“Not bad at all for a chain in a shopping centre”

Giraffe - Trinity Centre Leeds
Ranked #163 of 1,838 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Freshly cooked food for everyone served to the sound of great music - guaranteed to make you feel good!
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Not bad at all for a chain in a shopping centre”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Visited Sunday afternoon with a group of 8 people. They set a big table up quickly and I couldn't fault the service. I had the chicken and prawn salad and the apple and elderflower cocktail and enjoyed both. I finished with key lime pie which was lovely and light. Staff were friendly but careful not to rush us out but made sure we had everything we needed.

• Visited August 2014

“Lunch time drop in”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

The restaurant was okay. Food wasn't bad and staff were pleasant, it just isn't one to rave about. Good for a bite to eat at lunch.

Visited May 2014
“Very Average”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I know Giraffe makes no claim to be a quality dining experience but having been to the London Kings Cross branch and finding myself impressed with the quality of the food, I found my visit to the Trinity Leeds branch very disappointing. The staff were friendly enough although we did have to wait a while for the food and also the bill but the food was very average with luke warm chips, slightly over cooked, flavourless burger and bland coleslaw. I am never very keen on places which automatically add service charge to the bill either - a bit cheeky in my view.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Mrsfussybag
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely evening out.”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I came here with my husband and son last Saturday evening and had a brilliant evening.
Although the service was a little slow (I guess it was a busy Saturday!), the staff were lovely and attentive. The menu choices were great - My husband had a chicken Kiev meal and I had chorizo carbonara with a side of vegetables. Both meals were delicious, as was my Berry Bellini which was so good I had two ;).
Great choice of meals for kids too - my son wolfed down his sweet potato fries that came with his hot dog, and he was made to feel very welcome by the staff.

Also, have to add that we *loved* the music playing in the restaurant - so much better then the usual easy listening stuff that Is usually played.

All in all a great meal out - Thank you Giraffe!

Settle, United Kingdom
“Disappointing service”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Visited with my 5 year old daughter as a school holiday treat. We only had a few hours in Leeds so got to Giraffe at 12pm to avoid the rush. The restaurant was virtually empty when we arrived, and our order was taken quickly. The food was very good, but it took such a long time to arrive, far too long for a child to wait without getting bored and hungry! When it did arrive we were brought fries instead of the sweet potato fries we'd ordered - so had to wait for these to be brought. (I later heard the the table next to us complain to the same waiter that they had also been brought normal fries when they had ordered sweet potato fries.) When our plates were cleared, we weren't offered a dessert menu until about 10 minutes later. As we'd been there almost an hour and a half by this point I didn't want to order, but my daughter really wanted a brownie (again, delicious) so we ordered that and a mint tea for me. The brownie arrived but the mint tea didn't. When the finished brownie was cleared away I asked that the mint tea be cancelled as it was too late & could I just have the bill. 5 minutes later the mint tea arrived, with no bill.
Not major issues, but a lack of attention to detail & painfully slow service turned what should have been an enjoyable experience a frustrating one.