!

• Visited July 2014

“Fantastic food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

The waitresses were very attentive yet unobtrusive - a perfect combination. The food was delicious and nothing was too much trouble - extra sauces and individual add-ons. The flexible menu suited every member of our large party. How they managed to keep everyone satisfied with food and individual drinks requests was excellent. I have also been as a small family and the service and food again was first class. Cant wait for my next visit.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“works night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Once again another fabulous night out at the skyliner best fish and chips ever fantastic service,friendly staff and the owner is a fab host,
We were a party of 25 everyone's food came at same time and was piping hot and fresh delicious.
And a bonus is there is a license bar :-)
I would definitely recommend either with family or friends

Leeds
“Delicious Fish and Chips - Look out for early bird offer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Its nice to write a review with no negatives, and this is one occasion when I can.

Me and the wife went here on Thursday night with my elderly Mum and Stepdad.

The friendly waiter was particularly helpful and drew our attention to the special offer of the early bird menu, a nice touch that was appreciated. It wasn't even that early.

We had special haddock, chips, bread and butter and choice of drink all for £9.50. I had a large white wine with my meal, whilst others had a beer. I really like a genuine offer with no strings attached such as this one.

The fish and chips were very nice and not greasy at all. The portion size was generous. Better than Coes of Key fisheries in my opinion.

If you are thinking of going look out for other offers on their website.

No reason to give other than full marks here and on my list of places to revisit, in fact my Mum was asking when we could go again on the way home.

• Visited June 2014
“Not as good as it was ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I've been going to this place since I was little and the quality on this place is patchy. Sometimes excellent, sometimes poor.

The only time I ever really enjoy any fish and chips here is in the restaurant, but in the out sales seem a let down strangely.

I don't know what they make their batter with but it's like lead.

I go to many fish n chips around Leeds, York and Wetherby and always go for quality. The last time I got fish and chips here they papers seaped grease onto my car seat despite having 3 layers of paper.

Far too much grease on chips.. The paper was sodden

Will be cautious if I go back!