“Poor service and greasy food ”
Review of Cielo Blanco

Cielo Blanco
Ranked #118 of 1,838 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$6 - US$38
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cielo Blanco is a Mexican restaurant in Trinity Leeds.Cielo Blanco hopes to give all it's guests a simple taste of authentic Mexican cuisine. Cielo Blanco is located on the 2nd floor of the Trinity Centre, just above TopShop on Briggate in Leeds city centre. We're open 7 days a week serving lunch from midday and dinner up to 11pm. Our menu is designed for an authentic Mexican experience which means you can come for a quick drink, taco or burrito or come and have an all night feast with all your friends and a cocktail or two.At Cielo Blanco, which we believe is Leeds first authentic Mexican restaurant, we offer street and market food inspired by our trips to Mexico. Along with market food we also have Mexican inspired super food salads, sharing boards and feast menus. Nick Fox, our company bar trainer, specially crafted an amazing list of unique cocktails and non-alcoholic freshly-squeezed juices to help keep you on top form at lunch, after work or on an evening out!"Cielo Blanco, Simplemente Mexicano" - we hope to see you in Leeds soon!
Yorkshire
“Poor service and greasy food ”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

This was my third or forth meal in Cielo Blanco and normally the food has been excellent although the service lacking. In light of my previous experiences I have given it 3 out of 5.

We were stood outside waiting for a waitress for approximately 10 minutes. The restaurant was fairly quiet and several staff seemed to be walking round aimlessly. Finally we were taken to a table and left with the menus. Due to previous experience we picked from the street food menu which meant six sharing dishes.

Drinks were brought over and around 10 minutes later so were the sharing tacos. Around 20 minutes later the food arrived. Whilst the presentation was good most of items were very slimy and greasy. The food was very bland and compared to previous times we were very disappointed. Yet again staff were poor and they failed to provide any service or ask if we wanted anything else to drink.

After giving it plenty of chances we won't be going back again as even the food isn't worth it. Service charge is also added as standard even on a table of two. I like to choose how much I tip and reward good service but I feel you are obliged to pay it. There are numerous better places within Leeds to eat around the same price and a much better service.

1 Thank jennycc13

St Helens, United Kingdom
“Very good”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Good food, clear information from staff including the many gluten free options. Service didn't take long, and the deal we chose was good value.
The only thing we didn't like is a service charge is automatically added to the bill, we always leave a tip, but having it added already is something I don't like restaurants doing and it might put me off visiting again in the future.

1 Thank mbrunskill
“Amazing”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My new favourite place to eat in Leeds! Fast, friendly service and very helpful taking us through the menu as it was our first visit. Also helped explain dishes we'd never had before. Had the street food experience - 6 dishes between the two of us. The salty beef empanadas were my favourite. The smokey chicken and sweetcorn quesadilla was amazing also. Corn on the cob some of the best I've ever had. Drinks were slightly expensive but tasted amazing. We had the strawberry and kiwi margarita and the watermelon and pear margarita - both were amazing and brought to us very speedily. Nice atmosphere, amazing food and great service. So glad we chose to eat here.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What is that slimey white stuff??”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

l wish to give a balanced review of our experince of all the party so will do this in 2 halves:-
While in Leeds with my wife and her niece we spent almost an hour deciding on where to go to eat ( with the help of tripadvisor ) within walking distance of where we were staying and picked Cielo Blanco.
The staff there were lively friendly and helpful talking us through the menu and so ordered drinks which as other reviewers have ponted out are pricey but they arrived quickly with free chips and dips while we waited having decided to try the street food.
The food arrived and my wife and her niece absolutely loved all of it and the staff were totally attentive and helpful at all times throughout the evening.
BUT:-
While the food was being served at our table the waitress dropped one of the dishes onto my new DKNY Jacket hanging on the back of my chair which l had just brought that day and l was none too pleased but she was very apologetic and the dish was replaced near the end of the meal (have since had it cleaned but still left a slight stain) but want to know what that white slimy stuff is???
And why do they cover eveyrthing with it?
You seem to get this cold tasteless slimy feeling in your mouth before you taste any food, and most of the food seemed to be lukewarm at best.Now it might be that it should be served that way but thats not for me as l like hot food (otherwise i'd just order a salad) and all that white stuff could have been put just in a small dish that you could add it to taste as much or little each person likes, could have made it more enjoyable?
Maybe the other dishes fair better than the street food that is closer to my tastes but l don't think i'll try it again but my wife would absolutely go again though without me l think and so this review score only reflects my views

1 Thank Robric59
Rotherham
“Lovely !”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We managed to get an outside table on the terrace in the sunshine .... Beautiful ! Dat drinking a cold lager I felt like I was still on my holidays ! The food was lovely ... Complementary nachos to start, followed by nachos with assorted dips then tacos. Really nude food and very good service. Food prices reasonable, drinks quite expensive. Definitely worth another visit !