“Exaggeration”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Foleys Tap House

Foleys Tap House
Ranked #8 of 150 Nightlife in Leeds
More attraction details
Owner description: Foleys Tap House is York brewery's flagship outlet in Leeds. Housed in the beautiful Grade II listed Pearl Chambers, Foleys is a magnificent building steeped in history. The pub has a vast selection of fantastic products including 12 handpulls, 9 craft beer lines and 24 traditional ciders. The pub recently won the 2015 CAMRA Cider Pub of the Year as well as Best UK cider pub at the Great British Pub Awards 2016.
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Exaggeration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Upon reading the last review of foley's one must use the term LOL. Talk about exaggerating the facts. I was also in the bar that day an on my recollection the was at least 25 people eating along with the other people just drinking... The area alone were I was sitting was full a group of 13/14 guys. A group of 4 people. 2 woman an a guy sat next to me . Hats off to the barman who was run of his feet an the chief cooking all those meals . Will definitely be calling again soon 10/10

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Sharron W
Jason A, Manager at Foleys Tap House, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Hi Sharon, Thanks for your review. We're fully aware that all too often people sadly use trip advisor not as a great tool for giving honest feedback, but as a channel for those with an axe to grind knowing businesses can't always defend themselves against acusations. It's great to see a fellow customer supporting our side of the story so thankyou, the review in question has since been removed by site administrators as well. Thanks for your help!

Leeds
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Best pint of Staropraman outside of Prague!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

My favourite pub in Leeds, i'll be a regular for as long as they serve amazing pints of star, nowhere else in city seems to be able to both stock it and pour a pint which doesn't go flat as a pancake half way through. Loads of beers and lagers on so you'll be fine regardless of what your tipple is. Great location too.

Visited April 2014
Thanks for your review. I've never been to prague so I'll have to take your word for that but thanks all the same. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Peterborough, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Somewhere special in Leeds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

I happened on this pub, totally without plan, whilst visiting Leeds with my daughter to check out Leeds as a University town. We were hungry and were just seeing gastro pubs. I saw this place and instinct told me it could be OK. I was certainly proved right. The staff were exceptionally welcoming, the interior atmospheric, the food was well priced with plenty of choice, and then I saw the choice of beers! An exceptional pub and an unobstructed view of Leeds Town Hall. That might seem a strange comment but I genuinely said to my daughter, "Short of looking out at the House of Parliament, you couldn't ask for a more atmospheric view" Try this pub, it's well worth it!

Visited February 2014
Thanks for your feedback, i'm very pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit (I am fairly sure I served you myself!). We know we're very lucky to have the stunning location we do so thank you again. As for the beer range, it's bigger and better than ever, we'd love to see you again at some point!
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“excellent city centre pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

A superb choice of Yorkshire ales in here, mostly from the York brewery but others on offer too, along with an impressive food menu. friendly and welcoming bar staff. I visited Leeds city centre on a Saturday lunchtime with united playing at home, most of the pubs were too busy but this was an oasis of civilisation. highly recommended

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Derek M
Thanks For your Feedback Derek, it's greatly appreciated. We do our best to meet peoples expectations so it's always great when we've achieved that. we're all for Yorkshire ales (though we may be a little biased!), theres so many great breweries in Yorkshire alone and we love to celebrate that. Thanks again!
London, United Kingdom
394 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 649 helpful votes
“Decent beer range usually found here.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

Bit of a Leeds institution housed in the Portland Stone former Pearl Assurance office building opposite Leeds' magnificent City Hall
Formerly known as Dr Okells, when it sold beers from The Isle of Man Brewery of that name, it is now the York Brewery outlet outside of York. There are usually 10 cask ales changing daily, 2 guest keg lines, a dedicated Brewdog font, and a wide range of lagers on offer.
For my latest afternoon visit most of the ten handpumps were on the go and tried a couple of the available York Brewery Ales and they were in good nick.
It can be a bit cold and soulless when empty and is one of those places that does benefit from having a throng of punters in.

Visited December 2013
Thanks for your feedback. we're always excited about great beer and since your last visit have expanded the range in all areas, please feel free to come see yourself! As for the cold, it's a huge building to heat and as a Victorian building the insulation isn't what it could be but we do max out our heating to make it cosy as possible. Thanks again!