“Awful Will Never Visit Again”

Miller & Carter Leeds Light
Ranked #240 of 2,294 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$11 - US$66
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving up its painstakingly sourced menu of succulent steak dishes, Miller & Carter is devoted to all things beef. Alongside delicious cuts from the grill, the diverse menu includes build-your-own burgers, market-fresh fish dishes and a range of tempting nibbles. Chilled draught beers, cooling cocktails and an extensive list of tipples are found behind the bar, or guests can choose from the well-stocked wine cellar.
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I have been to Miller & Carter many times in the past & really enjoyed every aspect. From my last experience I will never set foot in this establishment ever again as a result of the food quality & the subsequent customer service.
I visited with my wife & we both ordered the Bistro Rump. As we ate it we both found it was tough, chewy & difficult to eat. I mentioned this fact to our waitress who said she would pass it on to the chef. As I left the restaurant I repeated my disappointment to the manager, who looked very disinterested.
Following my visit I filled out an online customer feedback survey & left a very bad review that accurately reflected my experience.
Since I submitted that review I have received absolutely no response. Surely any business with an ounce of customer service would want to explain, defend or apologise?
For that reason, disgusting food & non-existent customer service, I will never set at Miller and Carter ever again.....even if they paid ME!
There are lots & lots of GOOD restaurants to choose from out there who actually care about their customers. Something this business has proved they do not.

2  Thank Mark R
MCleedsmanager, General Manager at Miller & Carter Leeds Light, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Hi Mark, I am very sorry that you didnt have a great experience on your visit. If you would like to give me a ring on 01132443583 I will happily speak through your visit with you. Unsure on why you havent heard anything back as we always respond to any feedback we get, as we do care alot about our guest experience. Regards

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Have previously loved this restaurant chain but our last experience at another location was so bad we were nervous tonight. No need to have worried. Lovely service. Loved as starters the garlic bread and the nachos both to share. Nicely cooked steaks. Quite pricey both in terms of food and drink so make sure each member of your group sign up for their steak club before you arrive cos at least you will get a free glass of wine each.

Thank you for your great review. I will pass on your comments to the team. Also defiantly get your friends to join our steak club for some great exclusive offers. Hope to see you again soon, Regards

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

We came out for a birthday meal, waited over an hour for the food. The quality was reasonable but not exciting!
Bit disappointing to be honest

MCleedsmanager, General Manager at Miller & Carter Leeds Light, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Sorry you didnt have a great experience on your last visit. hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Myself and my mum had a delicious meal on Tuesday 22nd May. Although the restaurant was quiet, we were served by a lovely waitress called Eva. She was extremely attentive, very polite, friendly and helpful. Fantastic service and great meal. Thank you!

Thanks for your great review, I will pass on your comments to Eva and the team. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Absolutely perfect, both of our steaks were cooked exactly as requested and wouldn’t change a thing. Staff were very friendly, from the barman to the manager, all very attentive and welcoming. A special thank you to our waitress, Eva, for making my girlfriends birthday a very enjoyable one!