“Nice food”

Ranked #162 of 1,829 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Cuisines: International
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Freshly cooked food for everyone served to the sound of great music - guaranteed to make you feel good!
Leeds
“Nice food”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

The food was nice , possible a touch pricey for what it is.

Went at a quiet point an so no issue for service, friendly helpful staff.

My biggest bug is popping a optional 10% service charge on to the bill. In the hope customers won't want the arkwardness of asking for it to be removed.

Liversedge, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Welcoming, friendly service with a disabled child”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My 2 year old son is in a wheelchair and has trouble eating but we found giraffe to be a great place to take him. We were given the table I requested, my son was given crayons and our server helped get him into a high chair. I was allowed to mix up the kids menu so I could feed my child food he could manage and the server kindly offered to bring it out as soon as it was ready so I could feed him quickly. Mine and my mum's food was tasty and portions were great for lunchtime. All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our visit and will definitely return.

• Visited May 2014
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Terrible service.”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My burger was tasteless and my fries were stone cold. After asking for the bill the young man serving left, I was sat awaiting thinning he had gone to get the bill for me however he and went to clear 2 tables.He then brought us the bill and I asked if I could have the card machine, again away he went and sat down 4 people at one table and took drinks order then served 3 more tables. It too us at least 15 minutes before we got frustrated and asked for the card machine again. We give the boy his due as it was fairly busy. Not to busy to pass over a card machine and wait literally 30 seconds for a payment to process though! After asking another member of staff they said yeah sure for us to only have to wait again as they then went away for 5 minutes to bring over the card machine! Service was slow and uncalled for especially as it was not that busy. My food was poor quality of meat.

• Visited May 2014
giraffeconcepts, Social Media Manager at Giraffe - Trinity Centre Leeds, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Hey there,

Sorry to hear about the mix up with the card machine at the end of your meal. That's certainly not the best way to end a meal out! I'll pass your feedback onto the manager of the restaurant to ensure future problems like this are avoided.

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.
Ossett, United Kingdom
“good food, good value, great service”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Took my mum here for mothers day and it was really great. The beef grilled sandwiches were top notch and the deserts really did fill the pallet. The service was great and top notch. Try the fresh lemonade. I did not mind the tip for a friendly server who was always on hand to help despite how busy it was.

• Visited April 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Meals getting smaller each time...”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I went to Giraffe restaurant for the third time with my wife, my son and my stepson for a farewell meal as my stepson gone to live in USA for good...As i enjoyed the 2 previous trips, it was the best place to treat my stepson...But i was really disappointed with the size of the meals as my wife and I noticed it was much smaller than the last 2 meals...We usually have a starter and a meal and never desserts as we do not have enough room in our stomach but this time we did have a dessert as we did not have enough to eat with the starter and the main meal. When we got our bill, I was very annoyed that a 10% gratuity tip (which was optional) was added on...This should not be allowed as some people may not have the confidence to say no to the 10%...I was confidence enough to refuse to give 10%...I found out that all waiters are paid a minimum wage and I do feel strongly that the owner/management should pay their staff more and not rely on the public to boost up the waiter's wage...After all, most of us are on a minimum wage and we cannot afford to bolster up the management's slaves their wages...Come on you management, take off that tip on the bill and let us the public to decide how much to tip the waiters...If the management continues to put on the tip on the bill, then I am not going again...Also the cost of each meal is now rather expensive so come on the management as you have more than enough to pay your waiters a decent wage....The meals we had was on 23rd April 2014...Also we had to wait about 15 minutes for the menu for the desserts...

• Visited April 2014