“Extremely rude and arrogant door staff!”
Review of Oracle First Floor

Oracle First Floor
Ranked #123 of 155 Nightlife in Leeds
More attraction details
Owner description: Oracle First Floor Nightclub recently underwent an extensive refurb. The club opens for weekly Saturday night clubnights with Candypants and is available for private hire throughout the week.
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Extremely rude and arrogant door staff!”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

My friend and I were visiting the Oracle nightclub for a special night, it was the first time that we had been there. I had been told that the doors opened at 11pm so we arrived at around 11.30pm to be told that the club wasn’t open yet and to get a drink in the bar next door until it opened. After waiting until around 12pm we then joined the queue to be told we weren’t allowed into the venue. I asked the doorman why we were refused entry and he said he didn’t have to give a reason. I then asked to speak to the manager after explaining that we had this night planned for my friend’s Birthday and I had been put on the guestlist. We waited for an hour in the freezing cold. After not been given a reason as to why we weren’t allowed in I feel it was purely on a discriminatory level as we weren’t asked for ID or to search our bags. The staff were extremely rude and unhelpful, not welcoming or friendly at all. I felt like we were being talked down to and that our face didn’t “fit”. The staff were very arrogant and unconcerned about whether the customers were happy. We left Oracle feeling very disappointed as this was the first time that we have been refused entry into any nightclub in Leeds in the ten years we have been going out there. We were made to feel unwelcome, humiliated and above all discriminated against. We were so looking forward to the special event night that we had planned for my friend’s Birthday and instead came away from this venue very upset and distressed as we had no explanation for the decision making on not allowing us entry. I have put in this complaint to the manager of the bar and not had a response. This just shows how unconcerned the staff are which is worrying. I have not eaten at this restaurant so cannot comment on the food but unfortunately after my experience I have to agree with the other comments made on here about the staff being rude and pretentious.

4 Thank Jessica G