“Just awesome!!”
Review of O2 Academy

O2 Academy
Ranked #20 of 157 Nightlife in Leeds
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We went to see The Editors there last weekend, and were the first time in Leeds. The O2 Academy was really great. Fantastic acoustic, great size of the venue, and incredibly friendly staff - from Barmaids to the Doormen! Well done guys!!

1  Thank vak0208

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I went to see my namesake play here last week. It was the first time I'd seen him and been to the Academy. If you have not been before, it's a converted (Methodist I think) church in the City centre. As a result you get excellent acoustics and the building is designed for you to view the stage area. It reminds me quite a lot of Rock City in Notts, dark, blackened walls and the Tuborg is the same price at £3.50 a pint. It feels like a concert hall rather than a place where a band has come to play like a sports arena. If you are driving it can be a pain to get to if you don't know Leeds' one way system, but there is a free car park just off Woodhouse Lane that you can walk to in five minutes if you go down Vernon Street and then turn into Cookridge Street for the venue.

2  Thank GrahamParker1962
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Seen lots of acts here, all have been great and the security do a wonderful job. The only thing that winds me up is the price of drinks.

1  Thank chloenashx
Reviewed 23 October 2013

What a refreshing change going to watch a concert in a decent sized hall, with standing room only, apart from some seating in the balcony.Walls and ceiling painted black, with the bar at the back, all helping to create a great atmosphere unlike those massive soulless arenas, please stick the Tetley sign back on the pump, this did cause a minor shock, thinking we'd have to drink canned bitter, but credit to the barman for being on the ball !

1  Thank Dave W
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I saw The Killers here last year. The security staff were all so friendly in comparison to the usual grumps you get in London and down south. We queued to get a good spot in the venue and there was a covered area to queue so if it rained you wouldn't get wet. Everyone was in good spirits due to the staff being friendly and coming outside to see if we were all okay. The ticketing system was a shambles but I'm not sure whether that was the venue's fault or not. The actual gig was brilliant and we could see really well. Would recommend going to see artists perform here!

1  Thank HFB93