“Not bad if you have a spare 10 hours!”
Review of Pole Position Indoor Karting - CLOSED

Pole Position Indoor Karting
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Welcome to PPiK Leeds - the North's finest indoor karting arena! With over 10+ years experience, we offer corporate events, private parties and junior karting - using the latest & best equipment available. The awesome 600m tarmac circuit has a bridge, tunnel, underpass and elevated pit area with Karting Magazine describing it as "The UK's most innovative Circuit". Check out PPiK out for yourself and we look forward to seeing you racing with us soon !
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Totally ruined a birthday party!
6 of us arrived at 4:30 as we were booked in to go on the track at 5:00...we were told there was about an hour wait, so even though we'd booked a table for dinner afterwards, we decided to wait an extra hour. We didn't actually get on the track until around 7:40 with around 12 others from a desperate party, and after being stopped 3 times in half an hour for warnings to be given to the other party for unsafe driving, we decided we'd had enough and left the track. What a joke. We missed the birthday meal and spent a whole afternoon in a poorly maintained vending area. Not impressed at all. No one called us to tell us about the delay and the management were very unprofessional and did nothing to compensate us. What a joke.

8  Thank Lauraaa_k

Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

A well set up, slick operation that included a briefing, ten minute time trials and a 30 minute race, use of decent helmets and racing overalls. The 8 month old karts were mostly in tip top condition (1 out of 18 kept cutting out) and track in good condition. Got hauled out of our cars once for too much contact/bumping. Centre's priorities were staff first, karts second, Customers somewhere else I guess!! Didn't spoil our enjoyment too much although we did feel a bit like delinquints! Evening finished with presentation in the bar, of trophy and bubbly all the way from ....... Liverpool. Will go again but will make sure rather than paying the £630 plus £54 membership plus £9 for helmet liners for 18 riders, we'll avail ourselves of the offers in the PPiK brochures!

1  Thank BobbyDHolmfirth
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Paid £550 for 10 guys to race at Pole Posistion, Leeds,now correct me if I'm wrong, but racing is what we expected, and if you have around 12 karts on a track that is around 3 metres wide and the guys are racing, you may expect the odd knock or two. Now I also understand that safety comes first, however, due the volume of yellow flags and 2 red flags I got 10 minutes for the cost of £55.00. To make matters worse the manager shouted and raged about safety, it was simply the plastic guard on the track had lost a self-tapper or two. It did not warrant him to create and kick off lie he did. When we arrived the track was covered in standing water due to the fire brigade I was told, so there was a bit of spinning on the corners. I will never, ever, ever recommend this venue again, it was my idea, what a massive let down. There was around 60 minutes of racing out of the 2 hours paid, and all the manager screamed was, " I can stop this whenever I want, and you will not get your money back, so I have warned you". What a poor example of bad management, may I suggest the owner quickly grabs hold of this and sorts it, before word spreads. One little plus note, the girl on reception was great, thank-you. On a note to the management, the manager, ranted that he was short staffed, and was doing everything, not our fault pal.!!!!!!!

4  Thank Meggo1709
Reviewed 2 June 2013

only visited once with my grandchild where he had a lesson before being aloud to drive on his own, which was good because the karts can go quite fast.