“Calverley Arms”
Review of The Calverley Arms

The Calverley Arms
Ranked #656 of 1,883 Restaurants in Leeds
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Calverley Arms in Calverley is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Visited for Sunday dinner, after waiting 20 minutes I was given a cold roast dinner and my husbands 'whale of a fish' was over cooked and hiding under a chip. The crumble was over cooked and barely edible - Not a good experience and I wouldn't recommend! A pity really as it used to be a nice place to go when I couldn't be bothered to cook.

There are newer reviews for The Calverley Arms

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is just a lovely place to eat and drink and while away the hours, totally de-stressing after a week at work. Everything is calm and unhurried. The food is lovely, not big portions by any stretch, but enough to feed two hungry eaters. We have visited here a few times now and every time we have enjoyed it. The service isn't always the best but I can highly recommend this great place, just for the grounds alone.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I visited here for lunch with my partner, parents and brother and sister in law for a get together lunch as my brother lives a fair way away and was over in Leeds to see the family. We wanted somewhere nice that we could sit outside first and have a beer and then a good hearty pub lunch........believe me this is not what we got.
We chose from the snack bites and lunch menu which was either two or three course for a fairly reasonable cost.
We waited over 30 minutes for our starter and although most of them were pretty average, two of us had the pear and Stilton salad....there was no more than 2 mouthfuls and it was gone...not a good start.
Then after ONE HOUR we received our mains. Again most we're extremely average but 3 of us had the fish finger sandwich..... 1 of them was okay ish....but the other 2 were appalling. There was not enough fish finger to cover even a quarter of the bread bun......just 3 very thin and fishless strips. So I called the waitress over to show her and said I wasn't happy with them so she very politely and kindly said she would take the two poor ones away. 2 minutes later whilst everyone else was tucking into their mains, the manager came over...or at least I think he was. He asked what the problem was so I explained that the fish finger sandwich was appalling in quality and that we weren't happy with it after having waited an hour. VERY ignorantly he rolled his eyes and stormed off muttering 'Well it is from the lunch time menu'. After a few minutes he brought back two more sandwiches, the same ones I must add, with a couple more FiSHLESS strips on them. We ate them but they were not good. We also saw the waitress take the same item back into the kitchen from another table so quite obviously there is a problem with this dish.
The so called manager was ignorant, had the customer service skills of a trainee and quite clearly could not run a restaurant at what was a very busy bank holiday Friday. Because of this we did not order a pudding, which we would normally and we quickly paid and left. We had intended to stay and have a few drinks In the garden over the afternoon but I would certainly not give anymore custom to such a poorly run establishment. I would also recommend the 'manager' and I use that title lightly, go back for retraining!!!

1  Thank LloydMason-Edwards
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Beautifully situated venue just off the A657. This is one of Mitchells & Butlers Vintage Inns - aimed at seasoned diners with an emphasis on good service, outstanding food, and pleasant surroundings. Food is faultless. Excellent service with staff eager to please, customer comes first, which makes a refreshing change. All round a very pleasant experience, priced towards the top end but, there again, you only get what you pay for!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We called in on Friday for lunch, we have eaten there before and had a bit of a hit and miss experience with the food but as it's local and the surroundings are nice we decided to give it another try - after looking for somewhere to sit and being told that a part of the restaurant was closed off and directed to another seat (which was fair enough) we then waited at least 15 mins for someone to either offer us a menu or take a drinks order - we had to go and get our own menu from the entrance - a further 15 mins and still no one came to ask us if we wanted a drink or take our order so we decided to leave - needless to say we will not be going back - not for food anyway - real shame as it's a really nice pub being let down badly by poor service